Photo

Caribbean destination wedding for 100+

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 MissMissyMarie

MissMissyMarie
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 10:31 AM

Hi beautiful brides, brides-to-be & wives!

I am newly engaged and the planning has already started because we are getting married in January.  We want a destination wedding in the Caribbean and the guest list is upwards of 300 people, we feel 100-150 will attend.

As I research all the amazing islands and resorts I tend to get overwhelmed with how I am actually going to make a decision.

What I do know:  My fiance and I are leaning towards the all-inclusive side.

PROs:  It makes it easy for the guests and is a basic price for everything...especially since there will be a large crowd.

CONs:  Not having options available as far a details. (is this true?)

Question #1- Has anyone done a large wedding in Caribbean at a resort that is not all-inclusive?  What was your experience and did the costs seem to sky-rocket?

I also know that I don't want to get married in the sand.  I would love a grass setting with the water the background.

Questions #2-  Has anyone else had this setting?

Question #3- Have you had the wedding of your dreams in the Caribbean? or are you planning it right now?:-)  Would love to know where.

Thank you all for reading and best wishes!  Hope your planning is going great!

<3 MissMissy

#2 kisha311

kisha311
    • Site Supporter
    • 259 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 11:21 AM

MissMissy, I am currently planning my wedding for 150-175 guests in the Bahamas. It will be at the Wyndham Nassau. It is not all-inclusive but the location is great, the room rate is great, and the wedding team there is awesome! I filled out an inquiry online and received a response in less than 24 hours. I received hotel rates and packages and a phone conference with their wedding coordinator right away. They answer EVERY question you may have, and some you didn't wen know you have! I have pictures and lots of options. The biggest plus is that they book 1 wedding per day do you are NEVER Rushed!
      Beaches Turks & Caicos - 30 Rooms booked with 80 guests confirmed so far!

#3 Ilysiumtt

Ilysiumtt
      • 1 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 04:29 AM

I was a recent bride in Tobago in the Caribbean and I loved the ability to have control over all my details at a private villa and not be a product of some mass-produced commercialized process where I am just one in ten brides for the month. We had about 180 guests and it all went great!

I am also a well-established caribbean based photographer and would love to provide a quote for our services if you ever need it! www.ilysiuminc.com

Happy planning! Ily

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users