Jump to content

Photo

May 2013 Brides


  • Please log in to reply
2335 replies to this topic

#1631 jnitschke

jnitschke
  • Jr. Member
  • 251 posts

    Posted 08 March 2013 - 11:35 AM

    Ok... so the final count is in... and I only have... sniff... 10 guests... sigh... I need some suggestions of fun things to do, to keep things interesting with such a small group.

     

    oh, and I'm going to share somethings I just found... since they seem good for any size group.

     

    Reverse couple kiss -

    This is a fun twist on the tradition of the bride and groom exchanging a kiss when the guests
    clink their glasses. Give your DJ a list of couples in attendance who will be "spot lighted" and instructed that they must first demonstrate a proper kiss before the bride and groom take their turn.
     
    Pearls of wisdom-
    Before you arrive, have your guests write words of
    advice to the two of you.
    Example: "As you are waiting for the bride and groom to arrive, please take a moment and think about w
    hat advice you would give them as newlyweds. What will help them keep their love alive and strong and have a happy life together.
    Write your pearls of wisdom on the lines below and
    place them on the DJs table. Throughout the evening
    he will stop the music and take a moment to read a couple at a time. Your name is optional though it would be nice to know who it comes from. Humorous or sentimental it’s your choice!"
     
    -----------------I would really love any ideas you girls have been tossing around..


    #1632 KDoyle

    KDoyle
    • Jr. Member
    • 218 posts

      Posted 08 March 2013 - 06:32 PM

      Originally Posted by abbacaddaba 

      Hey ladies! After reading everyone elses to do lists I feel a little better! It seems I'm not the only one that doesn't have the grooms attire yet. :) Here is my to do list. I plan to have the big things tackled by the end of march. :)

       

      Earrings

      Fiances Ring

      Groomsmen/Groom Attire

      Flowers for Bridesmaids (Fake & doubling as centerpieces)

      Figure out my hair/make up arrangements

      Sand Ceremony shadow box purchase

      Ceremony readings/vows

      Cake topper

      Welcome Letter

      DJ song request sheet

      Menu

       

      Cant wait for it to be here and be done with planning! I'm ready to just be married already and party with everyone in Cancun. We had a two year engagement so maybe that's why i feel this way? Anywho happy planning everyone :)

      LOL, I am in the same position, I still have everything you have left to do and then some!!! I actually felt like I was reading my list of To Do's --so thank you for putting my mind at ease! LOL...and trust me I've had such a short engagement ---only got engaged Nov 16th but I am DYING for the planning to be over and to be there already partying with everyone!!! hahahaha so I'm thinking that's pretty much all of us when you get so close to the end...I'm just tired of it taking up all my thoughts and waking spare moment LOL



      #1633 KDoyle

      KDoyle
      • Jr. Member
      • 218 posts

        Posted 08 March 2013 - 06:41 PM

        Originally Posted by MrsHK 

        I don't know what the etiquette is, or if there even is one. It depends on your Dad I guess. Would it be really important to him to choose the song himself, or would he just want you to do whatever you want to do? Or would he want to choose one with you?

         

        In my opinion wedding etiquette in general takes a backseat to whatever makes you and your fiance happy. Hopefully as long as the two of you are happy, your family and friends will be happy too. Who cares what other people have done in the past or what Miss Manners says? This is the celebration the love you two share for each other and it should be whatever you want it to be! 

         

        We're also having my FI dance with his Mom while I dance with my Dad. We'll transition to those dances right after our first dance as husband and wife. 

        MrsHK...man do I wish you could give the speel to my FI sister and family :P Apparently people have lost sight of the fact that this is our wedding....it's honestly ridiculous how people make it all about them, or feel they should have a say  ....Thanks for the reassurance ---even if you were giving it to another Bride it helps me to remember that I shouldn't care so much about what others feel (FI sister stopped talking to us and turned down every invite with respect to the wedding...my shower, Jack & Jill etc..) ..his entire family isn't coming to the wedding which is a hard pill to swallow. Disappointing to say the least. Sometimes I wish I wasn't such a people pleaser ...it make planning this wedding alot easier LOL



        #1634 melnryluvco

        melnryluvco
        • Jr. Member
        • 340 posts

          Posted 09 March 2013 - 02:30 PM

          Hello lovelies,

          So I have some awesome news to share with you. My fiance Ryan and I just won a dream wedding from Colorado's Best TV. We are so thrilled and elated!!! This is beyond our wildest dreams. Needless, to say we will now be having a wedding in CO instead of Mexico. I just wanted to let you know that you probably won't be seeing me as much on the boards. I promise I will check in to see how things are going for you all and of course all those beautiful wedding pics. Thank you all for your love, support, and advice over the last year. A part of me will be jealous of all your pretty beach wedding pics.

          Best,

          Melissa

           

           

          https://www.facebook...!/coloradosbest

           

           

           



          #1635 Dazeydawl

          Dazeydawl
          • Member
          • 861 posts

            Posted 09 March 2013 - 04:28 PM

            Hello lovelies, So I have some awesome news to share with you. My fiance Ryan and I just won a dream wedding from Colorado's Best TV. We are so thrilled and elated!!! This is beyond our wildest dreams. Needless, to say we will now be having a wedding in CO instead of Mexico. I just wanted to let you know that you probably won't be seeing me as much on the boards. I promise I will check in to see how things are going for you all and of course all those beautiful wedding pics. Thank you all for your love, support, and advice over the last year. A part of me will be jealous of all your pretty beach wedding pics. Best, Melissa https://www.facebook...!/coloradosbest

            Oh my gosh!!!!!! Congrats!!!!!! That is so amazing how lucky!!!! Does that mean your wedding is going to be put off for a bit and you are no longer a may bride???? I'm sure your guests are crazy happy for you but how does that work with the resort? Does everyone lose their deposits or are guests still planning on going just for a vacation?

