May 2013 Brides

Quote:

Originally Posted by heather1214 View Post

OMG you were totally justified in bridezilla here!! Prom season?  Have they ever heard of WEDDING SEASON!?  

I hope both of you ladies get this straightened out tonight!  Good luck!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by KristieT View Post

Tova!

Omg the same thing happened to me! I am so sorry to hear about this. I completely agree that a wedding dress should TRUMP all! Obviously this is the most important dress a girl will ever wear! Hopefully everything goes well tonight and you will forget about this kerfuffle.

This is what happened to me:

I showed up for my second fitting and she wasn't there. I called and she "forgot" Same thing, so busy with prom/grad dresses! Omg i almost lost my mind. I held back a little knowing that she still has my dress and I don't want her to do bad things!

So I reschedule, and I try on the dress and it still wont stay up. She is saying bc i have boobs, that its hard to keep the dress up.

It is a strapless silk dress, so no boning to help support. I am shocked that I can pay $1800 for a designer dress and it doesn't have the capability to stay up bc i have boobs? She put the sewn in cups in, size B cups. I was just measured at Victoria secret as a 32DD. I don't understand how she thinks the size B cups are going to hold me up. Needless to say I go back tonight, and I am beyond stressed, I leave in 10 days and I don't have a dress that will stay up!

Let's check in tomorrow and hopefully we both have a happy ending to this ordeal.

And I'm back on Track! While it wasn't my last fitting, all seems good in the world again.  All of my alterations for the bodice of my dress are complete and fit perfectly but my bustle needs some work since the hem is uneven when bustled. I have another fitting (hopefully my last) this Saturday to do one last check on fit and to check the bustle.

To be honest, I think I almost liked the way the dress fit when I tried it on as a sample and before I toned up and lost weight. With the weight loss I also lost my curves a bit.  I feel sweet and romantic which isnâ€t a bad thing, but I felt sexy/sultry before. But I also think the sample was cinched pretty tight with the clips that it wasnâ€t a realistic view of how the dress would actually end up.  Granted, I could have had the alterations taken in more, but I would struggle to walk, and sitting in any form would not have been an option.

Kristie – Any updates?    

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally Posted by ChocoTaco7568 View Post

Quote:

Quote:

And I'm back on Track! While it wasn't my last fitting, all seems good in the world again.  All of my alterations for the bodice of my dress are complete and fit perfectly but my bustle needs some work since the hem is uneven when bustled. I have another fitting (hopefully my last) this Saturday to do one last check on fit and to check the bustle.

To be honest, I think I almost liked the way the dress fit when I tried it on as a sample and before I toned up and lost weight. With the weight loss I also lost my curves a bit.  I feel sweet and romantic which isnâ€t a bad thing, but I felt sexy/sultry before. But I also think the sample was cinched pretty tight with the clips that it wasnâ€t a realistic view of how the dress would actually end up.  Granted, I could have had the alterations taken in more, but I would struggle to walk, and sitting in any form would not have been an option.

Kristie – Any updates?    

Tova!

Happy to hear things are on track for you! I can't wait to see pictures of you on your wedding day in that dress!

Not so good news for me. I spent an hour at the alterations place, and cried. She took in the dress at my waist so that it would be tight and support the bust. Well now its too small around the bust and it was a struggle to do up. This resulted in it "pushing me boobs down" Hard to explain but it wasn't good. She took the cups out, put them back in, un did some stitches. I am going back tomorrow to talk to the manager and see what they can do. In my opinion a good seamstress should be able to alter anything. I ordered a  designer dress from a reputable bridal store, I ordered the size they told me, and now she is saying the styles doesn't work bc i have boobs. Maybe someone should have told me that when i ordered it?!?!?!

In regards to toning up, i can relate with you there. My dress actually fit almost perfect after the first alteration, but I have been working my bum off and have lost some weight and now have to deal with this ordeal.

Sooo I leave in 9 days. I need all the luck i can get.. please wish me luck.

Tova!

Happy to hear things are on track for you! I can't wait to see pictures of you on your wedding day in that dress!

Not so good news for me. I spent an hour at the alterations place, and cried. She took in the dress at my waist so that it would be tight and support the bust. Well now its too small around the bust and it was a struggle to do up. This resulted in it "pushing me boobs down" Hard to explain but it wasn't good. She took the cups out, put them back in, un did some stitches. I am going back tomorrow to talk to the manager and see what they can do. In my opinion a good seamstress should be able to alter anything. I ordered a  designer dress from a reputable bridal store, I ordered the size they told me, and now she is saying the styles doesn't work bc i have boobs. Maybe someone should have told me that when i ordered it?!?!?!

In regards to toning up, i can relate with you there. My dress actually fit almost perfect after the first alteration, but I have been working my bum off and have lost some weight and now have to deal with this ordeal.

Kristie, don't worry it will all work out. Wishing you lots of luck and the good news is there is still time for them (or someone else) to get it right!... after the next fitting if things still aren't good I would suggest that you take the dress to another seamstress so they have time to help you.  Start looking just in case for a reputable seamstress at this point it's worth paying the difference if it will make you a happy bride and your dress fits you perfectly ;) It will all work out. Just work on the backup plan is my suggestion ;)

Quote:

Quote:

Kristie – Any updates?    

That's awesome Tova, and Im sure a big relief!

