Photo

Planning my 2013 destination wedding

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 lovepink

lovepink
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 01:06 PM

Hello everyone Just joined this site hoping to get some help and good tips with planning my wedding. We have been engaged for over a year now and I have finally set my mind on having a destination wedding in Mexico. There is just so many locations to choose from so I just had a few questions if anyone is able to help. I would so greatly appreciate it. So I have set the date for December 1, 2013. Is that a bad timing for Mexico weather wise? Any recommendations on hotel? Do you suggest getting a wedding planner or using the one from the hotel? How is it communicating with a wedding planner and did you feel like the wedding decorations and everything turned out as you wanted? If I can get any feedback in general that would be awesome :) Thanks all

#2 darlene1122

darlene1122
    • 2 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 07:39 PM

Hi! I recently got engaged and am thinking of a Destinatiom Wedding in Mexico too! I have not officially joined this site yet but am seriously considering it. All the hotels look amazing. Where in Mexico do you want to get married?

#3 finleya

finleya
      • 189 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 08:26 AM

I ended up choosing Jamaica instead of Mexico myself, but that was because of the residency requirement. Just keep in mind that if you want to get married there LEGALLY, you have to be in the country a full 4 BUSINESS days (not country your first travel day...) before you can get married. That would mean that we had to extend our trip quite a bit to accommodate for that and we just couldn't afford it.

Just keep that in mind when you are planning.

Good luck and happy planning!

#4 finleya

finleya
        • 189 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 08:26 AM

*(not COUNTING your first travel day...)

Sorry, about the typo...

#5 pasboy

pasboy
          • 1 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 09:58 AM

try destinationweddings.com . Also I would try places in Mexico like El Dorado Royale , Azul Beach , Azul Sensatori ............great places . Weather in December will be good ( as this is out of the hurricane season )

#6 lovepink

lovepink
            • 4 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 01:19 AM

Congrats! I am thinking either cancun....riviera maya or playa del carma you should really join the site there is so much good info

Originally Posted by darlene1122 

Hi! I recently got engaged and am thinking of a Destinatiom Wedding in Mexico too! I have not officially joined this site yet but am seriously considering it. All the hotels look amazing. Where in Mexico do you want to get married?

#7 Moments That Matter

Moments That Matter

Diamond Vendor

• Insiders
              • 3,074 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 10:27 AM

Congratulations and welcome to the forums! You will love it here... so many great ideas for destinations brides. Let us know if you have any questions. Best wishes.

Linkn

Here is my post about choosing a resort in the Mayan Riviera: http://www.bestdesti...viera-look-here

Please send me a message if you have any questions about a particular resort! Best of luck again.

MTM%20Logo%202016_zps4tzm05my.png

Moments That Matter Photography , Cancun, Playa del Carmen, Mexico

Canadian Award Winning Photojournalist serving the Riviera Maya

Email: contact@momentsthatmatterphotography.com

Why we're Ranked #1 ~ Scoop on what we do:  MTM Reviews

Meet Lincoln & Team MTM: "Meet Lincoln" Video + see his Passion!!!

We Offer: 100% Vendor Fee Discount
                                    100% Deposit Guarantee

100% Satisfaction Guarantee

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users