May 2013 Brides

• Please log in to reply
2335 replies to this topic

#1331 QuintanaV

QuintanaV
  • 76 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 10:05 PM

Originally Posted by LKocelko 

Thanks, I'm also inept and don't have the patience. I just found some on Etsy I liked, showed him, and asked him to replicate :) If anyone wants me to send it to them as a template, let me know! I'm more than happy to and have already done so for many of my fellow El Dorado brides.

I would love to have your template for the itinerary you made! I am thinking about making something similar to hang on the doors of each guest to welcome them and keep them in the loop :)

#1332 trivera5521

trivera5521
    • 470 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 04:38 AM

We are doing an AHR for 125 people. We are traveling from 5/16-5/23 and our AHR is 6/15 which is way too close. Big mistake on my part as I feel a bit stressed thinking we have such little time to finish last minute things up for the CT celebration. 90% needs to be done before we leave for DR. Biggest piece of advice....give yourself enough time from the time you return until the AHR!

#1333 uhura526

uhura526
      • 330 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 05:23 AM

Ladies, here's the latest Groupon for Vistaprint in case you need it.  $12 for $48 worth of stuff http://www.groupon.c..._occasions_deal

#1334 LKocelko

LKocelko
        • 350 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 05:55 AM

Originally Posted by QuintanaV 

I would love to have your template for the itinerary you made! I am thinking about making something similar to hang on the doors of each guest to welcome them and keep them in the loop :)

Just send me your email, you'd have to have 150 posts to open it on here. I can send the PDF and publisher version.

#1335 LKocelko

LKocelko
          • 350 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 05:57 AM

We are having an AHR, but I use that term loosley. We are only inviting siblings and parents to the wedding (he has 6 siblings, I have 4...) so we're keeping it very small. That being said, we each have large extended family and friends that want to celebrate. So two months after our DW, we're going to have something here. We found a restaurant (John Barleycorn) that had a really reasonable brunch option - $16 per person. So it's not a real "reception" in that we won't have dancing and whatnot, it will be a lot more casual. More a celebration of the wedding. We'll have our pictures by then, so we'll use their AV equipment to have these going throughout the even for everyone that wasn't there.

#1336 SamIAm85

SamIAm85
            • 30 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 09:37 AM

We are doing an At Home Reception aka Party at my parents house in June.   My parents are paying for our wedding in Mexico and my Fiance and I are paying for our AHR.  Ours will also be more casual and a celebration of the wedding.  We will have a taco and nacho bar with other munchies and lots of Mexican drinks.  A good baker friend of mine will be making our wedding cake and other desserts.  I think it would be fun to have a pinata for the kids and I would love to have a photo booth.  We will display some of our wedding photos, but mostly we just want to celebrate with our friends and family. 

#1337 melnryluvco

melnryluvco
              • 340 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 12:18 PM

Originally Posted by uhura526 

Ladies, here's the latest Groupon for Vistaprint in case you need it.  $12 for $48 worth of stuff http://www.groupon.com/deals/vista-print-39?p=11&utm_source=channel_occasions_VD1-deals&utm_medium=email&sid=f8fbaca9-f5e0-45ba-8607-445437ad5f8d&division=washington-dc&user=05d2b86e956e769b05a05ee1f3568cc7f61604a23b973e530cc7b907d9d88817&date=20130124&s=body&c=button&d=groupon_occasions_deal

Did you see that there is a Goupon for the lighted Chinese laterns as well?? $50 worth of laterns for $25.

http://www.groupon.c..._occasions_deal

#1338 uhura526

uhura526
                • 330 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 12:51 PM

Originally Posted by melnryluvco 

Did you see that there is a Goupon for the lighted Chinese laterns as well?? $50 worth of laterns for $25.

http://www.groupon.c..._occasions_deal

I did see that. I'm not doing that at my wedding, but I'm sure other brides might also be interested though!

#1339 Dazeydawl

Dazeydawl
                  • 861 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 12:56 PM

I just bought mine from justartifacts.com They were $1.68 each for the 100% biodegradable wire free ones. Which I think is cheaper than the groupon deal

#1340 jnitschke

jnitschke
                    • 251 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 01:44 PM

Originally Posted by LKocelko 

Unless you have 150 posts you wont' be able to open, I'd need your email, if you want to PM it to me. Thanks!

I'm getting soooo close to that 150... I'm at 124... well this one makes 125 I guess...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users