Photo

May 2013 Brides

• Please log in to reply
2335 replies to this topic

#1071 adielej

adielej
  • 9 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 08:22 PM

yay for Memorial weekend brides! too bad we're not at the same resort we could have planned this craziness together lol!! let me know if you find any good tips :)

#1072 adielej

adielej
    • 9 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 09:27 PM

So far here is what I have completed:

Wedding website: www.mywedding.com/ryanandjennybuchanan

Date: 24 May 2013 at 6:00pm with sunset estimated at 7:22

Save The Dates: weddingpaperdivas.com sent August 2012

Venue: Dreams, Cancun.

Ceremony at wedding gazebo and reception on Caribe beach.

Package: Ultimate Package

Room Block: 30 rooms

My Room: Club Tower Jr. Jacuzzi Suite 5/21 - 5/30.

Wedding Planner: Cecilia

Wedding Party: 6 bridesmaids, 2 maids of honor (my two sisters) and 8 groomsmen.

Photographer: Juan Navarro but for some reason I have not heard from him in over a month so I went ahead and booked another photographer, paid deposit just to be safe, in case Juan falls through.

Decor: Events Wedding Cancun, (Raffaele) for lounge decor, dance floor, chairs and bridal bouquets.

Rehearsal Dinner Reservations: Paloma Bonita

Theme: all white with hints of grey and turquoise

Invitations: weddingpaperdivas.com sent Dec. 1 2012 with RSVP's due Jan. 2013

Still need:

DJ - any ideas who the contracted DJ is at Dreams?

Lighting - have learned that DJ possibly takes care of this?

OOT bag ideas

Adventure/Excursion ideas for wedding group.

What all do you have or need to do...? 

#1073 ChocoTaco7568

ChocoTaco7568
      • 955 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 09:58 PM

Adielej... Looks like you have a great start. A few of us posted our completed/to-do list a couple weeks back, so if your interested you may want to go back a few pages since not much has probably changed since then for those who shared.

#1074 melnryluvco

melnryluvco
        • 340 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 10:38 PM

Originally Posted by ciaocarla 

Mine is May 10, 2013 in Oahu, Hawaii. But I think my fiance' is about to call the whole thing off if I don't decide on a beach! I have changed my mind on beaches so many times it's not even funny so now I think I've resigned myself to having it right in front of the hotel we are staying at which is the Hilton Hawaiian Village. My concern is that it's SOOO busy but I've had concerns about the other beaches being too windy, too pebbly, too far from the hotels, etc. I also feel weird not booking a venue and just showing up to a beach site where other ceremonies may be taking place. I guess this is what we call, "control issues!"

Hi Ciaocarla,

Our wedding was going to be in Maui but we went from like 12 people to 30+ so we switched to Mexico for the easy of group travel and $$$. Anyways, I did a TON of research about getting married in HI. All you'll need to get is a "Right Away Permit" for the beach and a officiant legally certified in the state of HI. Other than that you can't do much about the crowds but you are honestly going during a slow time for tourism so it shouldn't be tooooo bad! CONGRATS! I'm jealous of your HI wedding. You'll have to share lots of pics with us!

Best,

Melissa

#1075 Dazeydawl

Dazeydawl
          • 861 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 07:22 AM

Originally Posted by abbacaddaba 

Hi Everyone,

I'm glad I found this thread, our wedding is May 11th 2013 at Fiesta Americana Condesa and with under 6 months to go I felt like I should be doing more! But it seems like I'm just as far as everyone else on this thread so I feel better! Am I the only one that gets the feeling all weddings in Mexico are basically planned the week of? I mean with the exception of photographer and DJ? I guess were just getting all the details figured out when we get down there a few days prior to the wedding such as flowers, cake and centerpieces. I'm getting the feeling this is normal. Either way, were very excited to be at the 6 month mark finally! We've been engaged for a year and a half now.

Happy planning everyone and Happy Thanksgiving! :)

Sarah

Welcome Sarah! I know how you feel about everything neing planned at the last minute.  Im in Jamaica and i have had no contact with the resort since booking. They told me they will contact me 2 months prior to start sorting out the details. So now i have alot of stuff thats just sitting and waiting for all the final details before i can finnish it.

Originally Posted by adielej 

May 24th 2013 at Dreams Cancun! Any other Dreams brides in May? Where are you choosing to do the ceremony and reception?!!!

Welcome Adielej!!!!!

#1076 Dazeydawl

Dazeydawl
            • 861 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 07:40 AM

Originally Posted by adielej 

So far here is what I have completed:

Wedding website: www.mywedding.com/ryanandjennybuchanan

Date: 24 May 2013 at 6:00pm with sunset estimated at 7:22

Save The Dates: weddingpaperdivas.com sent August 2012

Venue: Dreams, Cancun.

Ceremony at wedding gazebo and reception on Caribe beach.

Package: Ultimate Package

Room Block: 30 rooms

My Room: Club Tower Jr. Jacuzzi Suite 5/21 - 5/30.

Wedding Planner: Cecilia

Wedding Party: 6 bridesmaids, 2 maids of honor (my two sisters) and 8 groomsmen.

Photographer: Juan Navarro but for some reason I have not heard from him in over a month so I went ahead and booked another photographer, paid deposit just to be safe, in case Juan falls through.

Decor: Events Wedding Cancun, (Raffaele) for lounge decor, dance floor, chairs and bridal bouquets.

