May 2013 Brides

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi I'm new to this site. I am a May 2013 bride but after reading all the posts, I feel like I may be in trouble. I have not booked anything yet. I recently contacted Excellence Punta Cana to find out what dates are available but have not heard back yet. I'm a little worried now that I may be too behind to pull off a May 2013 wedding.

I have been so busy, and miss my May 2013 brides!!  I just had to read through so many posts to catch up :)  My wedding dress appointment is made, but now I am worried I am a little behind because it seems like so many of you have found yours already.  I am SO in love with Maggie Sottero as well.  I wanted to keep it around $1000, but it seems like she is more around $1500.  What have you girls budgeted?  Miss Bubbles, my diet is SO back and forth- def been doing good, but I work super late and had to do a McDonalds run late night so after I read your post the other day I didn't feel so guilty :)  I am working on getting my dress and the girls.  I think I am deciding on a sapphire blue dresses and have each girl pick their own style.  Are you girls doing shoes, barefoot????  I am torn.  I like barefoot idea, but the the silly part of me wants an excuse to find some cute heels!  HELP ME!!!  

Originally Posted by bride81 View Post

I have been so busy, and miss my May 2013 brides!!  I just had to read through so many posts to catch up :)  My wedding dress appointment is made, but now I am worried I am a little behind because it seems like so many of you have found yours already.  I am SO in love with Maggie Sottero as well.  I wanted to keep it around $1000, but it seems like she is more around $1500.  What have you girls budgeted?  Miss Bubbles, my diet is SO back and forth- def been doing good, but I work super late and had to do a McDonalds run late night so after I read your post the other day I didn't feel so guilty :)  I am working on getting my dress and the girls.  I think I am deciding on a sapphire blue dresses and have each girl pick their own style.  Are you girls doing shoes, barefoot????  I am torn.  I like barefoot idea, but the the silly part of me wants an excuse to find some cute heels!  HELP ME!!!  

I don't think you are behind.  I think you are right on schedule!  I am also letting my girls pick their own dresses, it's such a great idea!  

I'm doing barefoot for the ceremony, but we will need shoes for the dinner and reception ... and definitely for the disco.  So, we have an excuse to get some pretty heals too!

Quote:

Originally Posted by bride81 View Post

Hey Chica!  Fear not, you're right on schedule.  If anything, most of us are just earlier planners an ahead of shcedule. 

Regarding the dress, If you're open to buying a sample, looking at dresses that are +/- 25% over budget is acceptable since most samples are discounted between 20%-50%.  Also, there are quite a few websites that cater to selling new, used and sample dress.  These are definitely worth checking out. Unfortunately there are a lot of brides who have bought a dress, had their weddings canceled and now need to sell them that utilize these websites. Good Luck and be encouraged. You will find the dress that makes your heart sing.

I have purchased shoes, it was a wedding day necessity for me.  But Iâ€m also not getting married in the sand.  Even if I were, I would want a hot pair of shoes for the reception and photo opps.  But theyâ€re arenâ€t convential wedding shoes.  Theyâ€re versatile enough to wear for future formal events, so Iâ€m happy with the purchase.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rpc51 View Post

Hi I'm new to this site. I am a May 2013 bride but after reading all the posts, I feel like I may be in trouble. I have not booked anything yet. I recently contacted Excellence Punta Cana to find out what dates are available but have not heard back yet. I'm a little worried now that I may be too behind to pull off a May 2013 wedding.

It's definitely not too late to for a May 2013 wedding, but finiding a venue and confirming the date is of utmost importance. Everything else will easily fall into place once this is done.  

You also want to ensure that you give your guests enough time to plan and save. But there are plenty of BDW brides who have planened beautiful wedding within a 6-9 month time frame.

Good luck, and let us know if you have any questions.

You should check out a great trunk show that goes to a great cause. It's called Brides Against Breast Cancer and all the dresses are brand new and donated from the designers or retailers. When I went they had a ton of Maggie Sottero dresses. Most dresses are 50%-75% off the retail price and ALL the proceedes go to women with breast cancer! So you can get your designer dress and help out women with breast cancer!