Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
bride81

May 2013 Brides

Recommended Posts

Hey Ladies, I need some help ASAP! We are trying to book our wedding/reception at NOW Sapphire. My FI wants to know exactly how much time we get with the photographer included in the Now to Eternity package or he thinks it's a waste of money. It's too late to get a hold of Anel at the resort and I need to know by the AM so we can send in our deposit. I know you girls would probably get back to me faster anyways. So  if you know pleeeease pass that along to me. Thanks!!!
I believe now jade is only 2 hours of coverage and would assume the same for now sapphire. I would suggest posting this question in the now sapphire thread if you haven't already. Let us know how you make out...good luck.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by ChocoTaco7568 View Post

 

 

I believe now jade is only 2 hours of coverage and would assume the same for now sapphire. I would suggest posting this question in the now sapphire thread if you haven't already. Let us know how you make out...good luck.

Thanks soooo much ChocoTaco!! Once again you are my saving grace. thewave.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey ladies! I checked out for a while but decided to come on back since you all seems to be such a sweet bunch:) I think we are going to go through studio suits for the 99$ suits they offer, in tan. I've heard great reviews from this fourm so hopefully they come out good. FI is going to wear a vest/ no jacket and his BM will have just a linen shirt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Welcome back TulumBride! My Fi is strongly contemplating ordering from StudioSuits (this would be wedding option 3).  We saw a recent post in the specific material that my Fi wanted and it boosted his confidence to submit an order.  He's going to talk with his BM first, so we'll see. Good luck with your order.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I posted this in another forum, but the more opinions the better:

 

How have you ladies planned your day of schedule?   In particular, photos? 

 

I met with my photographer this week and she recommended the following schedule:

 

3:30pm  Photographer arrives.  Takes a few groomsmen photos and then goes to bridal party suite to take photos of the bride putting on dress, finishing make up, and bridesmaids photos. 

4:30pm Ceremony

5:15-6:15pm  Take photos (starting with family, then bridal party, then couple photos) while the rest of the guests go to cocktail hour.  My photographer was very clear about wanting this time period for photos because she indicated that she will get the best light (and some good sunset shots). 

6:30pm - 10:30/11:  Reception

 

 

I am just a bit worried about not getting some good light shots esp. if anything runs late or over.  I tried to express that but she was adamant about 5:15 being the best time for photos on the beach.   I tried to see about 3pm first look photos, but she was against 3pm because she indicated the light wont look good in photos and gives everyone dark under eyes.  

 

When are you ladies taking photos of the two of you?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was probably getting our photos done after the ceremony , but I just thought that was traditional. Our ceremony is at five. Your time line looks good though, and an hour seems like a good about of time for photos in the sunlight. How long are you anticipating your ceremony being?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by Tulumbride2013 View Post

 

I was probably getting our photos done after the ceremony , but I just thought that was traditional. Our ceremony is at five. Your time line looks good though, and an hour seems like a good about of time for photos in the sunlight. How long are you anticipating your ceremony being?

 

I should have said that I am worried about sunlight since I checked the sunset time and it is 6:29pm.   I am anticipating a 30 minute ceremony... I could be wrong though.  I don't really know how long an informal Jewish ceremony is. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by CourtandMatt View Post

 

I posted this in another forum, but the more opinions the better:

 

How have you ladies planned your day of schedule?   In particular, photos? 

 

I met with my photographer this week and she recommended the following schedule:

 

3:30pm  Photographer arrives.  Takes a few groomsmen photos and then goes to bridal party suite to take photos of the bride putting on dress, finishing make up, and bridesmaids photos. 

4:30pm Ceremony

5:15-6:15pm  Take photos (starting with family, then bridal party, then couple photos) while the rest of the guests go to cocktail hour.  My photographer was very clear about wanting this time period for photos because she indicated that she will get the best light (and some good sunset shots). 

6:30pm - 10:30/11:  Reception

 

 

I am just a bit worried about not getting some good light shots esp. if anything runs late or over.  I tried to express that but she was adamant about 5:15 being the best time for photos on the beach.   I tried to see about 3pm first look photos, but she was against 3pm because she indicated the light wont look good in photos and gives everyone dark under eyes.  

 

When are you ladies taking photos of the two of you?

We are doing a first look and formal family/wedding party pics prior and additional newlywed and fun group pics after the ceremony during part of the cocktail hour. I have to be honest in saying that I don't really like that fact that your photographer is so against the a 'First Look' shoot, especailly since you've shown interest.  I think this is a very special and intimate private moment for the bride and groom. Of the six photogrpahers that I contacted/corresponded with, I have never heard of the dark eye issue nor have I seen it in any of the the photos.  Additionally, there are many brides who get married in the middle of the day and have gorgeous pictures.

 

Onto your next question I think your window is fine for post ceremony pics. The only rule of thumb that I am aware of when it come to sunset it to schedule your ceremny no more than 2 hour before. Keep in mind that that there is still light in the sky for +/- 20 min after the sunsets during spring/summer months, so it won't be pitch black.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Our ceremony is at 6:00.. I tried moving it back but unfortunetly, someone is just before us.

 

Jamie Dimitry is our photographer, and he will come to us around 11:30 per our contract (but probably later).. Take pictures of the groom and groomsmen getting ready, and then come to my room and take pictures of me and my bridesmaids doing the finishing touches on getting ready. Then the groom and I are going to do a first look. Jamie suggested that this is an awesome idea to have our own private moment together and to be captured. Also stated it would give us more time for more pictures. Then he will start early taking pictures of the families due to the later ceremony. Then the ceremony pictures, and pictures with us and our family and friends. We have alloted 2 hours between the start of the ceremony and dinner. This gives time for us to sneak off from 7-8:00 for me and the groom to have pictures at sunset and on the beach.. then dinner pictures.. :o)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was wondering if anyone has decided on or bought a getting ready outfit yet. My fiancé bought me the Bride robe from Victorias Secret but I'm not sure what to wear getting my hair and make up done in the salon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×