May 2013 Brides

I am so stressed, I could just cry. Our travel agent has effed up. Again. She send us our boarding passes last. Week (after promising and re-promising and delaying and delaying). She sends Anthony's sister their 4 passes- her, hubby and their 2 kids. Her hubby is sitting 6 rows up, no big deal, right? And her 4yr old son my nephew, is seated BY HIMSELF 4 rows back. So my sis-in-law to be emails her, asks for it to be corrected, as obviously her little guy cannot sit alone on the plane. Duh. This was on Apr 24th. We have been promised over and over AND OVER that this would be fixed, then our agent disappears for days. She finally emails my SIL on Wed and says she's sending over the new tix ASAP. Nothing. Then Wed night, says she'll send them first thing Thurs am. NOTHING. So we email today, no response. I call there and am told she is out of the office today. So Anthony spoke with another agent, as at this point, I am just raging. She rummages around our agent's desk, says "oh, found it, I'll email them over right now". Then proceeds to send us the ORIGINAL passes. I could just scream. And we tried to call Air Canada ourselves but they refuse to talk to us since they are contracted out with our travel agency. I. Could. Scream. We leave in 17 days. Now I'm freaking out that our agent was stupid enough to cancel our seats without locking in the new ones or something. I will kill. I swear to lord, I will lose my ever-loving mind. I made it a year and a half with no zilla moments, and I'm due. I am so due. Our original agent was fabulous, but then the company got bought out by another Agency last July and its been friggin nightmare ever since. I can't even handle this shit right now. Hence why I'm sitting on the couch with wine and Cinnabon. Once we get back, I am going to SLAM them on bdw- who, by the way, recommended me to this company (with the previous owners). So so unfortunate. And since we live in London and the agency is in Vancouver, it complicates things further with the time change and trying to get shit resolved. Ughhhhhhhhh Kristen

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey ladies!!!!!!! So I am in Jamaica and today I get married!!!!!!! I know I shouldn't be on here lol but I kicked Jon out last night to go sleep in the room with his best Manson I'm just relaxing right now until we get things started. It's absolutely beautiful here and I'm so excited. And just to let everyone know yes things will go wrong they already have for me but they also will work out one way or another. If you would believe it our best man had just one job to do, show up with his suit, well he showed up, but left his suit at home!!!!!!!!! With absolutely no other dress clothes just cargo shorts and printed tees. He spent about 5 hours yesterday with a guy that works at our hotel driving him around to about 40 different stores trying to find something that slightly matches everyone else, he did find some pants and a white shirt, the vest will have to be switched back and forth a little bit lol. Khunt - as for you seating issue, I flew down on air Canada and there was a family in that same situation, the flight attendants were great and just asked a couple people if they didn't mind switching seats so the that the family could somewhat sit together, the mother and child sat together and the father just a couple seats away..

Originally Posted by Dazeydawl View Post

Hey ladies!!!!!!! So I am in Jamaica and today I get married!!!!!!! I know I shouldn't be on here lol but I kicked Jon out last night to go sleep in the room with his best Manson I'm just relaxing right now until we get things started. It's absolutely beautiful here and I'm so excited.

And just to let everyone know yes things will go wrong they already have for me but they also will work out one way or another. If you would believe it our best man had just one job to do, show up with his suit, well he showed up, but left his suit at home!!!!!!!!! With absolutely no other dress clothes just cargo shorts and printed tees. He spent about 5 hours yesterday with a guy that works at our hotel driving him around to about 40 different stores trying to find something that slightly matches everyone else, he did find some pants and a white shirt, the vest will have to be switched back and forth a little bit lol.

Khunt - as for you seating issue, I flew down on air Canada and there was a family in that same situation, the flight attendants were great and just asked a couple people if they didn't mind switching seats so the that the family could somewhat sit together, the mother and child sat together and the father just a couple seats away..

Thinking of you today! Congrats! And I cannot wait to hear about every detail!

Well this is it ... we leave in the morning!  Thanks to all of you wonderful ladies for your support and guidance over the past year.  It's amazing how much you talk and anticipate it coming and then BAM ... it's here!  

I am so beyond excited.  I don't think I will get one wink of sleep tonight!  Wish me luck.  I promise to be back to put up some photos and to see the rest of you May brides through your special day.

Michelle

Originally Posted by uhura526 View Post

Yes, I am back! The wedding and honeymoon (we flew over to one of the other Cayman Islands called Cayman Brac) was fantastic.  I don't think I could have dreamed up a more perfect day, for real. Even at our reception on the rooftop of the hotel facing the ocean, we saw a shooting star! Come on, now that has to mean something, right?  hehe  1000

Originally Posted by cherany View Post

No time to look through the recent posts, as we are about to leave (woo-hoo!pinkie.gif), but congratulations to those who are already married! Can't wait to have some time to look through your posts and see how your weddings went! 

