May 2013 Brides

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

we won!!!  THANK YOU Dana!!! That's FREAKIN amazing!!! Wow! So happy for you guys! By the way...it's actually Danak...that's my nickname...the neighborhood kids couldn't pronounce my name "Lynette" so they would knock on the door and ask for "Danak" LOL My family now affectionately calls me that hahahaha Congratulations again! Kristen â¥

Originally Posted by MrsHK View Post

No worries ladies! If you need any more insider info, let me know! I'm going with a real touch bouquet that I will then put in a brass pitcher for our sweetheart table centrepiece. For the guests' tables we're using stems of flowers in a variety of bottles, jars and vases. Some I will get from the flower shop (I found one in Tulum!) and some I will have Vanessa Jaime deliver. I scrapped the fresh flower centrepieces, $70-$90 per table seemed like too much to spend on something that doesn't last past the evening. We're going to use a mix of lanterns, the bottles and vases and candles on the tables. No big expensive arrangements needed!

I wish I had an endless flower budget, not just for the wedding but for everyday! Haha maybe one day I'll pay to have fresh flowers delivered to the house every week :)

Ok this is a different type of "insider info" I'm searching for. :-)

My fiance's friend is a dj and he's coming with us to dj our wedding which we're both excited about. He's bringing his own equipment (mixer board, laptop, etc.) However, we are trying to find somewhere in Cancun that we can rent powered speakers (at least 800 watts) so he doesn't have to ship or bring some with him. Do you have any ideas or suggestions?

We're getting married at Excellence Playa Mujeres on May 4.

Lynn

Ahhhh 2 months from today I will be a married woman!!!!!!!!!! Still so much to do! And I feel I have no time! Menus Programs Finish OOT bags Centrepieces and table numbers Finalize flowers Decide and book hair and makeup Music playlists WRITE VOWS!!!!!! Dress alterations and jewellery Guestbook signs Seating chart Cake decorations There's probably more on that list but that's all I can think of right now.

Originally Posted by danak71 View Post

Ok this is a different type of "insider info" I'm searching for. :-)

My fiance's friend is a dj and he's coming with us to dj our wedding which we're both excited about. He's bringing his own equipment (mixer board, laptop, etc.) However, we are trying to find somewhere in Cancun that we can rent powered speakers (at least 800 watts) so he doesn't have to ship or bring some with him. Do you have any ideas or suggestions?

We're getting married at Excellence Playa Mujeres on May 4.

Lynn

This is the guy I'm using to rent 2 speakers and a microphone. Eduardo - eduardod@jsav.com 

The rental comes with delivery, set-up take down and an English speaking tech to help run the equipment. He could be there alongside your DJ to give him a hand with set-up. I haven't found any reviews for the company (although I haven't looked that hard) but they have been very fast to respond and their website looks great. He quoted me $550 for the whole thing. $350 for rental, $200 for round trip delivery. I'll probably tip the tech as well about $100 since he'll be there from 4pm to 1am and will be moving the equipment once. 

Rental includes:

JBL System A w WL mic Audio-Mixer- 4-Mic/Line-Input Mackie 1202-VLZ Per package: 1 Total: 1 CD Player-single Tascam CD-160 Per package: 1 Total: 1 Microphone-UHF-Combo Shure ULXP4 Per package: 1 Total: 1 Speaker Full Range Selfpowered JBL EON 15P-1 Per package: 2 Total: 2 Cable 3.5mm Stereo to 2x 1/4 Plug Mono for an Ipod    

The price is much better than the $800 +$120 tip our WC had quoted us for her recommended vendor. I'm finding that seeking things out on my own is working our better than just agreeing to everything I'm quoted from the WC. Her and her assistant are great and have found us some good deals on some things. I'm sure they will be amazing on the day of and am very happy we hired them, but I think I will continue to do my own research for pricing of some things. It is time consuming and hard work, but has save me lots of $$$ so far!

Originally Posted by Dazeydawl View Post

Ahhhh 2 months from today I will be a married woman!!!!!!!!!!

Still so much to do! And I feel I have no time!

Menus

Programs

Finish OOT bags

Centrepieces and table numbers

Finalize flowers

Decide and book hair and makeup

Music playlists

WRITE VOWS!!!!!!

Dress alterations and jewellery

Guestbook signs

Seating chart

Cake decorations

There's probably more on that list but that's all I can think of right now.

I'm feeling the same way! So many things to do, and the days keep ticking by. I'm also heading home to Vancouver for 3 weeks next week, so by the time I'm home I'll have just over a month to get all the little DIY things done. I'm picking up a bunch of stuff for the wedding in Vancouver (including my dress!) but I'll also have to make time for family and friends, plus keep up with working online during the weekdays.

I'm going to try and sit down with a calendar and schedule out each task. Seeing everything laid out in manageable bites will help ease the anxiety. We will all get everything done in time!

Make sure to ask your friends and family to help, that's what they are there for! A friend of mine was stressed about all her little things and she has some girls come over a couple of nights in a row with helping hands and it was all done.

CUTE IDEA!

I'll Go

Resort: Beach Palace

Where: Cancun, Mexico

Dates: 05/11/13- 05/18/13

Originally Posted by melnryluvco View Post

So even though we're all getting married in May I thought it would be fun to post a few pics about where each of us are getting married. I'd love to see a lil bit about all the fun locations you ladies are getting hitched. So I'll start..

Resort: Now Sapphire

Where: Riviera Maya, Mexico

Dates: 05/27/13-06/03/13

image-2704_9105.jpg

Now_Sapphire_Riviera_Cancun.jpg

I should really sit Down And do a timeline and put deadlines for everything. I have a problem asking people for help, I feel with so little people attending the wedding (32) i just want everything to be a surprise for everyone. Not even my mom knows half the things I've been working on. Only the lovely ladies of BDS know all my secrets lol I am however almost finished another DIY project. I was just gonna post all my projects on my planning thread as there are already multiple threads dedicated to most of my projects but I have yet to come across a thread for DIY wedding banners. So ill give my May brides to be a sneak peek of a DIY thread I might post soon. 400 400 This is actually on reversible banner! Just have to punch the holes and thread my purple ribbon through. I also have a second one that says just married and is reversible as well with the other side saying thank you. The banners pictured are for photo props as well as maybe ill put the love one on the cake table. The just married banner will be for our head table and thank you is a photo prop for our thank you cards we will have printed!