Photo

May 2013 Brides

• Please log in to reply
2335 replies to this topic

#1361 Sophia2616

Sophia2616
  • 143 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 08:32 AM

We are getting married on May 4th and getting the license on 3/26 (we have to wait 72 hours, and then it expires on 4/26) so we will go to Town Hall on 4/19.

#1362 ChocoTaco7568

ChocoTaco7568
    • 955 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danak71 

Not sure about your resort, but at Excellence, you can have a symbolic ceremony whether you've gotten legally married already or not. There are some brides that get married symbolically at the resort and then take care of the legal part when they return home. It's all a matter of preference. Since there's nothing legally binding, as far as the resort is concerned, they don't care either way.

Quote:

Originally Posted by PuntaBride 

Is anyone doing symbolic ceremonies?  I'm just wondering what your time line is like for doing the legal ceremony before you leave for your trip?  How close are you leaving it?

We're actually getting married after our destination wedding.  We return to the States on Sunday 02/26 and handling the legalites on 02/28. We both return to work on 02/29.

#1363 ChocoTaco7568

ChocoTaco7568
      • 955 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dazeydawl 

I honestly think it will work beautifully together and be very unique!! I couldn't really find any pics of those three together but i did find this one palette of different shades of pink including both fuchsia and coral. As far as grey/silver goes, it's a neutral and can be thrown into any color palette. The fuchsia and coral colors are both very warm and grey typically a cool color so it will add some nice balance

Decor help needed:

I was planning on having a fuschia and silver wedding. Went BM dress shopping and of course the dress we decided on is more coral/peach than fuchsia (heck, it's not fuschia at all). My question is now, can anyone suggest ways of how I can still incorporate the grey and fuschia with the coral? Has anyone seen photos of how this could work? Do I need to eliminate something? I can't find any images online and haven't actually seen this done before. But I already bought the decor and don't want to return/exchange or buy more if not necessary. My brain is currently on overload. Any suggestions are much appreciated.

Thanks.

I completely agree with Ali, and think the inspiration board she posted is beautiful.  I actually had the same issue when selecting my MOH dress which resulted in changing my color scheme from sangria and chartreuse to a medley of purples with a hint/accent of chartreuse.  I think it's for the better and it has actually made my planning and coordination of decor much easier.

#1364 KristieT

KristieT
        • 430 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 11:41 AM

I agree, I think Fuschia, grey and coral will look great together! I am doing yellow, coral and grey!

#1365 KristieT

KristieT
          • 430 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 11:42 AM

What is eveyone doing for a guestbook?! I really like the "message in a bottle" but don't want to have to bring glass bottles with me.. And I am way to picky to rent some without knowing what they look like. I cant seem to get a straight answer from Zuinga on the cost of size shape of bottles they have available.

#1366 mrsreimonenq

mrsreimonenq
            • 33 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 01:18 PM

We're doing individual guest advice cards (with our name and wedding date personalized), placed in front of each guests plate. Then have a dropbox near the cake table. Later on I plan to put them all in a guest book...this eliminates having to lug a guest book on the plane lol!

#1367 danak71

danak71
              • Site Supporter
              • 264 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by ChocoTaco7568 

Quote:

Quote:

We're actually getting married after our destination wedding.  We return to the States on Sunday 02/26 and handling the legalites on 02/28. We both return to work on 02/29.

Tova did you change your wedding date to next month?

#1368 ChocoTaco7568

ChocoTaco7568
                • 955 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danak71 

Tova did you change your wedding date to next month?

I'm starting to think that I have fat fingers or my nails are too lnog and getting in the way. I need to pay more attention when posting from my phone...I'm still a May bride. 

Correction to dates - We return to the States on Sunday 05/26 and handling the legalites on 05/28. We both return to work on 05/29

#1369 PuntaBride

PuntaBride
                  • 313 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 03:39 PM

Originally Posted by KristieT 

What is eveyone doing for a guestbook?! I really like the "message in a bottle" but don't want to have to bring glass bottles with me.. And I am way to picky to rent some without knowing what they look like. I cant seem to get a straight answer from Zuinga on the cost of size shape of bottles they have available.

I just got my wedding guest book from shutterfly.com shipped a week ago.

I made a photo book (hard cover) with all of our engagement photos and it turned out SO nice!  There are pages where guests can sign (cute things like ... where do you see the couple in five years?, mad-libs to fill in ... etc.).  I highly recommend it!e 

#1370 uhura526

uhura526
                    • 330 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 05:18 PM

Originally Posted by PuntaBride 

I just got my wedding guest book from shutterfly.com shipped a week ago.

I made a photo book (hard cover) with all of our engagement photos and it turned out SO nice!  There are pages where guests can sign (cute things like ... where do you see the couple in five years?, mad-libs to fill in ... etc.).  I highly recommend it!e 

I did that too!  The quality is really nice and it was a nice way to get our engagement photos into a book form too. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users