My wedding is Saturday, and I know several other brides here share my date, so I'll be thinking of you!  All the good wishes in the world to the brides getting married this weekend!  I'm so excited I could literally cry! 

3 days till I'm married!  Aaaaaahhhhhh!  love.gif

Originally Posted by Dazeydawl View Post

Hey ladies!!!!!!! So I am in Jamaica and today I get married!!!!!!! I know I shouldn't be on here lol but I kicked Jon out last night to go sleep in the room with his best Manson I'm just relaxing right now until we get things started. It's absolutely beautiful here and I'm so excited.

And just to let everyone know yes things will go wrong they already have for me but they also will work out one way or another. If you would believe it our best man had just one job to do, show up with his suit, well he showed up, but left his suit at home!!!!!!!!! With absolutely no other dress clothes just cargo shorts and printed tees. He spent about 5 hours yesterday with a guy that works at our hotel driving him around to about 40 different stores trying to find something that slightly matches everyone else, he did find some pants and a white shirt, the vest will have to be switched back and forth a little bit lol.

Khunt - as for you seating issue, I flew down on air Canada and there was a family in that same situation, the flight attendants were great and just asked a couple people if they didn't mind switching seats so the that the family could somewhat sit together, the mother and child sat together and the father just a couple seats away..

Originally Posted by PuntaBride View Post

Well this is it ... we leave in the morning!  Thanks to all of you wonderful ladies for your support and guidance over the past year.  It's amazing how much you talk and anticipate it coming and then BAM ... it's here!  

I am so beyond excited.  I don't think I will get one wink of sleep tonight!  Wish me luck.  I promise to be back to put up some photos and to see the rest of you May brides through your special day.

Michelle

Congrats ladies! I wish you all the happiness in the world. Can't wait to see all your photos! 

One week left, what last minute things do I need to do? Hair, tanning, nail and waxing appointments are set. Most outfits and bathing suits are laid out. Decorations are organized to be packed.

I know I still need to:

• put together survival kits
  • get a wedding band
  • survive the work week
  • print travel docs
  • pay final payments

but what else is there?

Originally Posted by khunt29 View Post

I am so stressed, I could just cry. Our travel agent has effed up. Again. She send us our boarding passes last. Week (after promising and re-promising and delaying and delaying). She sends Anthony's sister their 4 passes- her, hubby and their 2 kids. Her hubby is sitting 6 rows up, no big deal, right? And her 4yr old son my nephew, is seated BY HIMSELF 4 rows back. So my sis-in-law to be emails her, asks for it to be corrected, as obviously her little guy cannot sit alone on the plane. Duh. This was on Apr 24th. We have been promised over and over AND OVER that this would be fixed, then our agent disappears for days. She finally emails my SIL on Wed and says she's sending over the new tix ASAP. Nothing. Then Wed night, says she'll send them first thing Thurs am. NOTHING. So we email today, no response. I call there and am told she is out of the office today. So Anthony spoke with another agent, as at this point, I am just raging. She rummages around our agent's desk, says "oh, found it, I'll email them over right now". Then proceeds to send us the ORIGINAL passes. I could just scream. And we tried to call Air Canada ourselves but they refuse to talk to us since they are contracted out with our travel agency. I. Could. Scream. We leave in 17 days. Now I'm freaking out that our agent was stupid enough to cancel our seats without locking in the new ones or something. I will kill. I swear to lord, I will lose my ever-loving mind. I made it a year and a half with no zilla moments, and I'm due. I am so due. Our original agent was fabulous, but then the company got bought out by another Agency last July and its been friggin nightmare ever since. I can't even handle this shit right now. Hence why I'm sitting on the couch with wine and Cinnabon. Once we get back, I am going to SLAM them on bdw- who, by the way, recommended me to this company (with the previous owners). So so unfortunate. And since we live in London and the agency is in Vancouver, it complicates things further with the time change and trying to get shit resolved. Ughhhhhhhhh

Kristen

OMG My heart is actually HOT.  Like, I am going to have a heart attack!!!!!!!   This TRAVEL AGENCY IS GOING TO PUT ME IN THE CRAZYHOUSE.  I just found out that she didn't arrange for ANY TRANSFERS for our guests from the airport to the resort.  By fluke, in emailing w/ my planner at the resort, she asked me how we were all getting there.  So I just did it.  CAN YOU IMAGINE????  We leave in 14 DAYS. 

ON TOP OF THAT.  We are leaving the Now Jade to go to La Perla for an additional week, so we need a xfr there.  Our Air Can tix include a xfr service, as well as our wedding pkg from the resort includes xfrs, so we want to use one of those xfrs to get us from the airport to Now Jade.  Then another from Now Jade to La Perla.  Then La Perla to airport.  Easy, right?   Oh no, she is telling us no, and we have to pay $150 for a xfr from La Perla to the airport.  This, after she told one of our guests that transfers are $30.00.    So why are we being charged $150?????    Someone please talk me off the ledge.