• Please log in to reply
2335 replies to this topic

#401 QuintanaV

QuintanaV
  • 76 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 06:24 PM

Originally Posted by ChocoTaco7568 

My wedding invites have officially been sealed and sent... Woohoo

Awesome :) You are way ahead of the game!! 

#402 PuntaBride

PuntaBride
    • 313 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 06:52 PM

Yayyyy! I was so relieved when I got mine out.  I have 35 guests who have already put their deposits in :)  It's exciting getting the RSVPs in the mail.

#403 Shay4966

Shay4966
      • Site Supporter
      • 262 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 07:14 AM

Originally Posted by SamIAm85 

Hello Ladies!

May 11, 2013 Bride!  We are getting married at the Iberostar Tucan, Playa del Carmen. 

I’m so glad I found this forum.  I’ve already gotten so many great ideas from you girls!  I’m working on the STD and wedding website as we speak.  So excited!

Congrats!!

#404 Ms Savy Bride

Ms Savy Bride
        • 11 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 12:18 PM

Hey to answer your question, we arriving may 16 and we are asking our guest to arrive may 16-19th. Are letting your guest stay at other resorts beside beaches?

#405 Kal520

Kal520
          • 104 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 05:58 PM

I just sent my save the dates for my May wedding...now I'm feeling behind!!

#406 PuntaBride

PuntaBride
            • 313 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 06:11 PM

Originally Posted by Kal520 

Don't feel behind.  I sent mine out early because I wanted to know this far in advance what the cost would be and be able to relay this info to our friends and family so they could save well in advance ... making it more possible for people to come.

I also knew by sending invites so early that a lot of people wouldn't be able to commit at this time, so I put on my RSVP "ask me again in 6 months".  At that point I will arrange for another group rate for anyone ready and wanting to get a good deal!  I've had a number of people select this, but I also have about 35 people who have already paid their deposits :)

#407 bride81

bride81
              • 216 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 10:08 PM

Hey girl, what did you end up doing for the official invite?  I want to see pix :)

#408 ChocoTaco7568

ChocoTaco7568
                • 955 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 06:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bride81 

Hey girl, what did you end up doing for the official invite?  I want to see pix :)

Hmm, I thought I posted a link in this thread, but I guess not. These are a 95% accurate representation of what the final invites looked like:

http://www.bestdesti...ass-invitations

What are you workin on lately?

#409 heather1214

heather1214
                  • 229 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 10:38 AM

Originally Posted by Kal520 

I sent mine last week, you're not behind!! It's still pleanty of time for guests to plan (and save). You couldn't really book flights much earlier than now anyway. When are you planning on sending the formal invites?

#410 Kal520

Kal520
                    • 104 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by heather1214 

I sent mine last week, you're not behind!! It's still pleanty of time for guests to plan (and save). You couldn't really book flights much earlier than now anyway. When are you planning on sending the formal invites?

Well our save the dates have our wedding website link, so people can plan ahead and get travel agent info, so they can even book if they want to. Planning on sending formal invites in November with a reply date in February. I think 6 and 3 months is a good amount of time since people already have the save the dates 9 months out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users