I Got My Veil!!!

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 JulieG

• VIP Member
  • 8,323 posts

Posted 24 September 2007 - 11:50 AM

Alright, I am soo happy. I will start with some background. (this is going to be long)

I bought a veil a few months back that I liked, but did not LOVE. I bought it because it was cheap and nice and I am too broke right now to spend more money on a veil.

I went with one of my BM's to pick up her dress and the put us in a room upstairs. She is getting married next August, so I made her try some dresses on because she has not done that yet. So, while finding dresses for her I stumbled across a veil. I LOVED IT!!! It was exactly what I was looking for. There was no price tag on it, so I asked the girl working there. She came back up and said it was $179. My heart sunk because I knew I could not buy it. My BM even said "maybe I should buy it and you can wear it first". I thought that was soooo sweet, but she does not even have a dress yet, the veil might look terrible. So I said thank you, but I can't let you do that.

Right after I left the store my mom called me, so naturally I told her all about it. She agreed that it was too much to spend right now.

I asked FH when I got home if I could have it, he said no, it was too much money to spend right now (he did not know I already had one). So, I was crushed but let it go.

Yesterday was my shower. I opened my mom's present second last. I opened the box and saw a sticker that said Bridal Wreath and my heart started to beat fast and I got tears in my eyes, and then I cried a little. I opened the tissue and it was my veil. My mom got it for me.

She actually ran to the store when I got off the phone with her and told the lady I was just there and tried on the veil. The woman remembered me because I loved it. She said it just came in THAT DAY and that is why there was no price on it. I was the first and only person to try it on. She said "it was meant to be".

Sorry, I just had to gush cause I am sooo happy. I have no idea why because its just a veil, but it spoke to me, I swear. And then my mom did the sweetest thing.

I do not have a pic, FH was home last night when I got home from the shower. I will try to take one tonight, but its hard to do by myself. I do have a fitting on Saturday, so maybe I will wait till then and try it all on together. Sorry for the long post, but I had to tell you all how happy I am and how sweet my mother is.

#2 boscobel

• VIP Member
    • 24,213 posts

Posted 24 September 2007 - 11:53 AM

Awww, I love your mom! I got tears!!! I am so happy for you, Julie! Your mom is awesome!

#3 ~Melissa~

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 8,680 posts
      • Wedding Date:October 7, 2010
      • Wedding Location:Nuevo Vallarta, Mexico
      • LocationUtah

Posted 24 September 2007 - 11:54 AM

awww that is the sweetest shower gift EVER! Your Mom did a wonderful job. Yep i agree the veil was meant to be SO WHERE ARE THE PICS? LOL

#4 PaulaV

• VIP Member
      • 2,813 posts

Posted 24 September 2007 - 12:12 PM

What a wonderful gift Julie!
        I am so happy you go the one you wanted :)

So now you have to tell us all about your shower!

#5 JulieG

• VIP Member
        • 8,323 posts

Posted 24 September 2007 - 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by PaulaV
          What a wonderful gift Julie!
          I am so happy you go the one you wanted :)

So now you have to tell us all about your shower!
          My shower was great. My sister and BM's did such a great job. I will have pics in a few days, I will post them for you all. We have a chocolate fountain and a drink fountain and lots of pink and brown stuff. And, I got a few very thoughtful gifts, but most people put in money so my FH and I can get a really really good digital camera. I want to start taking photography classes after the wedding, so this is the perfect gift and FH loves to take pics as well.

In a nut shell, it was amazing. I am so not used to things being thrown for me, I am the throwee, not the honouree, lol so it was a strange feeling.

#6 amyh

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 3,754 posts

Posted 24 September 2007 - 12:14 PM

now that's my kind of gift!!! Julie thats great!!!

#7 MsShelley

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 10,366 posts

Posted 24 September 2007 - 12:15 PM

that is so sweet of your Mom to do that!! I am glad you got the veil you wanted!

#8 Spazz

• VIP Member
              • 10,482 posts

Posted 24 September 2007 - 12:17 PM

Julie, that is so great, I am so happy for you. What a wonderful gift from your mom. Glad you had a good time at your shower, can't wait to see pics!

#9 starfish kate

starfish kate
                • 455 posts

Posted 24 September 2007 - 12:35 PM

That is so thoughtful of your mom- that's something mine would do, too. Sounds like it was an all-around great weekend for you!!

#10 LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                  • 24,768 posts

Posted 24 September 2007 - 01:01 PM

awww -i got goosebumps when i read this. your mom is just too sweet!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users