May 2013 Brides

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally Posted by ChocoTaco7568 View Post

Ugh, people can be so disappointing.  But Iâ€m glad you were able to find a quick alternate. If you get a moment and want to satisfy the curiousity of many, maybe you can post a couple of pics… please.

Hey Tova, once I get them back from the printer I definitely will post pics (I'm hoping Friday)! The paper I chose for the cover was too textured for my printer at home so I sent the whole job to the printer. Plus I really didn't feel like being bothered with cutting, rounding corners, drilling holes, etc. I have so much respect and admiration for you DIY ladies, I'm just useless when it comes to that stuff!

Thanks ladies for your comments!   I am so happy to have someone to vent with/to!  My FI totally does not understand why I am upset about this.  Uhura526:  I don't think it is me.  I think it has to do with the guys and their brattyness.  Let me give you an example:  When we were looking to purchase a gift for my FI's BM's wedding, the BM for that wedding (who is also one of the groomsmen for our wedding) told us that we were being cheap for only wanting to spend $150 and we had to spend way more than that on the gift.  My FI relented and we ended up spending over $200 on the gift.  I have a bunch of other examples I could give but I don't want to bore you all.  I really wish my FI would re-assess his relationships, but he refuses to even here me out on this - he keeps saying "these are my best friends."   

Originally Posted by uhura526 View Post

Sorry your FI is going through this.  All I have to say about that is, I think your FI needs to re-assess some of these relationships, especially the Best Man.  That's not right for him to ask for concessions and he should be ashamed of himself for even asking, especially when he makes a good living. Honestly,  I am so glad we chose not to have a bridal party. I just have my MOH and he has one BM and they are married to each other and we have a flower girl.  I went to the wedding of my FBIL and he had issues with his groomsmen because they all flaked because they didn't like his bride. My FI was of course there for him, but he needed three other guys. None of his "best friends from back in the day" even showed up to the wedding. The guys who were in the wedding were guys he met in the military and they didn't know his bride.  Do you think these guys are giving him a hard time because they have a problem with you?

MissBubbles205:  I told my FI to tell his BM "no" and to have a serious talk telling the guys that if they don't feel comfortable with the cost, that they don't need to be there - we will understand.  My FI only ended up saying the first part I believe.  He really wants his guys to be there...

These guys have known about the destination wedding since January 2012.  They have had plenty of time to save.  We have saved plenty so if they cared to they would have saved as well.

Originally Posted by MissBubbles205 View Post

WOW.. I truly feel your frustration.. I am also total appaled by someone who makes good money to ask for someone else to pay for his trip. Your FI paid more towards his BM's wedding than yall are asking him to pay. I see it as that person is not a true friend to him. I honestly feel so terrible for your FI. What did he tell him?

I personally feel that if someone cannot afford the trip, then I totally understand. Just let me know up front and I will ask someone else to step in. My FI knew of one guy that he wanted as his BM and before my FI asked him he was all about going no matter what. But his wife jerked his chain and is refusing to go due to not leaving their child at home or traveling with her.. Yet they are going to our Destination wedding spot this month.. All done after the whole ordeal. So I feel soo bad for my FI. He doesn't even want to ask anyone to be on his side until they have booked their trip. I see where he is coming from as I have asked 5 girls and I'm not sure who will really go. They are seem excited but this week one or two are using money excuse. I kinda told them that I understand if anyone has money issues, but I would like to know now (should have known months ago) so that I can make other arrangements if needed. I'm sorry but I will not accept the excuse of "I have no money" a couple of months before the wedding when I asked these friends to be by my side well over a year in advance.

My FI and I set up a savings account and put away $100 each a week. We have it withdrawn automatically and we never miss the money. With that, we have went in halvies on everything and purchased our photog with a deposit $500, travel arrangements $3011, my dress $1000, and still have a ton saved. <--- the best idea my fiance has ever come up with!! :o) Other than marrying me of course.. lol.  But honestly great idea if any of you ladies feel the frustration of saving. I have also told my friends about our saving advice and a few are starting to do the same. :o)

Tulumbride2013:  I have heard of ppl paying for their bridal party.  I honestly wish we had that much money, but even if we did have that much money there are so many ppl before these guys that I would pay for like family members. 

