Jump to content

Photo

May 2013 Brides


  • Please log in to reply
2335 replies to this topic

#1821 Marymack

Marymack
  • Jr. Member
  • 414 posts

    Posted 29 March 2013 - 06:53 PM

    KDoyle you are rocking that dress girl!!! I love it....

    Ok ladies here is my dress...still deciding on if I should do a sweetheart neckline or not...thoughts. I originally like ChocoTaco really wanted a dress with sweetheart and the seamstress told me we could make it into sweetheart if I wanted..I have some pretty big `girls`lol, so I`m a little afraid that if I make it sweetheart that I will be showing too much cleavage....LOL (I normally dont mind that but hesitate for my wedding) P.s. This was totally not the dress I was going for ...this was my last dress at the last bridal gown place on my 2nd outing, and I was after more princess style. I didn`t even think to try on fitted dress with my body type but it honestly ended up being way more flattering then the A-line and princess style was..also the sash-belt is going to be sewen into the dress so there won`t be any tie or bow in the back :)  ..



    #1822 ChocoTaco7568

    ChocoTaco7568
    • Member
    • 955 posts

      Posted 29 March 2013 - 08:19 PM

      Absolutely beautiful! I like the modified sweetheart neckline too especially since you're placing the sash at the empire waist.

      #1823 LKocelko

      LKocelko
      • Jr. Member
      • 350 posts

        Posted 30 March 2013 - 05:26 AM

        Originally Posted by KDoyle 

        Ok ladies here is my dress...still deciding on if I should do a sweetheart neckline or not...thoughts. I originally like ChocoTaco really wanted a dress with sweetheart and the seamstress told me we could make it into sweetheart if I wanted..I have some pretty big `girls`lol, so I`m a little afraid that if I make it sweetheart that I will be showing too much cleavage....LOL (I normally dont mind that but hesitate for my wedding)

         

        P.s. This was totally not the dress I was going for ...this was my last dress at the last bridal gown place on my 2nd outing, and I was after more princess style. I didn`t even think to try on fitted dress with my body type but it honestly ended up being way more flattering then the A-line and princess style was..also the sash-belt is going to be sewen into the dress so there won`t be any tie or bow in the back :) 

         

        ..

         

         

         


        I would leave as is. I'm also quite busty, and worry about showing too much on that day. I wouldn't want to worry about feeling exposed. But that's just me :)



        #1824 Kal520

        Kal520
        • Newbie
        • 104 posts

          Posted 30 March 2013 - 11:55 AM

          Originally Posted by ChocoTaco7568 

          Okay final alterations opinion please... I always wanted a sweet heart neckline, and it's the only characteristic of my wedding dress list of requirement that my dress doesn't meet. However, I love the scalloped lace edge detailing on my dresses original design.  I've been contemplating altering the neckline to a sweetheart and in a perfect world I would keep the scalloped detailing, but this is an unlikely option.  So what to ...keep the neckline as is or sacrafice the scalloped lace and get a sweetheart?

          I feel like they should be able to do both. Here is my vision: take the underneath part, beneath the scallop lace and make that a sweetheart neckline, and then add back the scallop over it so its like a sheer overlay...I would totally ask about that! I think it will look amazing with the rest of the dress and give it a detail that is unique to only you.



          #1825 uhura526

          uhura526
          • Jr. Member
          • 330 posts

            Posted 30 March 2013 - 12:17 PM

            is everyone here doing wedding programs?  I pretty much decided against them but I still have time to change my mind but I gotta do it this week.  Only 26 guests for us and just a MOH and BM make up our wedding party so not sure what else to put on the program. What are you guys doing?



            #1826 LKocelko

            LKocelko
            • Jr. Member
            • 350 posts

              Posted 31 March 2013 - 05:59 AM

              Originally Posted by uhura526 

              is everyone here doing wedding programs?  I pretty much decided against them but I still have time to change my mind but I gotta do it this week.  Only 26 guests for us and just a MOH and BM make up our wedding party so not sure what else to put on the program. What are you guys doing?


              We are making our own fan programs that my FI mocked up in Publisher. We bought card stock and will get them printed around here. We only have 19 people coming, and also have only a MOH or BM. Let me know if you want me to post it here or email it to you if you're interested :)



              #1827 Kal520

              Kal520
              • Newbie
              • 104 posts

                Posted 31 March 2013 - 07:52 AM

                posted this in the now jade thread accidently, meant to post here! Oh well maybe I will get twice the answers now! :)

                 

                super random question: those of you that have white linen button down shirts for groomsmen, are you planning on them wearing undershirts (t-shirt) or nothing underneath at all, I am the most clueless person when it comes to menswear I think. My fianc© suggested the ribbed cotton undershirts but I know those will show and look horrible.



                #1828 ChocoTaco7568

                ChocoTaco7568
                • Member
                • 955 posts

                  Posted 31 March 2013 - 09:32 AM

                  Quote:

                  Originally Posted by Kal520 

                  posted this in the now jade thread accidently, meant to post here! Oh well maybe I will get twice the answers now! :)

                   

                  super random question: those of you that have white linen button down shirts for groomsmen, are you planning on them wearing undershirts (t-shirt) or nothing underneath at all, I am the most clueless person when it comes to menswear I think. My fianc© suggested the ribbed cotton undershirts but I know those will show and look horrible.

                  we just tested this out Firday night and found that medium grey was a good option, but I'm heading to the mall in a bit and will have my eyes open for a light tan (nude) shirt which I think would be the best if I can find it. Granted he's not wearing a linen shirt, but a white dress shirt, but the issue is still the same. I figure if we apply the same rules when selecting a bra under a white shirt then then it should work for our guys too.



                  #1829 JA2012

                  JA2012
                  • Jr. Member
                  • 334 posts

                    Posted 31 March 2013 - 11:10 AM

                    Originally Posted by Kal520 

                    posted this in the now jade thread accidently, meant to post here! Oh well maybe I will get twice the answers now! :)

                     

                    super random question: those of you that have white linen button down shirts for groomsmen, are you planning on them wearing undershirts (t-shirt) or nothing underneath at all, I am the most clueless person when it comes to menswear I think. My fianc© suggested the ribbed cotton undershirts but I know those will show and look horrible.

                    I think men should most definitely wear an undershirt under their dress shirt. I actually think it looks odd if they don't have it on. They may think it will feel hot but in truth it will catch their sweat if they're melting under the hot sun. 



                    #1830 ChocoTaco7568

                    ChocoTaco7568
                    • Member
                    • 955 posts

                      Posted 31 March 2013 - 12:15 PM

                      Quote:

                      Originally Posted by Kal520 
                      I feel like they should be able to do both. Here is my vision: take the underneath part, beneath the scallop lace and make that a sweetheart neckline, and then add back the scallop over it so its like a sheer overlay...I would totally ask about that! I think it will look amazing with the rest of the dress and give it a detail that is unique to only you.

                      This is exactly what I ended up doing because it's the only thing that my lace would permit.  The scalloped edge was not a seperate piece of material, it was the was the edge of lace pattern itself so there was no option to take it off and put it back on. So the placement of the lace remains the same as in the pics, but the construction of the dress is now with a modified sweetheart.  But what I wanted was for the scalloped edge to follow the shape/outline of the sweetheart. We'll see how it looks when I go back and my fingers are crossed. Since I have never seen a single dress finished this way, I'm nervous that it'll look stupid. But my seamstress wanted to try it first before cutting the actual lace, and I trust her vision, but if it doesn't work, we'll just go for the second pic shown.  






                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users