Jump to content

Photo

May 2013 Brides


  • Please log in to reply
2335 replies to this topic

#111 PuntaBride

PuntaBride
  • Jr. Member
  • 313 posts

    Posted 10 May 2012 - 12:53 PM

    Originally Posted by MissBubbles205 

    I'm sooo excited about it!!. :o)

     

    Pinterest.. I'm addicted!! Follow me.. I think my name is Missbubbles205  (I can't get on it from work though. :o( Boooo.. )

     

    That is very true!.. Who did you do your website through?

     

    I'm doing passport invites. :o) I am still tweeking mine a good bit.. I just changed all the Bahamas stuff yesterday to Punta Cana.. It's nice having a resort that you have tons of amenities to mention. :o)  but we can't seem to find a logo or image we like for the front. :-/

     

    Have you made a final decision on your resort and wedding date yet?

     

    Okee ... I'm following you now.  You should be able to find me now!  

     

    I'm using weddingwindow.  It was the best one I found.  We are paying for it though ... $60 or something for a year.  It was the most customizable and I really like it.  I will PM you the link!

     

    I'm doing passport invites too, I used the template you sent me ... just changed the colours and information around!  Are you making your own design up?

     

    We've decided in the Majestic Elegance ... YAY!!!!  Still deciding on the exact wedding date.  We will be there either May 5th-May 12th. Or April 21st - 28th.



    #112 Shay4966

    Shay4966
    • Site Supporter
    • 262 posts

      Posted 10 May 2012 - 12:54 PM

      That's a really good idea.. I have a wedding website that I have completed. Whatever questions I get I just place on the webpage so that people can see. The webpage is also helpful cause I don't have to pay for RSVP stamps, they can log on and RSVP on there. I really like your idea, I'm just not on facebook a lot. My job does not allow, also I get off of work and go back into another job of cooking, taking care of my new baby girl, and helping my other daughter with her homework... I got my website done on my maternity leave (thank GOD) 

      Originally Posted by MissBubbles205 

       Sorry.. I should have explained better.. It's actually a book I am creating with all of the guests. Like a "meet the guests" book. It will have their name, location, picture and a short bio. I plan to make it with 2 persons to a page and pring on front and back. So far mine is a tad smaller than a regular sheet of paper, but I may shorten the book so it wont take up so much room since I plan to put one in each OOT bags.

       

      I have been debating on doing a wedding website... I want to but then I don't.. I'm soo addicted to this site I don't think I could be addicted to another online project.  



      #113 allieplask

      allieplask
      • Jr. Member
      • 177 posts

        Posted 10 May 2012 - 02:45 PM

        we are using our wedding website for rsvp's too! so much easier and why not save money on rsvp cards, postage, etc.  our std's are in print and we still haven't decided if we will send formal invites yet.  we just started putting all our travel info on our site and i was excited about the way our rsvp page came out... my fi is a graphic designer so he has been making the website based on what i tell him i want.. very time-consuming though!  anyways, we were able to put so much info on our rsvp page, i hope it works out the way i expect it to.... i put the link below

         

        http://allienick.com/rsvp.html


        wedding website: www.allienick.com


        #114 MissBubbles205

        MissBubbles205
        • Sr. Member
        • 1,350 posts

          Posted 10 May 2012 - 03:46 PM

          Originally Posted by PuntaBride 

           

          Okee ... I'm following you now.  You should be able to find me now!  

           

          I'm using weddingwindow.  It was the best one I found.  We are paying for it though ... $60 or something for a year.  It was the most customizable and I really like it.  I will PM you the link!

           

          I'm doing passport invites too, I used the template you sent me ... just changed the colours and information around!  Are you making your own design up?

           

          We've decided in the Majestic Elegance ... YAY!!!!  Still deciding on the exact wedding date.  We will be there either May 5th-May 12th. Or April 21st - 28th.

           You just answered my question in the PM.. :o) But again I love your wedding site!!

           

          Ahh okay. :o) I can't wait to see yours :o) Another copy project?  lol... jk.. I did my passport invites from scratch.. But I'm not having any luck with my own design.. I made one for my chapsticks and it was suprisingly cute for a 4am task. There a pic in my profile if you haven't seen in yet.. But it's not passport front cover eligable.

           

          Aww... How Awesome!!!!  :o) I noticed on your site you mentioned a Wednesday.. are you wanting a Wednesday on either date frames or any day?  We are getting married on a Wednesday. :o)

          We are expected the guests to arrive on Tuesday, if not sooner. but we are gonna block 3 nights per my TA and they can get group rates for additional nights if they wish.



          #115 MissBubbles205

          MissBubbles205
          • Sr. Member
          • 1,350 posts

            Posted 10 May 2012 - 03:51 PM

             Ahh.. that's a good idea!  I started making us a wedding website today. :o) I didn't think about doing RSVP's through there.. But that is a great idea!.. My RSVP cards are one of my favorite DIYs I did.. So I'll still send them but if people want to rsvp via our site they can do that as well.