Originally Posted by Tulumbride2013 View Post

Court
Wow. I'm really sorry this happened to you! I can't believe they just asked like that! That's rude. I remember reading that some people do help out with the trips, but you can't make them your priority. That probably really but your FI on the spot. My moh dropped out six months after being informed of our wedding, so I have been there with the money and attendants. She never asked for money but she definetly hinted, and I just said I'm sorry you can't come, no hard feelings. This is already costing you a ton and that's absurd to ask for handouts! Hope you get this sorted out:(

Thanks for the comments!  I love the support that we all give eachother!!  May 2013 brides!

that's a popular and lovely combo for destination weddings.  I like that.  I didn't know how much I actually liked orange until I started planning my wedding lol
Orange is so tropical! Honestly I fell in love with the Tiffany blueish teal and loved the way orange star fish accented my inspiration pics. So It just floated in as my second color. I had no idea it was such a popular combo! But it is.... I considered changing to be more original. But what ev... Lol... I'll make it my own!

Originally Posted by CourtandMatt View Post

Thanks ladies for your comments!   I am so happy to have someone to vent with/to!  My FI totally does not understand why I am upset about this.  Uhura526:  I don't think it is me.  I think it has to do with the guys and their brattyness.  Let me give you an example:  When we were looking to purchase a gift for my FI's BM's wedding, the BM for that wedding (who is also one of the groomsmen for our wedding) told us that we were being cheap for only wanting to spend $150 and we had to spend way more than that on the gift.  My FI relented and we ended up spending over $200 on the gift.  I have a bunch of other examples I could give but I don't want to bore you all.  I really wish my FI would re-assess his relationships, but he refuses to even here me out on this - he keeps saying "these are my best friends."   

MissBubbles205:  I told my FI to tell his BM "no" and to have a serious talk telling the guys that if they don't feel comfortable with the cost, that they don't need to be there - we will understand.  My FI only ended up saying the first part I believe.  He really wants his guys to be there...

These guys have known about the destination wedding since January 2012.  They have had plenty of time to save.  We have saved plenty so if they cared to they would have saved as well.

Tulumbride2013:  I have heard of ppl paying for their bridal party.  I honestly wish we had that much money, but even if we did have that much money there are so many ppl before these guys that I would pay for like family members. 

Thanks for the comments!  I love the support that we all give eachother!!  May 2013 brides!

was your FI in a fraternity or something?  curious...but anyway I can feel your pain about foreseeing some major drama that might go down in the future and you want to nip it in the bud now.  I hope your FI will relent to YOU and give this some serious thought.  Hope things go smoothly here on out. Keep us posted on what happens. 

Originally Posted by Tulumbride2013 View Post

Orange is so tropical! Honestly I fell in love with the Tiffany blueish teal and loved the way orange star fish accented my inspiration pics. So It just floated in as my second color. I had no idea it was such a popular combo! But it is.... I considered changing to be more original. But what ev... Lol... I'll make it my own!

You don't see that type of color combination in weddings here in the states though, so it will be different and unique to your guests for sure!  Purple has always been my favorite color so that had to be in the mix at a minimum. I came up with the orange because of the bouquet I saw that I wanted. I thought the purple orchids (my favorite flower!) blended very well with the orange roses.  So that was my second color. My FI just goes along with it. He's not particular about that kind of thing so I had free reign.  I am so excited to plan out my decor. I'm getting some ideas, but I want my WP to send me some photos of past weddings they've done at our venue to see if I like anything.  

I got a mock up of my invitation from the printer today! I'm so excited...I really like them. Sorry the pictures look so grainy...I guess it's my iphone...they don't look that way in person

post-54601-138622426283_thumb.jpg

post-54601-138622426289_thumb.jpg

post-54601-138622426291_thumb.jpg

post-54601-138622426298_thumb.jpg

post-54601-138622426351_thumb.jpg

post-54601-138622426356_thumb.jpg

post-54601-138622426361_thumb.jpg

post-54601-138622426367_thumb.jpg

post-54601-138622426374_thumb.jpg