            #1636 Dazeydawl

            Dazeydawl
            • Member
            • 861 posts

              Posted 09 March 2013 - 04:29 PM

              Oh and just because you are no longer a destination bride you still must come here and show us pics of your dream wedding!!!!!

              #1637 Dazeydawl

              Dazeydawl
              • Member
              • 861 posts

                Posted 09 March 2013 - 04:53 PM

                Originally Posted by MrsHK 

                Here's a fun question! What's everyone doing for their first dance song and father/daughter & mother/son dances? 

                 

                We've decided on As Time Goes By by Dooley Wilson, the song from Casablanca which is one of our favourite movies. For the dance with our parents we'll use a Van Morrison song since we both grew up listening to him and have great memories of listening to his songs. We also saw him in concert for our one year anniversary at the Gorge in Washington which was amazing! Not sure what song yet, we're still deciding between a few.

                 

                We're still working on the rest of the songs too - what to play while everyone gets seated, the walk down the aisle song, ceremony music, dinner music and party time music. We're using our iPod so we're doing the music from the 5pm ceremony until 1am. We have a partial list put together but we need to sit down with a bottle of wine soon and sort out the rest. We have a mariachi for the cocktail hour so that's covered!


                Ahh this has totally been one of the hardest things for us to decide. some of the songs that we have been contemplating so far (but have no idea where yet) are....

                 

                Your Song - elton john

                harvest moon - neil young

                crazy love - van morrison

                whistle for the choir - the fratellis

                offering - the avett brothers

                forever young - either bob dylan or the band version (this would obviously be father/daughter mother/son dance)

                thousand years - christina perri ( i hate twilight but love this song so its been a love/hate relationship lol )

                unchained melody - probably willie nelson version

                indian summer - the doors



                #1638 chrystine888

                chrystine888
                • Newbie
                • 93 posts

                  Posted 09 March 2013 - 05:52 PM

                  Originally Posted by MrsHK 

                  Here's a fun question! What's everyone doing for their first dance song and father/daughter & mother/son dances? 

                   

                  We've decided on As Time Goes By by Dooley Wilson, the song from Casablanca which is one of our favourite movies. For the dance with our parents we'll use a Van Morrison song since we both grew up listening to him and have great memories of listening to his songs. We also saw him in concert for our one year anniversary at the Gorge in Washington which was amazing! Not sure what song yet, we're still deciding between a few.

                   

                  We're still working on the rest of the songs too - what to play while everyone gets seated, the walk down the aisle song, ceremony music, dinner music and party time music. We're using our iPod so we're doing the music from the 5pm ceremony until 1am. We have a partial list put together but we need to sit down with a bottle of wine soon and sort out the rest. We have a mariachi for the cocktail hour so that's covered!

                  LOVE Van Morrison!  We are having "Tupelo Honey" for our first dance, and immediately after, "Into the Mystic" to have everyone else join in :-)



                  #1639 melnryluvco

                  melnryluvco
                  • Jr. Member
                  • 340 posts

                    Posted 10 March 2013 - 12:00 PM

                    Originally Posted by Dazeydawl View Post

                    Oh and just because you are no longer a destination bride you still must come here and show us pics of your dream wedding!!!!!

                    We'll be getting married June 30. That was the set date for the prize package. It's only a month after we were originally going to be married. Some of our guests have paid in full so we decided rather than "paying them off" to get out of the trip that'll we do a group pre-wedding trip and just not get married down there. The guests with deposits down will get everything but $45 back. We are still trying to take in all this luck!!!



                    #1640 MrsHK

                    MrsHK
                    • Vendor
                    • 317 posts
                    • Wedding Date:May 22, 2013
                    • Wedding Location:Cabañas Tulum & The Beach Hotel | Tulum, Mexico
                    • LocationFrom Vancouver, BC | Living in Playa Del Carmen, Mexico

                    Posted 10 March 2013 - 05:19 PM

                    Originally Posted by KDoyle 

                    MrsHK...man do I wish you could give the speel to my FI sister and family :P Apparently people have lost sight of the fact that this is our wedding....it's honestly ridiculous how people make it all about them, or feel they should have a say  ....Thanks for the reassurance ---even if you were giving it to another Bride it helps me to remember that I shouldn't care so much about what others feel (FI sister stopped talking to us and turned down every invite with respect to the wedding...my shower, Jack & Jill etc..) ..his entire family isn't coming to the wedding which is a hard pill to swallow. Disappointing to say the least. Sometimes I wish I wasn't such a people pleaser ...it make planning this wedding alot easier LOL

                    I'm so sorry that his family is acting like that! That's so upsetting, and makes no sense. Well at least you have your family and all your friends there to support you. It's a shame that his family is missing out on all the happiness and celebrations. It seems like it's best that way though, so that you won't have anyone bringing you down on your day. I have to keep reminding myself that I'm not a travel agent trying to plan the perfect vacation for 75 different people, and that everyone are adults and know how to keep themselves entertained!


                    Are you interested in an affordable decor rental in the Mayan Riviera, Mexico? Send me a message! Most of the items I have are a rustic, vintage style.

                    And the Next Day, We Were Married: http://www.luckygirl...mikee-e-session
                    Our Tulum Wedding - Parte Uno: http://www.luckygirl...iesta-parte-uno
                    Our Tulum Wedding - Parte Dos: http://www.luckygirl...iesta-parte-dos

                    Tulum Wedding Video: http://loveandrum.co...o-katy-mikee-hk
                    Anniversary! One Year Later: http://www.luckygirl...lladolid-mexico




                    0 user(s) are reading this topic

                    0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users