May 2013 Brides

Originally Posted by PuntaBride View Post

Congratulations JoeJoe, and welcome to the forum.  Don't be overwhelmed by everything that people have gotten started on!  You've done the important part by booking your date and choosing your resort.  Your next step is definitely to get out the STDs and get in contact with a travel agent and get some group pricing for the trip (better than booking individually).  I did this and got a great deal (saved about $300 each).  My guests have 90 days to pay their deposit and we are guaranteed a one time price adjustment up until March 1st.  So should the price go down we can get a refund for the overpayment.  So far I have 35 guests who have payed their deposits.  I knew by sending out my invites so early that a lot of people wouldn't be able to commit so far in advance, so i included a "ask me again in 6 months" spot on my RSVP card.  I'm hoping to get a second group rate in January for anyone that might be wanting to book at that time.  I personally would want to know all the financial information early enough so I had time to save and book vacation time.  I have pictures of my boarding pass invites somewhere on here too!

Once you are in contact with the resort they should send you a wedding package with all of the info pertaining to the ceremony, reception, dinner, decorations, and the fees.  

Thank you for your feedback. The biggest problem i am having right now is my family's Indecisiveness. i feel like gathering them all and Yelling "Get it together!!" but im not haha. The main issue with my relatives has been the money. Its not a costly vacation that we are asking them to have but i think that's how they see it.

Gotta love the relatives

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally Posted by JoeJoeT View Post

Thank you for your feedback. The biggest problem i am having right now is my family's Indecisiveness. i feel like gathering them all and Yelling "Get it together!!" but im not haha. The main issue with my relatives has been the money. Its not a costly vacation that we are asking them to have but i think that's how they see it.

Gotta love the relatives

Yeah, it's the compromise you have to make when you decide to do the destination route - you know not everyone will be able to come along.  It's so hard to please everyone.  Everyone has an opinion whether it's asked for or not lol

Where are you traveling from?

Thank you for being so helpful ! your website is amazing! it was free to create? I have been looking into the beach bags but the cost is around $20 per bag and I think it's a bit pricey. Dollar Tree is a good idea :)

Thank you! :o)    Yes ma'am, it is FREE. It also has a great wedding budget to keep track of everything you purchase. I most of all loved how I could add all of my invited guests so that they could find their names and RSVP. I've heard nothing but great commentsfrom our guests about how informative our site was with information.  You should def create one. :o)

Yikes!  Yea, beach bags can be very pricey. Mine were $1 and pretty large. I have pic on my profile showing how I put an extra large towel and 2 liter coke and it had plenty of room. What are your wedding colors? I can try to help you find something online that you like for a reasonable price. :o)  

I have been on line for a week trying to get a civil judge confirmed. We finally have a date for April at the majestic elegance in Punta Cana. Anyone out there who has gotten married there and can give me a heads up on what it was like or tips for planning. What is included in packages for example and what I need to do myself. For example will the be a dance and an opportunity for the first dance with my groom. Lots of questions!!!

I have been on line for a week trying to get a civil judge confirmed. We finally have a date for April at the majestic elegance in Punta Cana. Anyone out there who has gotten married there and can give me a heads up on what it was like or tips for planning. What is included in packages for example and what I need to do myself. For example will the be a dance and an opportunity for the first dance with my groom. Lots of questions!!!
Welcome to BDW. This is the May 2013, so we won't be very helpful in proving any insight based on experience since none of us have gotten married yet. You may want to do a search for your specific resort to get the best feedback. Happy planning.

Originally Posted by Newfiegirl40 View Post

Hi There,

Email the resort.  You can request they send you all of the information regarding the packages right down to the fine details.  You can have a private reception and play music for your first dance.  That is what I plan to do!

Gotta love the relatives

We had the same issue, in fact, not one member of my extended family are coming, just my parents and my sisters.  We have 40 guests in total, and most are friends.  But it is YOUR day, and we spent weeks agonizing about our decision, the guilt is just ridiculous sometimes, but you are getting married for YOU and whoever wants to be there, will be there.  We're running into issues now with our extended families and some other invitees yapping on about how they are going to play travel agent and find a better deal, last-minute.  Oh no they're not!  We have to be more forceful and lay the smack down- I saw someone post a 3mth deadline for final RSVPs and I think that's perfect.  If you don't know 3mths in advance, then it likely isn't going to happen!

Our relatives don't like the perceived control- I'm not going to be told where to vacation, and when to go, and how much to pay".  Ok then, make your choice! 

Your day will be beautiful, and those important to you, will be there!!!!! 

Originally Posted by khunt29 View Post

We had the same issue, in fact, not one member of my extended family are coming, just my parents and my sisters.  We have 40 guests in total, and most are friends.  But it is YOUR day, and we spent weeks agonizing about our decision, the guilt is just ridiculous sometimes, but you are getting married for YOU and whoever wants to be there, will be there.  We're running into issues now with our extended families and some other invitees yapping on about how they are going to play travel agent and find a better deal, last-minute.  Oh no they're not!  We have to be more forceful and lay the smack down- I saw someone post a 3mth deadline for final RSVPs and I think that's perfect.  If you don't know 3mths in advance, then it likely isn't going to happen!

Our relatives don't like the perceived control- I'm not going to be told where to vacation, and when to go, and how much to pay".  Ok then, make your choice! 

Your day will be beautiful, and those important to you, will be there!!!!! 

I am so going through the same thing!! It's so hard but it gets a bit worse for me. My mother in law is upset because i am marrying her baby and she told us not ONCE or TWICE, several times that she is not going to our wedding. Itâ€s heartbreaking :( Iâ€ve known her for 4 years and Iâ€ve never saw this side of her… itâ€s sad !

So as of right now only my immediate family is going, my fiancéeâ€s sister and her family, an aunt of my fiancée and that is all for him… oh and a lot of our friends (his mom and brother are not going) So we have a total of 40 people joining us. He told me several times that he doesnâ€t care if no one from his family shows up, as long as I show up that is all he cares about. J

Heâ€s told me several times that if they care about us they will be there for us. If they donâ€t care, they wonâ€t show up. I agree with him

Originally Posted by PuntaBride View Post

Yeah, it's the compromise you have to make when you decide to do the destination route - you know not everyone will be able to come along.  It's so hard to please everyone.  Everyone has an opinion whether it's asked for or not lol

Where are you traveling from?

Itâ€s extremely hard trying to please every single person. I live in California, we are traveling from Los Angeles all the way to the Bahamas.

I am so going through the same thing!! It's so hard but it gets a bit worse for me. My mother in law is upset because i am marrying her baby and she told us not ONCE or TWICE, several times that she is not going to our wedding. Itâ€s heartbreaking :( Iâ€ve known her for 4 years and Iâ€ve never saw this side of her… itâ€s sad !

So as of right now only my immediate family is going, my fiancéeâ€s sister and her family, an aunt of my fiancée and that is all for him… oh and a lot of our friends (his mom and brother are not going) So we have a total of 40 people joining us. He told me several times that he doesnâ€t care if no one from his family shows up, as long as I show up that is all he cares about. J

Heâ€s told me several times that if they care about us they will be there for us. If they donâ€t care, they wonâ€t show up. I agree with him

Sorry to hear that, that is no way for her to be though. You and him are the main people and the only people that truly matter! :o)

So don't let her think it's getting the best of you with her rude comments, just be happy that you are in love!  This is about yall and not her. ;o)