Originally Posted by KDoyle View Post

Kristie, don't worry it will all work out. Wishing you lots of luck and the good news is there is still time for them (or someone else) to get it right!... after the next fitting if things still aren't good I would suggest that you take the dress to another seamstress so they have time to help you.  Start looking just in case for a reputable seamstress at this point it's worth paying the difference if it will make you a happy bride and your dress fits you perfectly ;) It will all work out. Just work on the backup plan is my suggestion ;)T

Thanks for the suggestion. I will do that.

Fingers crossed

Tova!

Ugh, Iâ€m so sorry Kristie. A Bride should never cry in her dress unless theyâ€re tears of happiness.

Youâ€re wearing a Mikaella right (tiered ruffled back?)? I make things up sometimes so correct me if Iâ€m wrong.  That dress is structured enough to give the support you need. Iâ€m not large up top, I actually have the opposite problem, but any reputable seamstress should be able to make the alterations required and specific to your needs.  It really frustrates me that sheâ€s pinning her incompetencyâ€s on your body; it was a red flag when they gave you ‘B†cups. Like you said  If it were truly an issue it should have been raised initially, and not mid-way through the alterations process. 

Regardless, I agree 100% with KDoyle and you need to find a back-up seamstress pronto.  Also look into anyone who makes custom dresses/special occasions wear.  If time permits today, I would even try and setup an appt for Saturday. Hopefully you wonâ€t need it, but at least  youâ€ll be ahead of the curve if you do, and wonâ€t lose any more time especially.

Itâ€s a bump in the road, but it will work itself out I promise.  9 days it plenty of time to get your dress altered to perfection. My seamstress proved this by completing my alterations within 24 hours and scheduling a final fitting within 72 hours. Just breath

XOXO

For scripts etc maybe check this? I found tons of cool ideas : http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/t/4785/unique-ceremonies And sending TONS AND TONS of well wishes to all of you ladies tying the knot (and refraining from burying ur fiancé's HAHA!!!) in may!!!! Breathe, what is out of your hands will be as it may. Just enjoy these moments :) xo

I know that inevitably on the day everything will work out fine, but this is just too much stress! I swear when it comes to me anything that can go wrong will. My rings have been screwed up and I have to find a new set at the same store equal or greater value of course, but when we bought them they were on sale. So I have that unexpected expense and I pray it will be sized corectly and back in time. My dress was terrible, but I go back on may 6 for another fitting. Hopefully it will be right this time and i won't have to pay extra. Not to mention now my mom tells me that she isn't coming because she doesn't think I want her there. (Totally irrational considering all I have offered her and included her in; and what a great relationship we have. I just can't pay her and her husbands whole way.) I should be really happy, but seriously I'm overdue for a meltdown! So my prayers are with you other ladies going through some my stresses. Surely it will all be worth it! I know I'm ready for the vacation part. That's the reason we did it this way anyway!

Ugh, I've got a million things going on too. Not to mention my fiancés parents have decided they are in fact going to the wedding now, and let us know less than 3 weeks away when I already had guest list related things done. Glad they are coming, but I am so over it. They said they would love to go initially, booked, then unbooked, then put a deposit down again, got that back and changed their minds, and now are going. Don't even ask, I don't even know! So aside from that I just have the normal stuff, final fitting Monday morning, tying up all loose ends like music for reception, figuring out packing wedding decor and items, making these stupid aisle runners I decided would be a great idea but they really weren't at all, etc...we leave 2 weeks from today! I want to lose a couple more pounds before we go too and I barely have time to work out anymore, so who knows if that'll happen! I'm just ready to get there at this point I just need a vacation!

Ugh, Iâ€m so sorry Kristie. A Bride should never cry in her dress unless theyâ€re tears of happiness.

Youâ€re wearing a Mikaella right (tiered ruffled back?)? I make things up sometimes so correct me if Iâ€m wrong.  That dress is structured enough to give the support you need. Iâ€m not large up top, I actually have the opposite problem, but any reputable seamstress should be able to make the alterations required and specific to your needs.  It really frustrates me that sheâ€s pinning her incompetencyâ€s on your body; it was a red flag when they gave you ‘B†cups. Like you said  If it were truly an issue it should have been raised initially, and not mid-way through the alterations process. 

Regardless, I agree 100% with KDoyle and you need to find a back-up seamstress pronto.  Also look into anyone who makes custom dresses/special occasions wear.  If time permits today, I would even try and setup an appt for Saturday. Hopefully you wonâ€t need it, but at least  youâ€ll be ahead of the curve if you do, and wonâ€t lose any more time especially.

Itâ€s a bump in the road, but it will work itself out I promise.  9 days it plenty of time to get your dress altered to perfection. My seamstress proved this by completing my alterations within 24 hours and scheduling a final fitting within 72 hours. Just breath

XOXO

Tova!

Great memory! Yes Mikaella 1508 (which has a tiered ruffle back) I did take KDoyles advise and made an appt for saturday at another seamstess just incase. I have an appointment with the bridal salon tonight again to speak with the manager so we will see how that goes. You are right, it will only take a day to fix once I find a capable seamstress!

Thanks for the kind words and for easing my stress!

On a happier note I will have my toes in the sand in 8 days! I cannot be happier and more excited!

( I will keep you all posted on the dress sitch before I leave)

-KT