             

            My work doesn't allow it either.. Im not on it near as much as I used to be. I'll have to find that forum again and post the link.. :o)

             

            Aww.. how exciting!!!.. I can't wait to have children!.. Right now I'm working full time and going to college.. So I'm am more than certain you have way more on your hands than I do!.. That's awesome you got your site done while on ML!.. :o)

            Originally Posted by Shay4966 

            That's a really good idea.. I have a wedding website that I have completed. Whatever questions I get I just place on the webpage so that people can see. The webpage is also helpful cause I don't have to pay for RSVP stamps, they can log on and RSVP on there. I really like your idea, I'm just not on facebook a lot. My job does not allow, also I get off of work and go back into another job of cooking, taking care of my new baby girl, and helping my other daughter with her homework... I got my website done on my maternity leave (thank GOD) 



            #116 MissBubbles205

            MissBubbles205
            • Sr. Member
            • 1,350 posts

              Posted 10 May 2012 - 04:14 PM

              My Work in Progess.. Guest "Facebook".. Ignore my face.. My FI is def not my twink.. lol.. I just didn't have any other pics on my work computer..  They will printed on cardstock and probably be smaller and binded together rather than stapled.

              IMG00711-20120510-1859.jpg

              IMG00712-20120510-1859.jpg



              #117 PuntaBride

              PuntaBride
              • Jr. Member
              • 313 posts

                Posted 10 May 2012 - 04:47 PM

                Originally Posted by allieplask 

                we are using our wedding website for rsvp's too! so much easier and why not save money on rsvp cards, postage, etc.  our std's are in print and we still haven't decided if we will send formal invites yet.  we just started putting all our travel info on our site and i was excited about the way our rsvp page came out... my fi is a graphic designer so he has been making the website based on what i tell him i want.. very time-consuming though!  anyways, we were able to put so much info on our rsvp page, i hope it works out the way i expect it to.... i put the link below

                 

                http://allienick.com/rsvp.html

                 

                Looks great!  Good thinking on the FAQ page.  I also like the little "events" you have planned.  I will have to think about something like that.  

                 

                I stayed at the Suites over Christmas with 15 members of my family.  Jamaica is great.  You are about 10 minutes away from the airport :)



                #118 allieplask

                allieplask
                • Jr. Member
                • 177 posts

                  Posted 10 May 2012 - 05:31 PM

                  yeah?? that is so awesome to here! i hope it's great, i'm so excited! i've only been to negril in jamaica.. being close to the airport was really important to my FI - he hated the 1.5 hr drive from montage airport to negril.. thought it was way to far for our guests especially after a long flight!

                  Originally Posted by PuntaBride 

                   

                  Looks great!  Good thinking on the FAQ page.  I also like the little "events" you have planned.  I will have to think about something like that.  

                   

                  I stayed at the Suites over Christmas with 15 members of my family.  Jamaica is great.  You are about 10 minutes away from the airport :)


                  wedding website: www.allienick.com


                  #119 ChocoTaco7568

                  ChocoTaco7568
                  • Member
                  • 955 posts

                    Posted 11 May 2012 - 07:21 AM

                    Originally Posted by allieplask 

                    we are using our wedding website for rsvp's too! so much easier and why not save money on rsvp cards, postage, etc.  our std's are in print and we still haven't decided if we will send formal invites yet.  we just started putting all our travel info on our site and i was excited about the way our rsvp page came out... my fi is a graphic designer so he has been making the website based on what i tell him i want.. very time-consuming though!  anyways, we were able to put so much info on our rsvp page, i hope it works out the way i expect it to.... i put the link below

                     

                    http://allienick.com/rsvp.html

                    Thanks for sharing your website, you and your Fi did a really great job.  Like PuntaBride, this is my major project for the month, so any insight that I can glean from you ladies is really helpful.



                    #120 QuintanaV

                    QuintanaV
                    • Newbie
                    • 76 posts

                      Posted 11 May 2012 - 07:35 AM

                      It's awesome having a May 2013 bride forum!! I'm loving it. We'll be getting married on Saturday, May 25th at the Grand Coral Beach Club in Playa del Carmen.

                       

                      I've seen that some of you ladies already purchased wedding dresses!!! Way to go!! I haven't even went to look at them. I was waiting to go until September! Is that too late?

                       

                      I was waiting to look for BM dresses until later as well since I'm afraid of having everyone buy their dresses so far in advance too.

                       

                      Items DONE on my To Do List:

                      Wedding website

                      Villas booked for accomodations

                      Wedding venue booked

                      Live band booked

                      Minister booked

                      WC booked

                      Photography booked

                      Videography booked

                      Hair/make-up booked

                      Save-The-Dates mailed

                       

                      Items TO DO:

                      Wedding dress and accessories

                      Wedding Invitations

                      Bridesmaid dresses

                      Flowergirl dresses

                      Accessories for wedding - ring bearer pillow, guest book, etc.

                      Ceremony decor

                      Transportation from villas to wedding venue

                      Reception decor

                      Setup rehearsal and dinner details

                      Flowers

                      Wedding cake

                      Select food menu

                      Select and purchase wedding bands 

                      Make printed wedding programs

                      Make printe wedding menus

                      Set up wedding guests events

                       

                       

                      Goodness, until I made this TO DO list, I thought I had done a lot! Still a lot to do... So glad we all have a little over a year left!!!






                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users