2335 replies to this topic

#1301 KristieT

KristieT
  • 430 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 08:04 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by KristieT View Post

OK Ladies- I need your help.

I ordered a dress from Wonderxue of Etsy for my Trash the Dress dress.

I gave her these photos:

This was to be the top:

This to be the bottom:

All organza with a white sash and white flower

I asked if it was possible to make it a slight mermaid a little fitted through the hips, after some back and forth i decided to NOT do the fitted as I was nervous her making it without a picture AND i thought it would be better to be flowy for my underwater photoshoot.

I just recieved her photos on the almost finished dress (Missing flower)

Here they are:

As you can see it is defineately a MERMAID Style!!

Although i dont mind the dress at all- I am worried it will be too constricting for the underwater photo shoot?!

So do i ask her to fix it risking it what might happen to the quality or do i leave it as is?

So torn...

And for those of you who are wondering the dress cost $220 USD

Suggestions on what to do as well as anyother changes alterations I may be missing would be greatly apprecated!

Thanks all!

Here is an update to my last post!. I did ask the seamstress to take out the dress a little bit so it wasnt so "mermaid" and she has shipped me the dress, here it is:

Sorry for the photo quality they were taken on my blackberry! The dress is wrinkled from the shipping but you get the idea.

The dress fits like a glove ( a little big in the chest) but I will get it taken in.

$220 plus $30shipping and  $20 duty = $270

The dress is made wonderfully,  it has boning and bra cups sewn in!

Very impresssed and happy and would absoluetly recomment Wonderxue for anyone looking to have a dress made!

Attached Files

#1302 Sophia2616

Sophia2616
    • 143 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 08:54 AM

I love it!! Its perfect.

#1303 jnitschke

jnitschke
      • 251 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 08:55 AM

Originally Posted by JA2012 

Oriental Trading has something like a 10pk of natural colour parasols for $30. Check their website. I got my parasols from Justartifacts.com. They're an american co. If you're in Ontario, you can have them shipped to a warehouse in buffalo and then pick up yourself. I can let you know the warehouse name later. But that's what I did...ordered A LOT of stuff online from the USA and will pickup at the border. Cheaper and easier and I always love an excuse to do some buffalo shopping. 

Thanks... I actually live in DC... but I was a Syracuse native.. and I agree Buffalo is a great place to spend the day... lots of good friends are from there.

#1304 jnitschke

jnitschke
        • 251 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 08:59 AM

Beautiful.. and you're way braver than I am... however you also spent WAY less money than I did... so that's a win win for you I'm sure.

Originally Posted by KristieT 

Here is an update to my last post!. I did ask the seamstress to take out the dress a little bit so it wasnt so "mermaid" and she has shipped me the dress, here it is:

Sorry for the photo quality they were taken on my blackberry! The dress is wrinkled from the shipping but you get the idea.

The dress fits like a glove ( a little big in the chest) but I will get it taken in.

Very impresssed and happy and would absoluetly recomment Wonderxue for anyone looking to have a dress made!

#1305 Sophia2616

Sophia2616
          • 143 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 09:04 AM

Originally Posted by jnitschke 

Thanks... I actually live in DC... but I was a Syracuse native.. and I agree Buffalo is a great place to spend the day... lots of good friends are from there.

My fiance is a Syracuse native!

#1306 cherany

cherany
            • 234 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 09:54 AM

Originally Posted by chrystine888 

GREAT!  I just ordered them!  Thank you SOOOO much!!!!!  :-D  I think that was the last thing I needed for the finishing touch on my wedding day attire!!!

YAY, glad to be of help! 

#1307 KristieT

KristieT
              • 430 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 11:48 AM

Originally Posted by jnitschke 

Beautiful.. and you're way braver than I am... however you also spent WAY less money than I did... so that's a win win for you I'm sure.

Oh thanks! Since it is my Trash the Dress Dress i really didnt want to spend alot! i am so happy it worked out!

#1308 casontag

casontag
                • 50 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 06:38 PM

It turned out beautifully! I have my first fitting tomorrow! I'm so ready!

#1309 chrystine888

chrystine888
                  • 93 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 06:51 AM

Originally Posted by KristieT 

SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!!  This is absolutely gorgeous!!!  I had an absolute NIGHTMARE trying to find a TTD dress.  I found a company that makes "knockoffs" of my dress (bridalshopa.com).  The dress was HORRIBLE!!!!!!  There is supposed to be a perfect X in the back with the straps; the straps on this garment attached at two different places on the back.  The fit was absolutely HAYNESS!!!  It bunched up in the middle and looked like I was wearing a big satin condom!  It was absolutely horrid.  I will attach comparison pics of my actual dress vs. the bridalshopa version (hm, they didn't download in order, but #1, 5, 6, and 7 are the knockoffs, and 2, 3 and 4 are my actual dress).  When all was said and done, and over a month of arguing, emails, excuses, negotiation, customs issues, etc., I finally got most of my money back (minus $50.)  Just be careful!  The company I was dealing with was out of China.  I ended up finding a nice Ann Taylor on sale.  It doesn't look the same, but at least the quality is nice.

#1310 danak71

danak71
                    • Site Supporter
                    • 264 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 10:13 PM

Originally Posted by cherany 

Sure!  Here is the link to the pair she bought, with more available (great price, too!):

http://www.ebay.com/...=item3f20a76312

Was that price $15.99 for just one or for the pair?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users