Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
bride81

May 2013 Brides

Recommended Posts

Originally Posted by bride81 View Post

 

I love this picture!!  You are beautiful!!  I am doing my engagement photos this weekend.  The summer got hot here fast, and I kinda hate sweating....even though I am having a beach wedding :)

 

I don't want to post pictures, because my sister convinced me its bad luck.  But here is a link to the dress :)  

http://www.maggiesottero.com/dress.aspx?style=S5229

Thank you! I'm wearing a Maggie Sottero also! I LOVE your dress...you're going to look amazing in it! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by danak71 View Post

 

We got our engagement pics back and we love a lot of them. Unfortunately, it rained the day we took them so we didn't get a lot of images in the 2nd look that we love. So we're going to reshoot one more look this month.

 

Thought I'd post one for you ladies...Have a great week!700

What a lovely shot!  Great photo!

 

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by bride81 View Post

 

I plan on sending invites late October/November.  before the holidays for sure.  

 

AND....

 

 I BOUGHT MY DRESS!!!!  Finally, I did it.  I never thought it would happen, but it was my first dress I tried on!  woot.gif

 

I am glad I caught up, because I do have some grandparents we thought were good.  My grandmother, who is a second mother to me will not be able to make it.  It is breaking my heart.  We also found out my FI grandpa has to start chemo immediately.  My step sister just got knocked up so she will not be there.  All these things understandable, but doesn't make it easy.  Its been a stressful week, but came with my wedding dress at the end!  230 days til may 18th!

 

Congrats on getting your dress!  I'm sorry about your family though, but I know you must excited about your dress. It's very pretty!  

 

 

I am sending out my invites in November.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Found out over the weekend, we have 2 guests that have already booked their travels other than us! :o) Wooohooo!

It's my fiance's step-moms sister and boyfriend... (I have never met her) Now how come the close friends and close families aren't on the ball like this?... lol

But anyways, apparently they didn't use our TA.. Is anyone else having guests book through online companies, etc rather than using the TA you picked out?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by MissBubbles205 View Post

 

Found out over the weekend, we have 2 guests that have already booked their travels other than us! :o) Wooohooo!

It's my fiance's step-moms sister and boyfriend... (I have never met her) Now how come the close friends and close families aren't on the ball like this?... lol

But anyways, apparently they didn't use our TA.. Is anyone else having guests book through online companies, etc rather than using the TA you picked out?

We did not use a TA for our wedding however we did reserve a block of rooms at our host hotel for wedding guests at a special group rate.   We haven't even booked our flights yet, but we are directing people to go to kayak and also sign up for fare alerts via tripadvisor. I think it's really going to come down to when people actually get their invitations and a specific deadline (RSVP by date) then they will act.  We've got 4 rooms booked under our block right now (including ours).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by uhura526 View Post

 

We did not use a TA for our wedding however we did reserve a block of rooms at our host hotel for wedding guests at a special group rate.   We haven't even booked our flights yet, but we are directing people to go to kayak and also sign up for fare alerts via tripadvisor. I think it's really going to come down to when people actually get their invitations and a specific deadline (RSVP by date) then they will act.  We've got 4 rooms booked under our block right now (including ours).

 We contemplated not using a TA... but I didn't want to be the one looking for rates for everyone.. I seem to be the go to person for best deals.. :-/ That's awesome you were able to block a group of rooms!!! :o) And awesome that you have 4 rooms booked!   I'm just sooo impatient, I'm wanting to know a good head count so that I can start buying things for the OOT bags (I've already bought a ton and I can't seem to know what's enough and what's too much) and sashes, etc. I hoping to not wait til the last minute to have to go run out shopping. :-/

 

I requested our RSVP's be returned 3 months prior to the wedding. I feel like it's cutting it close but hoping it all works out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We are hoping to send our invites out end of November with an RSVP date of 2/4/13 so we have 3 months prior. The Eng. pic posted was great you guys make a really cute couple.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by MissBubbles205 View Post

 

 We contemplated not using a TA... but I didn't want to be the one looking for rates for everyone.. I seem to be the go to person for best deals.. :-/ That's awesome you were able to block a group of rooms!!! :o) And awesome that you have 4 rooms booked!   I'm just sooo impatient, I'm wanting to know a good head count so that I can start buying things for the OOT bags (I've already bought a ton and I can't seem to know what's enough and what's too much) and sashes, etc. I hoping to not wait til the last minute to have to go run out shopping. :-/

 

I requested our RSVP's be returned 3 months prior to the wedding. I feel like it's cutting it close but hoping it all works out.

