May 2013 Brides

So, May Brides!  What are we all using for OOT bags (the bag itself).  I'm starting to keep my eyes peeled when I'm out and about.  Today I found this cute tote at Chapters.  It was the perfect size $8.50 each.  It's so cute.  Not %100 one the saying ... but it might work.  I'm trying to figure out who supplies the bag and maybe I can do an iron on instead.  Post any pictures of your bags if you have them.  I'm in Canada so it would need to be from a store/website that ships here.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Punta Bride...$8.50 per bag is alot! Here is a picture of my welcome bags , they are pretty big and are also canvas. I got them from Vistaprint and are totally customizable. There is also a $17 for $70 worth of merchandise Groupon today for them. Thats how I purchased these and they came out to next to nothing.

And here is the link to the Groupon:

http://www.groupon.com/deals/vista-print-january-baltimore?p=1&utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&sid=2548ebfe-4d92-4c3a-8022-beba7e3df68e&division=baltimore&user=bd0bad1b6ed81a8aef9a9a26a103a0bbebd2e457c7f4a1c9c5b09bdafaab77dc&date=20130111&s=body&c=deal_button&d=deal-page&utm_campaign=vista-print-january-baltimore

That bag is perfect!! and that is not expensive at all which is great. Thank you for the advice!!! Also, are you giving a bag to each person or one for the room??

I wish I could order the bags now but I can't  because I don't know the exact amount of people who are going yet which kinda stinks. I have somewhat an idea, but not 100% positive on the exact amount. I sent out my Save the Dates in July and about to send my invitations next week..... I know of a few people outside of my family that have confirmed and already booked, but still have the people who are 50/50 right now. So, I won't know until March 15th which is the date I told everyone to let me know by.

SO, I almost feel like there is not much I can do right at this point until I know the exact amount of people who are going!

What are you ladies doing in regards to shoes if you are walking down the aisle on the beach? I am thinking that wearing heals is not the way to go because I dont want to be falling in the sand!! I don't mind wearing a nice sandle but for the rest of the night, I kinda wanted something more of a heal. I dont mind switching shoes however, I know that when they fit your dress for the last time, I need the shoe that I am going to be wearing....any suggestions on what you girls are doing?

Have a nice weekend!!!  

Originally Posted by PuntaBride View Post

So, May Brides!  What are we all using for OOT bags (the bag itself).  I'm starting to keep my eyes peeled when I'm out and about.  Today I found this cute tote at Chapters.  It was the perfect size $8.50 each.  It's so cute.  Not %100 one the saying ... but it might work.  I'm trying to figure out who supplies the bag and maybe I can do an iron on instead.  Post any pictures of your bags if you have them.  I'm in Canada so it would need to be from a store/website that ships here.

I'm going down to Mexico a week before the wedding and I'm waiting to purchase my bags then from the flea market. I want some bags that say Mexico or Cancun on them...and since I'll need a lot of them I figure I can negotiate the price and get them for next to nothing. Another bride I know staying at my resort did that for her wedding in May 2012 and got some great bags for about $3 each. Here's a pic below of her bags...I liked that they were all different but had the same central theme.

I got my canvas totes from ingreetings.com I think they where around $1.50 each or something and I paid $18 shipping to Canada for 23 bags. But you can buy these same bags at michaels. I think they sell for 3 bags for $11.99. So with a 50% off coupon 3 bags for $6 is $2 a bag! Not bad! I just used iron on transfers to customize them 400

Originally Posted by Dazeydawl View Post

Eek just got my prototype pic of my custom USB flash drives!!! It's hard cause I can't share them with anyone except FI or it will ruin the surprise so I have to share it here. Don't mind it's a little blurry.

I love this idea!  May have to steal it. wink.gif

Originally Posted by Melissa Brayton View Post

What are you ladies doing in regards to shoes if you are walking down the aisle on the beach? I am thinking that wearing heals is not the way to go because I dont want to be falling in the sand!! I don't mind wearing a nice sandle but for the rest of the night, I kinda wanted something more of a heal. I dont mind switching shoes however, I know that when they fit your dress for the last time, I need the shoe that I am going to be wearing....any suggestions on what you girls are doing?

I never go anywhere without at least 4" heels on, so I've thought a lot about this.  Although everyone else in the wedding will have on barefoot sandals or nothing at all, I plan to wear heeled wedges.  I am considering going with a shorter heel than I normally wear, just to safeguard against an ugly fall in the sand, as walking on a beach in any footwear is much more difficult than walking on a hard surface.  I found a pair I like on ebay, but I accidentally selected the wrong size, so waiting on the seller to respond and hopefully correct.

This is not what I bought, but I saw these while browsing and thought, wow, these would look amazing and very bridal in white, silver, or gold.

Had I found a nice pair of plain clear wedges for a good price, I would've done this by hot gluing flowers on myself, but I ended up going with something else entirely.  Will show everyone once I get the size issue straightened out and the order complete. 

I'm giving the girls in my bridal party foot jewelry as thank you gifts at the bridal luncheon. But I found these cute flip flops for myself for the ceremony. My mom is also purchasing a different pair from the same company (not a wedge heel).

Then I'm wearing the heels for the reception. I typically wear 4 1/2"-5" heels but I couldn't find any purple ones that were higher that I really liked and were within the amount I wanted to spend.700