Jump to content

Photo

May 2013 Brides


  • Please log in to reply
2335 replies to this topic

#1791 KDoyle

KDoyle
  • Jr. Member
  • 218 posts

    Posted 26 March 2013 - 11:21 AM

    Originally Posted by Dazeydawl 


    Oh that is a tough one! Both placements are very pretty but I think I would stay at the natural waist, accentuatating the narrowest part of your body is always the most flattering.

    Yay for first fitting! I have mine Monday!

    I have my first fitting tomorrow at 11am ---so nervous and excited!!!!



    #1792 KDoyle

    KDoyle
    • Jr. Member
    • 218 posts

      Posted 26 March 2013 - 11:24 AM

      Originally Posted by khunt29 


      My first fitting isnt until April 9th, but I am hoping to lose another 10lbs before we fly out, I'm already down 20...c'monnnnn!!!!!

      Lol, you sound just like me --I am down 22 right now and need another 18 before flying out! I ordered my dress 2 sizes smaller then I was measured too so I am praying that tomorrow's fitting goes ok --I am SOOOO nervous!!



      #1793 KDoyle

      KDoyle
      • Jr. Member
      • 218 posts

        Posted 26 March 2013 - 11:25 AM

        Check out Michaels --they have great embellishments --I added quite a few to my invites, and other docs that were destination wedding themed :)

        Originally Posted by Dazeydawl 

        Hey ladies can anyone give me some help with my menus. I feel like it needs something at the top but not sure what



        #1794 ChocoTaco7568

        ChocoTaco7568
        • Member
        • 955 posts

          Posted 26 March 2013 - 12:06 PM

           Kudos on the weight loss!  I feel like so many of us have done well with out fitness goals and I'm sure you'll drop the last 10.  I'm down 15lbs since August of last year, and now I'm just trying to tone up. 

               Quote:

          Originally Posted by khunt29 

          My first fitting isnt until April 9th, but I am hoping to lose another 10lbs before we fly out, I'm already down 20...c'monnnnn!!!!!

           

           

          Hmm... a bit of ribbon should do the trick:


          Hey ladies can anyone give me some help with my menus. I feel like it needs something at the top but not sure what

           

           

           

          I Know what you mean, for the first time I'm feeling anxious, this appointment is making everything real

          Quote:

          Originally Posted by Sophia2616 

          Natural waist!

          I had my first fitting last week, it made everything feel like Oh my GOOOSSSHH real!!!

           

           

          Wow 3 fittings, I hope I don't need that becuase I definitely don't have time built-in to support a 3rd fitting. It sounds like your visit to Vancouver was a success.  are you pretty much squared away with decor now?

          Quote:

          Originally Posted by MrsHK 

          I've had two fittings so far, with my final one next week! I'll post some pictures soon. We're in Vancouver right now and head back down to Mexico in a week and a half, with my finished dress in hand. (Plus 4 suitcases of wedding stuff haha)

           

           

             Congrats on the weight loss!  I wish I had went with a smaller dress size, but my consultant talked me out of it.  I guess most brides actually put on weight and don't meet their weight loss goals.  But that doesn't seem to apply to the ladies of BDW!  I order the same size as the sample which was pretty tight, but it zipped up. If I followed my gut, I woudln't need any alterations except for a bustle.  

          Originally Posted by KDoyle 

          Lol, you sound just like me --I am down 22 right now and need another 18 before flying out! I ordered my dress 2 sizes smaller then I was measured too so I am praying that tomorrow's fitting goes ok --I am SOOOO nervous!!



          #1795 Dazeydawl

          Dazeydawl
          • Member
          • 861 posts

            Posted 26 March 2013 - 01:40 PM

            Tova - I really like the way the vows are done on those menus! It's more of just a knot than a how and not overly girly. I can't really tell how it was done though. Maybe ill play with it and try and figure it out

            #1796 ChocoTaco7568

            ChocoTaco7568
            • Member
            • 955 posts

              Posted 26 March 2013 - 02:22 PM

              <insert shrug> I think it may just be looped through.  Give it a try and let me know how you make out.



              #1797 JA2012

              JA2012
              • Jr. Member
              • 334 posts

                Posted 26 March 2013 - 02:28 PM

                Originally Posted by Dazeydawl 

                Tova - I really like the way the vows are done on those menus! It's more of just a knot than a how and not overly girly. I can't really tell how it was done though. Maybe ill play with it and try and figure it out

                Im doing my programs like this and i basically punched 2 holes thru the top and tied the bow thru them and in the front. You may be able to add a cute fake flower or something too or something that goes with your theme. You can get these cute push pins from micheals store also. They're called Brads. Some come with embellishments too.



                #1798 Dazeydawl

                Dazeydawl
                • Member
                • 861 posts

                  Posted 26 March 2013 - 02:30 PM

                  Lol wow just realized that in my previous post 'bow' did not come right once lol. Stupid always writing posts on my phone. Anyways I did try but either my ribbon is too thin or my hole punch is too large. I would like to continue with the same ribbon I've used for everything else but I think it's too stiff might have to switch to a thicker satin like in the pic

                  #1799 JA2012

                  JA2012
                  • Jr. Member
                  • 334 posts

                    Posted 26 March 2013 - 02:31 PM

                    Is this a actual pic of you in the dress? The natural waist does look great. But I'm a fan of the higher waist because for me, Im semi petite but I have an athletic shape and a high bum (lol). So anything on my natural waist makes me look boyish and straight. The higher up waist makes me look curvy. Which is the look i'm aiming for. We have very similar dresses. In fact I am almost certain I almost got this dress. I remember trying it with a belt also.  LUV IT!!

                    Originally Posted by ChocoTaco7568 

                    Soliciting your opinions please...I have my dress fitting this Saturday and I'm trying to figure out what I want to do with my sash.  It full of beads and crystals and very similar to what is shown in the pics but the embellishment will wrap all the way around my body and I want it sewn directly onto the dress so it doesn't shift.  Up until last night, I assumed it would be sewn around the natural waist, but after seeing a recent pic of a mermaid dress with embellishment at the empire waist (Kenneth Pool Romantic), I'm wondering what will look best.   I played around a bit, but I'm torn...Help?!?!

                     

                     

                     



                    #1800 ChocoTaco7568

                    ChocoTaco7568
                    • Member
                    • 955 posts

                      Posted 26 March 2013 - 02:46 PM

                      Quote:

                      Originally Posted by JA2012 

                      Is this a actual pic of you in the dress? The natural waist does look great. But I'm a fan of the higher waist because for me, Im semi petite but I have an athletic shape and a high bum (lol). So anything on my natural waist makes me look boyish and straight. The higher up waist makes me look curvy. Which is the look i'm aiming for. We have very similar dresses. In fact I am almost certain I almost got this dress. I remember trying it with a belt also.  LUV IT!!

                      not me, but it was an easier image to manipulate and our bodies were similar enough and I was curious about converting my dress to a sweetheart. But this is if it helps or changes anyones opinions this is me in the sample back in October.  I assumed people knew it wasn't me since the person in the dress is white and I'm not.  But I'm 5'10" and all legs (torso of someone of is 5'5")






                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users