Jump to content

Photo

May 2013 Brides


  • Please log in to reply
2335 replies to this topic

#1731 casontag

casontag
  • Newbie
  • 50 posts

    Posted 22 March 2013 - 04:21 AM

    I'm in the same boat with all of you. Lol! I have a funny mental picture of us all in a little boat frantically paddling. Pretty sure most of us that still have a ton to do in a couple months are all feeling this way. I'm just ready for the vacation part. Ready for my fun in the sun!

    #1732 casontag

    casontag
    • Newbie
    • 50 posts

      Posted 22 March 2013 - 04:29 AM

      Anyone here have ceremony script advice for me? I'm struggling with the script of the ceremony sounding links we are just starting our new lives together. We have been together 15 years and have two children already. I also want to include our 3 and 4 year olds in the Sand ceremony without making it sound like they aren't ours together. I'm starting to stress out. I didn't realize I would need to do all of this myself!

      #1733 LKocelko

      LKocelko
      • Jr. Member
      • 350 posts

        Posted 22 March 2013 - 04:55 AM

        Originally Posted by Kal520 

        I'll attempt to list all my to do's...I was lazy for a while so I feel behind but I have had a good burst of wedding planning energy lately so let's hope it sticks as I have 60 days from today!

        groomsmen gifts

        finish bridesmaids gifts

        all paper stuff (menus, place cards, welcome letter,etc.)

        music

        vows

        book hair appts

        figure out how to save on flowers

        finish my dumb diy project aisle runner I knew I never should have started!

        figure out something to do instead of a sand ceremony (if anyone has ideas I would love to hear!)

        shot list for photographer

        seating chart

        finalize Mexican wedding cookies order for favors

        marriage license

        take Xanax..... lol

         

        I think that is all! I'm sure there is more that I forgot!


        Some people have done a hand ceremony? It sounds sweet, you can search BDW and find some forums.



        #1734 Dazeydawl

        Dazeydawl
        • Member
        • 861 posts

          Posted 22 March 2013 - 05:35 AM

          So far me and my fianc© are not doing any kind of sand/candle/hand ceremony. Is that something that's necessary? I don't really like the sand or candle ceremonies as keepsakes after and hand I thought was a cultural thing. The only thing we are maybe considering depending on our budget, is our resort offers a tree planting ceremony where you plant a palm tree on the grounds of the resort. Which is perfect for us and the type of people we are but I'm not sure how much that costs yet and if its more than $100 it probably won't happen.

          #1735 CourtandMatt

          CourtandMatt
          • Jr. Member
          • 366 posts

            Posted 22 March 2013 - 06:55 AM

            Originally Posted by Dazeydawl 

            So far me and my fianc© are not doing any kind of sand/candle/hand ceremony. Is that something that's necessary?

            I don't really like the sand or candle ceremonies as keepsakes after and hand I thought was a cultural thing. The only thing we are maybe considering depending on our budget, is our resort offers a tree planting ceremony where you plant a palm tree on the grounds of the resort. Which is perfect for us and the type of people we are but I'm not sure how much that costs yet and if its more than $100 it probably won't happen.

             

            We aren't doing any special ceremonies, besides having a religious (Jewish) ceremony.  It really just depends on who you are.  My sister did a flower ceremony thing and still has the dried flowers.  I just want to stick to the classics. 

             

            Also, I arrive a few hours before you, so I will be missing you at the airport.  Happy wedding though!!   Yay to all of us May 4 brides and May 4 Jamaica brides!



            #1736 Kal520

            Kal520
            • Newbie
            • 104 posts

              Posted 22 March 2013 - 07:36 AM

              Originally Posted by LKocelko 


              Some people have done a hand ceremony? It sounds sweet, you can search BDW and find some forums.

              I have heard of the hand ceremony which I like, and the rings passing around thing which is maybe what I'm leaning towards now, I love love the wine box idea but my fianc© isn't as into wine as I am and bringing a nailed shut box back will probably become an issue.



              #1737 ChocoTaco7568

              ChocoTaco7568
              • Member
              • 955 posts

                Posted 22 March 2013 - 08:47 AM

                Originally Posted by casontag 

                Anyone here have ceremony script advice for me? I'm struggling with the script of the ceremony sounding links we are just starting our new lives together. We have been together 15 years and have two children already. I also want to include our 3 and 4 year olds in the Sand ceremony without making it sound like they aren't ours together. I'm starting to stress out. I didn't realize I would need to do all of this myself!

                I purchased the wedding ceremony planner which was very helpful when drafting our script.  It has sample verbiage for various ceremony styles and scenarios: family oriented, religious, symbloic etc. you can probably buy a pretty cheap used copy of of amazon.  There were definitely things in this book that i couldn't find on the internet, so it was a nice reference to have.  

                http://www.amazon.co...UTF8&me==



                #1738 Dazeydawl

                Dazeydawl
                • Member
                • 861 posts

                  Posted 22 March 2013 - 09:07 AM

                  We aren't doing any special ceremonies, besides having a religious (Jewish) ceremony.  It really just depends on who you are.  My sister did a flower ceremony thing and still has the dried flowers.  I just want to stick to the classics.  Also, I arrive a few hours before you, so I will be missing you at the airport.  Happy wedding though!!   Yay to all of us May 4 brides and May 4 Jamaica brides!

                  I have a friend arriving at around 9am who's hanging out at the airport till I get there cause she's arriving alone lol. Maybe you'll see her lol

                  #1739 JA2012

                  JA2012
                  • Jr. Member
                  • 334 posts

                    Posted 22 March 2013 - 09:09 AM

                    I was reviewing a thread yesterday where people posted their ceremony scripts. Even vows were posted. Was a great thread. And yes it even had the hand ceremony in there.

                    Search Post Ceremony script and I'm sure it will pop up. 



                    #1740 JA2012

                    JA2012
                    • Jr. Member
                    • 334 posts

                      Posted 22 March 2013 - 09:10 AM

                      I'm doing a sand ceremony but I actually have no intention of keeping a pile of sand in my house so not sure it will even make it off the property at the end of the night. LOL..shhhh! Don't tell anyone. I just want something extra to fill up my ceremony and it adds a nice little touch where I can include someone else in the ceremony as I won't have the officiant do it. 






                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users