Rehearsal Dinner Reservations: Paloma Bonita

Theme: all white with hints of grey and turquoise

Invitations: weddingpaperdivas.com sent Dec. 1 2012 with RSVP's due Jan. 2013

Still need:

DJ - any ideas who the contracted DJ is at Dreams?

Lighting - have learned that DJ possibly takes care of this?

OOT bag ideas

Adventure/Excursion ideas for wedding group.

What all do you have or need to do...? 

I have yet to post my lists so here so lets see how detailed i can be lol

Completed:

Date May 4th 2013, in Jamaica May 1st-8th

Resort: Tensing Pen in Negril

Wedding planner: Shanique

Invites almost completed,,, should be ready to be mailed out next week, RSVPs due End of Feb.

All Guests rooms are booked

Our flights are booked

We are bringing a photographer so her room is booked and deposit paid

My dress bought and has arrived

Bridesmaids dresses picked and arrived

Grooms and Groomsmen attire ordered

Many paper items, (programs, menus, photosharing card, welcome letter, strawflags, chapstick labels, OOT Tag) rough drafts designed just waiting on final details to fill in before printing

OTT bags started, got and finnished personalized totes. got kleenex, hand sanitizer, advil, firts aid kits, binaca, bottle openers, barefoot sandals,

Bridesmaids gifts, got cosmetic bags and silk robes

Groomsmen gifts, got ties

Linen napkins recieved

Still to complete:

Photographers flight

Bridemaids gifts, hanger, rhinestone tank, jewelery

Groomsmen gifts, custom cufflinks, shaving bag

OTT bag items, aloe, chapstick, suduko and crossword books, snack goodies, perhaps shotglasses

Flowergirl dress, basket

Ringbearer pillow

Centerpiece lanterns and candles and votives

Complete strawflags and straws

Seating chart

Table numbers and frames

My jewelery, shoes, figure out and book hair and makeup

And thats all i can think of right now.

#1077 Tulumbride2013

Tulumbride2013
              • 670 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 09:47 AM

I'm a May Dreams bride but I'm in Tulum not cancun. Welcome! The ladies here are truly amazing:) hope everyone heads great turkey day!

#1078 cherany

cherany
                • 234 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 10:05 AM

In just a couple of weeks, nearly everything has changed for us!  I wrote about the turn of events here:

http://www.bestdesti...50#post_1838893

We've officially decided to move our ceremony location to another beach, one that involves us traveling from the hotel where we're getting ready (something I had hoped to avoid). However, it seems we'll have a nicer beach and more privacy at the new location, so it may prove to be a very happy mess-up. 

We're also in talks to move the reception to a nice restaurant downtown, another thing very different than I imagined (we initially thought we'd have a beach reception in walking distance of the ceremony site).  But, we'll have a private outdoor terrace with plenty of room for dinner and dancing if we do it this way, so again, this may prove a much better option for us than our original plan.  If things work out, I'll report back and tell you guys all about the restaurant (a little scared to jinx it right now, I guess?).

The biggest things keeping me from going nuts at this point (because holy crap, it's stressful to be back at square one in your planning when you are 6 months away from getting married!) are the new wedding planner (Leanne Marie, sooooo easy to work with and full of money-saving ideas for us) and the staff at del Sol Photography (they had a great location in mind for us when we ended up needing a non-resort ceremony site, a tough thing for us to find on our own, and they've been super helpful in other planning aspects, as well).  I now feel we have a team of people who are working together to make sure our day goes smoothly AND is being respectful of our budget.  That was not the case just a couple of weeks ago, so if the trade-off for switching venues is that we feel more assured of everything, it is worth it.

I'm starting to realize that sometimes feeling like things are in order is not really a matter of how many details are nailed down, but rather, who you have making sure they will be nailed down in the right amount of time.  I have plenty to do on my end in the coming months, but there is so much I now have other people worrying about for me, people I feel really good about trusting.  I did not have that at the previous venue at all and shudder to think what a wreck I would've been on my wedding day, had I kept everything as it was!

Lots more updates to come from me!  I'm back in the swing of things and excited about the new plans! 

#1079 ChocoTaco7568

ChocoTaco7568
                  • 955 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 10:40 AM

Cherany -

Way to bounce back and make a quick recovery to what was a huge pitfall in your wedding plans. I’m glad there was a silver lining behind all of this and it seems like your wedding day plans have evolved into something that will be much better.  And fortunately this happened now and not 2 months out.  6 months is still a respectable amount of time to plan especially with allies in your corner. Now my curiously is reeling and I can’t wait to find out the details of your new ceremony and reception venues…Hmmm.

#1080 cherany

cherany
                    • 234 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 11:11 AM

Thanks, Tova!  I agree completely - MUCH better to have a shift in the road now than a couple months out! 

Although I feel better now, it was a crazy few days there when I didn't know what the F was going to happen with my wedding!  Having it happen at the same time as I was worrying about a bridesmaid not coming (and some very hurt feelings on both sides, which we thankfully worked through, despite her inability to attend) was super stressful!  

On top of it, my dog had a tumor removed that week, so I was freaked out about her having cancer (she did, in fact, but it was removed completely, so all is well).  Just a lot of crap coming down on me at once!  In some ways, it was good, though... if the issue with the dog was worrying me, I could dive back into wedding planning, and if the wedding stuff was about to make me scream, I had my dog to think about.  Weird how several bad things happening at once can sometimes be a blessing!  Same with the bridesmaid issue.

I'm just so, so happy to be back on a forward track!  I have all new wedding plans to get excited about now! 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users