I hear that.  I think a TA is a fabulous idea for those who have a larger guest list and/or are doing AI resorts or cruise weddings.   If that were the case for us, we'd have used one.    I am thankful that our host hotel, although it's not AI, offers free breakfast and free wifi.  The price is also amazing and the lowest I've found on Grand Cayman.  Apparently every hotel there is either all suites or a vacation rental apartment.    I am not tripping over OOT bags at this point.  We will send out our invites in early November and our RSVP by date is January 18th.  I need to get my final numbers to my wedding planner by February 15th which gives me plenty of time to do OOT bags. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I posted this to the ring thread, but yiou ladies seem to be quicker to respond and more helpful... Due my inability to find a wedding band that I actually like Justin and I have decide to go custom for both our bands and I will have my Asscher reset into a 3-stone as shown.  Iâ€m in the design phase and I'm stuck on one minor detail as to how I want my baguettes and rounds to alternate.  Let me know if you have a preference…

700

 

700

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by uhura526 View Post

 

I hear that.  I think a TA is a fabulous idea for those who have a larger guest list and/or are doing AI resorts or cruise weddings.   If that were the case for us, we'd have used one.    I am thankful that our host hotel, although it's not AI, offers free breakfast and free wifi.  The price is also amazing and the lowest I've found on Grand Cayman.  Apparently every hotel there is either all suites or a vacation rental apartment.    I am not tripping over OOT bags at this point.  We will send out our invites in early November and our RSVP by date is January 18th.  I need to get my final numbers to my wedding planner by February 15th which gives me plenty of time to do OOT bags. 

 We are doing an AI resort.. A few in our families were complaining when we weren't looking into AI's.. So I'm thankful we found something everyone could agree to. :o)   Free breakfast and wifi is a huge plus!!!   The OOT bags were my first obsession.. I can't go anywhere without looking out for good deals and items. :o(

Originally Posted by ChocoTaco7568 View Post

 

I posted this to the ring thread, but yiou ladies seem to be quicker to respond and more helpful... Due my inability to find a wedding band that I actually like Justin and I have decide to go custom for both our bands and I will have my Asscher reset into a 3-stone as shown.  Iâ€m in the design phase and I'm stuck on one minor detail as to how I want my baguettes and rounds to alternate.  Let me know if you have a preference…

700

 

700

 I'm a little confused.. Soo, the stones you have laid out.. This will become your wedding band?

If so...  They are both beautiful!! So you can't go wrong. I am partial to round stones, but seeing your pics above I really like the layout of the first. Something about it really catches my eyes. :o) Very unique, love it!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • Hi Everyone, So, I was cleaning out my closet and realized that I never sold off my extra wedding OOT bag stuff from our wonderful DW.   46 Daily Spanish for Dummies 30 Pool colored OOT fabric bags - approximately 13in x 13in. They lay flat.  I used them for our wedding and they were perfect for everything we needed to fit in each bag. There’s a slight shade variation in the group; I’m guessing some were cut from a different bolt of fabric.  They are also a little wrinkled from storage and will probably be wrinkled from shipping. I have three additional ones, but they somehow got something on them (likely toddler related). If needed, I can try to wash it out and send those as well. 
    • I’m getting married in six months to my foreign girlfriend. I was advised by a friend that one of the things I need to do before saying I do is to get a prenuptial agreement. Basically it’s supposed to protect my assets and properties in case my relationship with my future wife goes down the drain. I don’t know though if this is an acceptable practice when marrying Kiev ladies. I don’t want to do it if it would be insulting on her end. I need advice on this. Please help me.
    • So we are currently looking for an all inclusive resort for the wedding. We have 60 guests and found all the Dreams resorts as options and all of them gave us a quote and discounted price since it’s off season etc. Resorts in Punta Canta gave us a reasonable price, Dominicus gave us a really good deal then La Romana Resort and Spa gave us their regular price and so hard to negotiate. Will someone tell us how special is this resort that they won’t give us a good discount when all my guests are staying in their resort for 5-8 days. We are bringing $$$ in their resort and not give us a discount?  What is so special with this resort?  Can somebody recommend a beautiful resort? 
    • Hello Everyone, Share your favorite wedding venues. And also give me a Solution. I choose Wedding Venues in mobile al the Anne-marie cottage.
    • Hello Jania! are you bringing any external vendor for your wedding?
  • Topics

×