Jump to content

Photo

May 2013 Brides


  • Please log in to reply
2335 replies to this topic

#1431 Dazeydawl

Dazeydawl
  • Member
  • 861 posts

    Posted 03 February 2013 - 10:08 AM

    Hey may brides!!! I posted this in another thread but I would love to get your perspective. First is it customary to buy a gift for your flower girl and ring bearer if you have one? Second I have four kids coming to my wedding. Brother and sister (aged 7,5) my niece being our flower girl. And then brother and brother (aged 6,4) the 4 year old beinging our ring bearer. I would love to get our flower girl and ring bearer a gift as they are part of the wedding party. But then I know I should buy the other two as well as they would be upset if they didn't get anything. But then it starts getting expensive as I don't want to get them something small like a toy (I have already picked out a pandora shambala bracelet for our flower girl if we get gifts) I have no idea what do to as I'm torn between what I should do and what their parents migh be expecting and of course the money factor as we and running really tight and still have so much left. And also flower girl is easy to buy for but I have no idea what to get 3 little boys that is nice and they wouldn't wreck but still love.

    #1432 melnryluvco

    melnryluvco
    • Jr. Member
    • 340 posts

      Posted 03 February 2013 - 05:27 PM

      Originally Posted by Dazeydawl 

      Hey may brides!!! I posted this in another thread but I would love to get your perspective.

      First is it customary to buy a gift for your flower girl and ring bearer if you have one?

      Second I have four kids coming to my wedding. Brother and sister (aged 7,5) my niece being our flower girl. And then brother and brother (aged 6,4) the 4 year old beinging our ring bearer. I would love to get our flower girl and ring bearer a gift as they are part of the wedding party. But then I know I should buy the other two as well as they would be upset if they didn't get anything. But then it starts getting expensive as I don't want to get them something small like a toy (I have already picked out a pandora shambala bracelet for our flower girl if we get gifts) I have no idea what do to as I'm torn between what I should do and what their parents migh be expecting and of course the money factor as we and running really tight and still have so much left. And also flower girl is easy to buy for but I have no idea what to get 3 little boys that is nice and they wouldn't wreck but still love.

      They have some super cute and inexpensive ideas for the kiddos on the Oriental Trading Company. They have both flowergirl/ring bearer stuff as well as stuff for kids that attend the wedding. Good luck!



      #1433 MissyBee

      MissyBee
      • Jr. Member
      • 176 posts

        Posted 04 February 2013 - 07:53 AM

        For those of you who are doing long tables, are you using table numbers? Or putting the guest's name at each place setting?



        #1434 ChocoTaco7568

        ChocoTaco7568
        • Member
        • 955 posts

          Posted 04 February 2013 - 07:58 AM

          Quote:

          Originally Posted by MissyBee 

          For those of you who are doing long tables, are you using table numbers? Or putting the guest's name at each place setting?

          No and yes respectively. 



          #1435 KristieT

          KristieT
          • Jr. Member
          • 430 posts

            Posted 04 February 2013 - 11:42 AM

            Hi Ladies,

             

            I bought some white boxes to mail out my "pre travel packages" in. The smallest quanity i could purchase was 50. I only need 20. I am selling the boxes for $1.50 each. Let me know if you are interested.

             

             



            #1436 cinnagirl

            cinnagirl
            • Jr. Member
            • 261 posts

              Posted 04 February 2013 - 04:23 PM

              Originally Posted by MissyBee 

              For those of you who are doing long tables, are you using table numbers? Or putting the guest's name at each place setting?

              We're putting the guest's names at each place setting. 



              #1437 melnryluvco

              melnryluvco
              • Jr. Member
              • 340 posts

                Posted 04 February 2013 - 04:56 PM

                Originally Posted by Dazeydawl 

                Definately some good choices. I'm some what stuck in the are as well. I do have some picked out but no idea where I'm using them yet.

                Harvest moon - Neil young
                Your song - Elton John
                Thousand years- Christina Perri
                The offering - the avett brothers
                Whistle for the choir - the frattelis
                Crazy love - van Morrison
                Signed sealed delivered - Stevie wonder
                Marry you - Bruno mars

                And so far that's it

                Great Horses of Zeus I just listened to The Offering....LOVE!!! Thanks!!!



                #1438 MSPOKRAN

                MSPOKRAN
                • Site Supporter
                • 88 posts

                  Posted 04 February 2013 - 06:52 PM

                  Ladies- somewhere I saw a really detailed schedule of activities attachement for the wedding day which someone posted. Does anyone have this? I am wanting to start on the details and have an example to follow. I cant find it anywhere!! It's only 104 days!



                  #1439 melnryluvco

                  melnryluvco
                  • Jr. Member
                  • 340 posts

                    Posted 04 February 2013 - 09:41 PM

                    Originally Posted by MSPOKRAN 

                    Ladies- somewhere I saw a really detailed schedule of activities attachement for the wedding day which someone posted. Does anyone have this? I am wanting to start on the details and have an example to follow. I cant find it anywhere!! It's only 104 days!

                    I know they have that kind of stuff on Pinterest but if someone has advice that's been there done that I'd be interested as well. I want to find the balance between having just enough time to get ready but a lot of that depends on the resort



                    #1440 MrsHK

                    MrsHK
                    • Vendor
                    • 317 posts
                    • Wedding Date:May 22, 2013
                    • Wedding Location:Cabañas Tulum & The Beach Hotel | Tulum, Mexico
                    • LocationFrom Vancouver, BC | Living in Playa Del Carmen, Mexico

                    Posted 05 February 2013 - 10:33 AM

                    Hi ladies! I'm a May 2013 bride and just came across this thread recently! I went back to the very beginning and read through all the posts (all 143 pages hehe) and am very happy to have found you guys! There's so much support in this forum and this thread.

                     

                    My fiance and I were engaged 2 years ago on New Year's Eve and moved down to Playa Del Carmen one year ago. We held off on the wedding planning until we were all moved down here and settled. We work online and basically just relocated the home office! If anyone has any questions about the area I'm happy to answer them as I've been lucky enough to explore the area over the last year.

                     

                    Our wedding is on May 22nd and we are having it at El Bistro Ziggy Beach in Tulum. All of our guests are staying at Caba±as Tulum and their sister hotel that is opening this week, The Beach. Both hotels used to be one but they are separating the higher end boutique side and naming it The Beach. So far we have 70 people booked with 10 more that are maybes! We were expecting 50 people to come and we are so very happy that many more people have decided to come join us in paradise!

                     

                    Happy planning ladies, and congrats to you all on your upcoming weddings! :)

                    -Katy HK


                    Are you interested in an affordable decor rental in the Mayan Riviera, Mexico? Send me a message! Most of the items I have are a rustic, vintage style.

                    And the Next Day, We Were Married: http://www.luckygirl...mikee-e-session
                    Our Tulum Wedding - Parte Uno: http://www.luckygirl...iesta-parte-uno
                    Our Tulum Wedding - Parte Dos: http://www.luckygirl...iesta-parte-dos

                    Tulum Wedding Video: http://loveandrum.co...o-katy-mikee-hk
                    Anniversary! One Year Later: http://www.luckygirl...lladolid-mexico




                    0 user(s) are reading this topic

                    0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users