Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
bride81

May 2013 Brides

Recommended Posts

Wb

I was thinking of having our wedding date in blue sewed into my dress. I have a fitting April 10th, maybe I'll ask the lady about it. Back to Pinterest for more ideas :)
What about just the blue rhinestone 'I do' stickers for the bottom of the shoes? Cheap and easy lol. I still need something old and borrowed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by PuntaBride View Post

 

Oh NO!!! I bought white underwear with blue rhinestones ... I better check and see if you can see the colour YIKES!

I almost got some like that, but thought they'd show. I figured I'd be safe with the blue and white lace, but was bummed it showed. I thought they would be the perfect, cute something blue. My dress is charmuse, so I'm sure that's why.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by Dazeydawl View Post

 

Wb

What about just the blue rhinestone 'I do' stickers for the bottom of the shoes? Cheap and easy lol.

 

I still need something old and borrowed

Yeah, I've seen those on Etsy. I emailed the "dress lady" about the date, so we'll see what she says.

 

Luckily my Gramma gave me a broach for my bouquet as my "something old" and my MOH is lending me an eggplant clutch (our wedding color) for my "something borrowed." I'm just counting my jewelry as my "something new." So much to figure out! The groom's have it easy :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by Dazeydawl View Post

 

Wb

What about just the blue rhinestone 'I do' stickers for the bottom of the shoes? Cheap and easy lol.

 

I still need something old and borrowed

 

I'm doing an old locket that my grandma gave me around my bouquet.  She passed a few years ago and I want a piece of her with me!  I also need a something borrowed!  I'm hoping an Aunt of mine has some pearl drop earrings or something.  I don't want to spend a ton of money on my bridal jewelry ... it will be too fancy and I probably won't wear it much after!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by PuntaBride View Post

 

 

I'm doing an old locket that my grandma gave me around my bouquet.  She passed a few years ago and I want a piece of her with me!  I also need a something borrowed!  I'm hoping an Aunt of mine has some pearl drop earrings or something.  I don't want to spend a ton of money on my bridal jewelry ... it will be too fancy and I probably won't wear it much after!

 

I got mine off of Etsy, drop pearl earrings, for like $30. Let me know if you're interested in the seller.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by LKocelko View Post

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PuntaBride View Post

 

 

I'm doing an old locket that my grandma gave me around my bouquet.  She passed a few years ago and I want a piece of her with me!  I also need a something borrowed!  I'm hoping an Aunt of mine has some pearl drop earrings or something.  I don't want to spend a ton of money on my bridal jewelry ... it will be too fancy and I probably won't wear it much after!

 

I got mine off of Etsy, drop pearl earrings, for like $30. Let me know if you're interested in the seller.

 

I also got earrings from Etsy, luxedeluxe is the seller.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by LKocelko View Post

 

 

I got mine off of Etsy, drop pearl earrings, for like $30. Let me know if you're interested in the seller.

 

Yes, that would be great!  I would love to know!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Soliciting your opinions please...I have my dress fitting this Saturday and I'm trying to figure out what I want to do with my sash.  It full of beads and crystals and very similar to what is shown in the pics but the embellishment will wrap all the way around my body and I want it sewn directly onto the dress so it doesn't shift.  Up until last night, I assumed it would be sewn around the natural waist, but after seeing a recent pic of a mermaid dress with embellishment at the empire waist (Kenneth Pool Romantic), I'm wondering what will look best.   I played around a bit, but I'm torn...Help?!?!

 

700

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like the natural waist! 

 

Originally Posted by ChocoTaco7568 View Post

Soliciting your opinions please...I have my dress fitting this Saturday and I'm trying to figure out what I want to do with my sash.  It full of beads and crystals and very similar to what is shown in the pics but the embellishment will wrap all the way around my body and I want it sewn directly onto the dress so it doesn't shift.  Up until last night, I assumed it would be sewn around the natural waist, but after seeing a recent pic of a mermaid dress with embellishment at the empire waist (Kenneth Pool Romantic), I'm wondering what will look best.   I played around a bit, but I'm torn...Help?!?!

 

700

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Soliciting your opinions please...I have my dress fitting this Saturday and I'm trying to figure out what I want to do with my sash.  It full of beads and crystals and very similar to what is shown in the pics but the embellishment will wrap all the way around my body and I want it sewn directly onto the dress so it doesn't shift.  Up until last night, I assumed it would be sewn around the natural waist, but after seeing a recent pic of a mermaid dress with embellishment at the empire waist (Kenneth Pool Romantic), I'm wondering what will look best.   I played around a bit, but I'm torn...Help?!?! LL
Oh that is a tough one! Both placements are very pretty but I think I would stay at the natural waist, accentuatating the narrowest part of your body is always the most flattering. Yay for first fitting! I have mine Monday!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×