Photo

May 2013 Brides

• Please log in to reply
2335 replies to this topic

#1341 jnitschke

jnitschke
  • 251 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 01:46 PM

The thing is that those take up space, and would people really use them in the resort?  I want to make sure that I don't buy one of those wedding things that you get and then never use... or worse just throw away...

thoughts anyone.... any other good items out there for OOT bags that were really useful?

I'm thinking maybe some of those little battery powered fans...

Originally Posted by ChocoTaco7568 

AllieH purchased these for her OOT bags and loved them. They even survived a few cycles in the dishwasher. She also bought special water resistant labels.  I honestly don't think you can beat the price.

Originally Posted by LKocelko 

Unless you have 150 posts you wont' be able to open, I'd need your email, if you want to PM it to me. Thanks!

I'm getting soooo close to that 150... I'm at 124... well this one makes 125 I guess...

#1342 jnitschke

jnitschke
    • 251 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 01:49 PM

Originally Posted by melnryluvco 

Did you see that there is a Goupon for the lighted Chinese laterns as well?? $50 worth of laterns for $25.

http://www.groupon.c..._occasions_deal

I wanted to do these sooooo badly.. but our resort won't let us since there are palapas everywhere ... :(

#1343 jnitschke

jnitschke
      • 251 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 01:55 PM

Well ... we're having an AHR but my MIL offered to cover the cost and throw it in her backyard since our "Rehearsal Dinner" is covered by the resort.. plus I think this gives her the ability to do all the planning stuff she really wants w/o saying no to my Destination Wedding ideas... essentially we're both getting what we want this way.  She gets the party for her family with all the stuff she wants... and I get the BEACH!!!  Not to mention that she's just all around super anyway.  Plus, this has turned out really good too, because I have some family now that can't go to Mexico and they wanted to do something back here in the states too. 

Originally Posted by PuntaBride 

Anyone doing an after the wedding reception??? I was originally not thinking about this .... but now I am.  Worried about cost.

#1344 CourtandMatt

CourtandMatt
        • 366 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 02:53 PM

I just bought mine from justartifacts.com They were $1.68 each for the 100% biodegradable wire free ones. Which I think is cheaper than the groupon deal

Just artifacts is actually cheaper than the Groupon. I looked this up as well. And just artifacts has the actual biodegradable kind. Make sure to look for wire free sky lanterns! The wire ones don't break up for about 9 months and if eaten by animals, it can kill them.

#1345 allieplask

allieplask
          • 177 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 07:54 AM

are you bringing the lanterns in your checked luggage on the plane?  the more i read from the airlines, it says no chinese lanterns.  i don't want them to get taken....

Originally Posted by Dazeydawl 

I just bought mine from justartifacts.com
            They were $1.68 each for the 100% biodegradable wire free ones. Which I think is cheaper than the groupon deal

wedding website: www.allienick.com

#1346 Dazeydawl

Dazeydawl
            • 861 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 08:08 AM

Originally Posted by allieplask 

are you bringing the lanterns in your checked luggage on the plane?  the more i read from the airlines, it says no chinese lanterns.  i don't want them to get taken....

ya i am bringing  them in checked baggage, I havent seen anything that says no chinese lanterns.. but im in canada adn i havent actually really looked.

#1347 ChocoTaco7568

ChocoTaco7568
              • 955 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by allieplask 

I haven't heard of this being an issue and know specifically of 5 brides in the past 6 months who have traveled w/ them without issue. Is there really verbiage in the airline policy specific to Chinese/paper lanterns? Due you mind if I ask who you're flying with?

#1348 Dazeydawl

Dazeydawl
                • 861 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 08:23 AM

lol ya now im a little scared... i checked the website, didnt see anything specifically about lanterns, but idid notice you can't bring matches..... how am i supposed to light my lanterns???

#1349 ChocoTaco7568

ChocoTaco7568
                  • 955 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dazeydawl 

lol ya now im a little scared... i checked the website, didnt see anything specifically about lanterns, but idid notice you can't bring matches..... how am i supposed to light my lanterns???

Why cant you source matches or a lighter in Jamaica?

#1350 Dazeydawl

Dazeydawl
                    • 861 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 09:01 AM

Quote: Why cant you source matches or a lighter in Jamaica?

Lol oh im sure I can it just means I can't do customized matches like I wanted to do. Oh well. One less DIY project :( just working on my Chapstick now

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users