May 2013 Brides

Originally Posted by heather1214 View Post

I didn't have a good experience with TaiFlora, the communication was well... there wasn't any haha.  I feel that if I'm spending a great deal of money at a business, (our flower budget was $2,000-$2,500) waiting over a month is entirely to long for a response.  No matter how busy they are.  I have learned patience from this process, but I e-mailed them back in August/September and STILL no response!  I laugh because it's just crazy!

We went with Floral Fantasies.  Their pricing is much better from what I've been seeing from TaiFlora comments on here.  I'm working with Chantal specifically.  They do charge a delivery fee, and as long as they aren't "staying" all day, they don't charge a vendor fee for them. (Get that in writing yourself though from the WC, to be safe!)

I sent her pictures and she offered suggestions and has sent multiple pictures of different vase options.  We are also renting chairs from them b/c I hate the chair covers that are offered.  We are paying for the girls bouquets and I think it was a $10 rental for the vase for the reception. 

My experience so far with flowers has been the easiest of all the planning!  I just pray the flowers are as nice as she promises they will be!

OMG you sound just like me hahahaha. I have no desire to use the chairs from the resort either -so I plan on renting them as well. Thanks for the referral on Jans Flowers I sent them an inquiry but so far haven't had a response and its been weeks. They are actually a preferred Vendor now at the Riu (before it was just TaiFlora) so I won't have to pay a fee. I think I will try to email her at the email address the resort gave me --I had emailed originally from their website -maybe it never went through. 

I am sure all will go well with your flowers -sounds like you did your research ;)  Thanks again!

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally Posted by PuntaBride View Post

I am so excited!  I finished my barefoot sandals. Eeeek!  Now that I know how to do them I am going to help the rest of my girls do them.  So fun!!!

These are amazing! I've been trying to figure out how to do a pair for myself. Any chance you'd take a few step by step pictures when you do them with your girls? I'd love a little help in this area! Thanks :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by melnryluvco View Post

My gosh! I could seriously kiss you right now! I feel like I have a spy on the the other side who is passing vital information to us!! Thank you so much for all your input. It is very much appricated.

Quote:

Originally Posted by cherany View Post

Ditto!  I feel so much more confident about DIY flowers now!  Was really nervous about that part of things and was feeling like I had to spend hundreds of dollars we can't really afford, just to ease my mind about it.  I doubt I will book an expensive florist now. 

No worries ladies! If you need any more insider info, let me know! I'm going with a real touch bouquet that I will then put in a brass pitcher for our sweetheart table centrepiece. For the guests' tables we're using stems of flowers in a variety of bottles, jars and vases. Some I will get from the flower shop (I found one in Tulum!) and some I will have Vanessa Jaime deliver. I scrapped the fresh flower centrepieces, $70-$90 per table seemed like too much to spend on something that doesn't last past the evening. We're going to use a mix of lanterns, the bottles and vases and candles on the tables. No big expensive arrangements needed!

I wish I had an endless flower budget, not just for the wedding but for everyday! Haha maybe one day I'll pay to have fresh flowers delivered to the house every week :)

Originally Posted by PuntaBride View Post

THANKS!!! I'm really proud and love doing arts and crafts lol

I never had seen anything like this until Pinterest.  I've always been a beader so I thought I would give it a go.  Maybe I will start an etsy account :) lol

I love your barefoot sandals! Would you by any chance want to do a step-by-step guide for us girls that are having trouble doing it ourselves, maybe when you do them with you girls? And yes, you should for sure start an Etsy account for those that don't want to make them! Yours are some of the best I've seen, DIY or for sale online.

Originally Posted by MrsHK View Post

No worries ladies! If you need any more insider info, let me know! I'm going with a real touch bouquet that I will then put in a brass pitcher for our sweetheart table centrepiece. For the guests' tables we're using stems of flowers in a variety of bottles, jars and vases. Some I will get from the flower shop (I found one in Tulum!) and some I will have Vanessa Jaime deliver. I scrapped the fresh flower centrepieces, $70-$90 per table seemed like too much to spend on something that doesn't last past the evening. We're going to use a mix of lanterns, the bottles and vases and candles on the tables. No big expensive arrangements needed!

