Jump to content

Photo

May 2013 Brides


  • Please log in to reply
2335 replies to this topic

#1031 cherany

cherany
  • Jr. Member
  • 234 posts

    Posted 14 November 2012 - 12:38 AM

    After reading what you guys have done, I feel I am definitely behind!  Nothing I can't catch up to, but we don't have near as much set in stone.

     

    Working on invitations at the moment.  Trying to decide if they need to go out before or after the holidays. We did send out STDs, so it's not a surprise to anyone that the wedding is coming up, but I feel icky reminding people right before Christmas of another thing they need to spend money on.  Worse might be getting the invitation in January, though, when those bills from Christmas are coming in!  Guess I'll be sending them out very soon.  Not sure when to make my RSVP date.



    #1032 ChocoTaco7568

    ChocoTaco7568
    • Member
    • 955 posts

      Posted 14 November 2012 - 07:31 AM

      Quote:

      Originally Posted by cherany 

      Working on invitations at the moment.  Trying to decide if they need to go out before or after the holidays. We did send out STDs, so it's not a surprise to anyone that the wedding is coming up, but I feel icky reminding people right before Christmas of another thing they need to spend money on.  Worse might be getting the invitation in January, though, when those bills from Christmas are coming in!  Guess I'll be sending them out very soon.  Not sure when to make my RSVP date

      Yeah. holidays and invites can be a bit tricky.  I know there are other May 2013 brides in the same predicament, so hopefully they will chime in. Our RSVP date is Feb 16, which I think is fare and it gives me enough to finalize anything that is dependent on our guest count.  The way we see it, if you haven’t committed to a destination wedding 3 months out, then you probably have no intension of going.  Even in saying that, we know that 1 or 2 of our guests won’t be able to commit until 6-8 weeks out, but they are the only exceptions to that statement. This date is also 2 weeks prior to when we need to cancel any un-reserved rooms on our block without penalty.



      #1033 chrisdior

      chrisdior
      • Jr. Member
      • 286 posts

        Posted 14 November 2012 - 08:59 AM

        Anyone booking flights thru Aeromexico?? Any advice or opinions would be appreciated!!



        #1034 chrystine888

        chrystine888
        • Newbie
        • 93 posts

          Posted 15 November 2012 - 07:25 AM

          Originally Posted by cherany 

          After reading what you guys have done, I feel I am definitely behind!  Nothing I can't catch up to, but we don't have near as much set in stone.

           

          Working on invitations at the moment.  Trying to decide if they need to go out before or after the holidays. We did send out STDs, so it's not a surprise to anyone that the wedding is coming up, but I feel icky reminding people right before Christmas of another thing they need to spend money on.  Worse might be getting the invitation in January, though, when those bills from Christmas are coming in!  Guess I'll be sending them out very soon.  Not sure when to make my RSVP date.


          We already sent out our invitations a couple weeks ago.  I think it is standard to do it about 6 months prior for a DW (especially if passports are needed!)  We sent our STDs at about 10 months out, so there really should have been no big surprises.  It stinks that this needs to be done during a busy time in the year, but on the other hand, it means that the actual celebration is OPPOSITE the busiest time of year!  Right?  :-) 



          #1035 chrystine888

          chrystine888
          • Newbie
          • 93 posts

            Posted 15 November 2012 - 07:27 AM

            Choco- you are one of the most organized brides I have ever seen!  Way to go!!!  :-)  I may "borrow" your check-list from time to time to make sure I'm on point!  ;-)



            #1036 chrystine888

            chrystine888
            • Newbie
            • 93 posts

              Posted 15 November 2012 - 07:30 AM

              Has everyone started their DW paperwork?  It's a little complicated getting married in the DR.  We need to have forms notarized, then apostilled, then translated and then legalized.  Crazy.  We're just getting started with that now; hopefully it's not as complicated in other destinations!  :-)



              #1037 Sophia2616

              Sophia2616
              • Newbie
              • 143 posts

                Posted 15 November 2012 - 08:41 AM

                I flew Aeromexio in July for a bachelorette party and honestly no complaints!!! They even give you a free meal for coach and the staff was really nice.



                #1038 LKocelko

                LKocelko
                • Jr. Member
                • 350 posts

                  Posted 15 November 2012 - 09:25 AM

                  Originally Posted by chrystine888 

                  Has everyone started their DW paperwork?  It's a little complicated getting married in the DR.  We need to have forms notarized, then apostilled, then translated and then legalized.  Crazy.  We're just getting started with that now; hopefully it's not as complicated in other destinations!  :-)


                  After much back and forth, we decided to legal get married here before we left. In Mexico, the requirements were just too much. You had to be in the country 4 days prior, which either cut into our trip or required extra $$ to stay longer. Also, they required blood tests once you're there, which my FI and I just couldn't deal with....I hate needles!! We've only told my mom about it, to see if she would be offended or think it was rude to be invited to a "fake" wedding, and she said we should do whatever makes us happy. It will also save about $500 to do it in the States, after all the doctor bills, translation, paperwork, etc.



                  #1039 ChocoTaco7568

                  ChocoTaco7568
                  • Member
                  • 955 posts

                    Posted 15 November 2012 - 09:32 AM

                    Quote:

                    Originally Posted by chrystine888 

                    Choco- you are one of the most organized brides I have ever seen!  Way to go!!!  :-)  I may "borrow" your check-list from time to time to make sure I'm on point!  ;-)

                    Borrow away!

                     

                    Unfortunately, I can't comment on any legal paper work requirements since my Fi and I decided to have a symbolic ceremony for our DW in Mexico. We thought it would be easier to care of all the legalities in the States.



                    #1040 danak71

                    danak71
                    • Site Supporter
                    • 264 posts

                      Posted 15 November 2012 - 09:43 AM

                      Has everyone started their DW paperwork?  It's a little complicated getting married in the DR.  We need to have forms notarized, then apostilled, then translated and then legalized.  Crazy.  We're just getting started with that now; hopefully it's not as complicated in other destinations!  :-)

                      Fortunately in the part of Mexico we're getting married in we just need our passport, tourist card (that they give you on the plane) and blood tests done at the resort. Neither of us mind the blood test part so it made sense for us. We (along with our witnesses) do have to be in the country 3 days before the wedding but there are about 5 of us going down 1 week prior (to shop and put OOT bags together) so that wasn't an issue. Many of my guests are making a vacation out of it and coming down 3 days before anyway. They just changed the law fortunately because earlier this year we were considering doing a symbolic ceremony because of the reasons you mentioned-translations, expense,etc.




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users