May 2013 Brides

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dazeydawl View Post

That could be cute but i think i want more color.. the pocketfolds being brown i think is enough. now i have the purple ribbon....

I know your very crafty and creative when left to your own decives, and chancce are you've already come up with something brilliant in your dreams last night...but here's a final thought/suggestion.  I'm it could be neat if instead of the flat coral band if your created your own floral pattern using the coral and eggplant dahlia images that are on your invite and maybe use the purple ribbon that was just purchased instead of the burplap to create a two layered bellybandand maybe finish it off with a grey twine tie as shown:

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally Posted by ChocoTaco7568 View Post

I posted this to the ring thread, but yiou ladies seem to be quicker to respond and more helpful... Due my inability to find a wedding band that I actually like Justin and I have decide to go custom for both our bands and I will have my Asscher reset into a 3-stone as shown.  Iâ€m in the design phase and I'm stuck on one minor detail as to how I want my baguettes and rounds to alternate.  Let me know if you have a preference…

First of all....HOLY BUCKETS Your ring is amazballs!! Ok now that's out of the I like the baguettes on the end. It gives the eye a defined line and defination to the band!

Ok so on the topic of invitations...We're getting married May 31 and we're doing our AHR Labor Day weekend 2013. What is proper guidlines to sending out DW invites and invites to the AHR? Do I send the guests going to our DW invites and send everyone else a save the date for our AHR or do I need to send out invites to the AHR? I just don't want anyone not going to our DW feeling snubbed that they didn't get an invite. At the same time not everyone we're inviting to our AHR is invited to our DW. UGH I hate these kind of things...damned if you do and damned if you don't. Please help a sister out with any advice wink.gif

Originally Posted by melnryluvco View Post

Ok so on the topic of invitations...We're getting married May 31 and we're doing our AHR Labor Day weekend 2013. What is proper guidlines to sending out DW invites and invites to the AHR? Do I send the guests going to our DW invites and send everyone else a save the date for our AHR or do I need to send out invites to the AHR? I just don't want anyone not going to our DW feeling snubbed that they didn't get an invite. At the same time not everyone we're inviting to our AHR is invited to our DW. UGH I hate these kind of things...damned if you do and damned if you don't. Please help a sister out with any advice wink.gif

We're getting married 05/18 and recently decided to have an AHR is in my Fi's hometown on 07/27.  We're having a Mexican Fiesta themed party in a park and we're are not doing formal invites.  We're killing two birds with one stone by doing a combined wedding announcement/AHR STD  for guest who weren't invited to the wedding and a Thank You/AHR STD for those who were.   Both will be accompanied by an RSVP card so we can get an approximate head count, but that's it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by melnryluvco View Post

First of all....HOLY BUCKETS Your ring is amazballs!! Ok now that's out of the I like the baguettes on the end. It gives the eye a defined line and defination to the band!

Awesome reaction, thank you! I'm glad your opinion agrees with the direction I gave my jeweler last night. I'm so excited, It's going to drive me crazy knowing that my wedding band will just sit in  a safe for 6 months and that I'll be engagement ring-less for a bit while my asscher get's reset... but it will all be worth it.

on the topic of engagement rings and wedding bands, is it customary to get them fused together or personal preference or both?  We haven't looked at wedding bands yet, in person, but I've browsed the Tiffany site to see what goes with my engagement ring.  Probably won't purchase until December/January.

Quote:

Originally Posted by uhura526 View Post

on the topic of engagement rings and wedding bands, is it customary to get them fused together or personal preference or both?  We haven't looked at wedding bands yet, in person, but I've browsed the Tiffany site to see what goes with my engagement ring.  Probably won't purchase until December/January.

I think to fuse or not to fuse is a question of preference.  I won't have my rings fused but I know many brides that do.  I like the option of wearing my ring's seperatly especially since I see stacking in my future.  A lot of brides hate that their rings spin and become misaligned which can be especially true for 1/2 eternity settings dependent on how they're constructed. 

Are you planning on a 1/2 or full eternity?

Originally Posted by ChocoTaco7568 View Post

Another note, some brides fuse their rings so the diamonds on the e-ring and/or wedding band band don't eat away at each other which can occur do to spinning, Again this is based on the setting of your rings and my not be a concern for you.

I am thinking half eternity.  I have a solitaire engagement ring.  I will probably not fuse them together though. I hadn't really thought about this in depth but now that I am, I do like the idea of having two separate rings.  We'll see if it ends up annoying me in the end.

Hey Ladies!

I dont know how many of you are doing OOT bags.. I originally bought some great large beach bags from Target's $1 section for $2.50.  They are pretty big and we are doing 1 per couple (35 bags total) so I started contemplating:

1. They will take up more than half of a big suitcase 2. Since they are so big, I'll need a lot of extras to fill them (which is MORE stuff to travel with) 3. we are also giving towels, and the colors didn't all work together since there are 4 different color bags and lots of different towels.

So I started looking for something else and I found these at oriental trading.  My FI and I are going to use a black and white picture of us holding "thank you" signs to put in the "frame" on the bag.  best part $7.00 for 12!!!  Just thought I'd share because they are super cute!!!

http://www.orientaltrading.com/medium-photo-frame-gift-bags-a2-3_7477-12-1.fltr?Ntt=photo+gift+bag

Originally Posted by heather1214 View Post

Hey Ladies!

I dont know how many of you are doing OOT bags.. I originally bought some great large beach bags from Target's $1 section for $2.50.  They are pretty big and we are doing 1 per couple (35 bags total) so I started contemplating:

1. They will take up more than half of a big suitcase 2. Since they are so big, I'll need a lot of extras to fill them (which is MORE stuff to travel with) 3. we are also giving towels, and the colors didn't all work together since there are 4 different color bags and lots of different towels.

So I started looking for something else and I found these at oriental trading.  My FI and I are going to use a black and white picture of us holding "thank you" signs to put in the "frame" on the bag.  best part $7.00 for 12!!!  Just thought I'd share because they are super cute!!!

http://www.orientaltrading.com/medium-photo-frame-gift-bags-a2-3_7477-12-1.fltr?Ntt=photo+gift+bag

Super cute bags!!

I too bought bags from Target... But also Paper bags from OT.com that says welcome to our wedding... Not sure what to do.. I love our totes, but they are big!  I may just lay them out on a table at our welcome dinner (1 per couple) along with the paper bags for each couple filled with goodies.