I wish I had an endless flower budget, not just for the wedding but for everyday! Haha maybe one day I'll pay to have fresh flowers delivered to the house every week :)

That's exactly what we're doing. And when I say "we're" that's the ole royal "We". I'm pretty sure my FI is going to be just as surprised as our guests. Anyways, we're doing laterns and sea glass bottels with single steam flowers in the vases. Even if I did have an endless budget to spend on flowers not sure I'd want to. Seems a lil over the top to have thousands of flowers when you have a beautiful beach backdrop! Speaking of single steam flowers. Where was the best place to get gerbera daisies in the Riviera Maya aka Now Sapphire area?

I will ask my May Brides since you all are the quickest to respond. So I have a Maid of Honor, a Man of Honor, and 3 BM. I have the girls gifts figured out but what do I do for my Man of Honor/GBFF(Gay Best Friend)? I have a cute flask so far but I am at a total loss. I mean it's not like the groomsmen stuff (ie Golf stuff and Beer) so what now??? And I don't think he'd enjoy lipgloss and pink spanx like the girls. UGH I need some ideas ladies!

Originally Posted by melnryluvco View Post

I will ask my May Brides since you all are the quickest to respond. So I have a Maid of Honor, a Man of Honor, and 3 BM. I have the girls gifts figured out but what do I do for my Man of Honor/GBFF(Gay Best Friend)? I have a cute flask so far but I am at a total loss. I mean it's not like the groomsmen stuff (ie Golf stuff and Beer) so what now??? And I don't think he'd enjoy lipgloss and pink spanx like the girls. UGH I need some ideas ladies!

How about a Watch?  My FI is doing watches for all the Groomsmen

I recently bought FI a really nice leather wallet from coach and he wasn't as impressed with it as I was. He asked me if they had any money clips. He's sick of wearing a bulky wallet. And oddly enough, I had looked at some beautiful leather money clips there as well but thought for sure he wouldn't want that. So there's a thought. 

Or maybe make him a gift set of his fave things...alcohol, $ clip, the flask and some candy or something. Or even a gift card to his barber for a facial and haircut. That's a tough one...i don't envy you. 

We got our groomsmen some nice monogramed shaving bags. Great for travel! We also got them hand forged bottle openers. Both from etsy 400 400

Originally Posted by melnryluvco View Post

That's exactly what we're doing. And when I say "we're" that's the ole royal "We". I'm pretty sure my FI is going to be just as surprised as our guests. Anyways, we're doing laterns and sea glass bottels with single steam flowers in the vases. Even if I did have an endless budget to spend on flowers not sure I'd want to. Seems a lil over the top to have thousands of flowers when you have a beautiful beach backdrop! Speaking of single steam flowers. Where was the best place to get gerbera daisies in the Riviera Maya aka Now Sapphire area?

Both the Now Sapphire and Now Jade resorts are near a small fishing town called Puerto Morelos. It's halfway between Playa Del Carmen and Cancun so you could go to either city to find a flower store. I live in Playa and rarely head up to Cancun so I don't know any specific locations, although I'm sure you could ask anyone in Cancun where a flower shop is and they'd be able to point you in the right direction. Cancun is a much busier and bigger city than Playa.

I can only speak for flower shop prices and locations in Playa Del Carmen. The flower store I recommend in Playa is on the corner of 30th Av and Calle 16. It is called Floreria Sac-Nah and is right across the street from the Walmart. Their email address is sacnah@hotmail.com. They don't speak English so I reccomend using Google translate if you want to email them to pre order your flowers. I would say you're having a gathering of friends and don't need them arranged (they charge more for arranging), and don't mention they are for a wedding!! I wouldn't do it too far in advance either since "gatherings of friends" aren't usually planned months ahead of time.

Their price for gerber daisies is 220 pesos or $17.24. I'm sure they have lots of colours!