MKJH Riviera Maya | Fiesta in the Palapa | Lots of pictures! : )

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#31 cindy2013

• 189 posts
  • Wedding Date:March 12, 2013
  • Wedding Location:Kukua, Punta Cana
  • LocationOttawa, Ontario

Posted 01 May 2012 - 05:57 PM

Loved reading through your post, awesome pics!

Bling in Bloom - Floral Brooch Bouquets

IG: blinginbloom

#32 Dazeydawl

• 861 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 07:32 PM

amazing journal everything looks fantastic

#33 ashk

• 100 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 06:34 PM

Thank you so much for sharing! You had some very lucky guests - all those goodies :)

How did you keep the chocolates from melting in transport? Also, where did you find those card/money holders?

23 days and counting until "We Do" in the beautiful Riviera Maya!

Grand Sirenis January 20, 2013

Yay! the world still exists - it would've really sucked to have done all this planning for nothing! :D

#34 MJKH

• Site Supporter
      • 654 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 06:54 PM

Both sets of chocolates came with us on the aircraft in our carryon luggage...each set packed in a larger box. It wasn't an issue at all actually...we went from the airport to an a/c van to check-in at the hotel to our a/c hotel room...so they were never really out in the heat for an extended period of time. The day of the wedding, it was in the mid-20s but with a cool breeze off the ocean. 

As for the tip/room key card holders, they came from ebay. Just search for waterproof id/badge holders and lots of options come up. I think I paid around $20 for 50 of them. You can buy horizontal or vertical (ours were vertical...we thought they would hang better/not get in the way as much). And one tip for anyone who struggles to pry them open for the first time (I was using a butter knife at one point and getting soooo frustrated because I was gouging them!)...simply use your blowdryer to warm the plastic for 5 or so seconds until it softens and they will open up like a dream!!!

#35 sillafeliz

• 105 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 06:20 PM

What a beautiful wedding you had!! Thank you so much for all of the great ideas! We are just starting to plan, so having all of these ideas in one place was superb! Congratulations!!

#36 jriftin

• 28 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 12:41 AM

Wow MJKH...thank you for posting that!  The amount of detail that you put into your special day is amazing.  Makes me a little nervous though, because we have family from all over the world coming and we, ourselves, are coming from Norway, so won't be able to bring as much stuff for details.  Wish I could send stuff to the hotel in advance.

#37 brgephar

• 166 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 06:05 AM

Awesome MKJH, thanks so much for sharing! Everything was wonderful, and I'm especially impressed with your customized papel picado. I've never seen anything like that before (customized) - very cool!

#38 Nicyx

• 2,914 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 11:41 AM

OMG wonderful, Fantastic planning and a perfect wedding :-) LOVE the room you had, wow, it was like an apartment penthouse!! Haha!!! You looked stunning!!! What a lovely story of how you met too.... really really nice to see this and thanks for sharing :-) x

#39 lkterry

• 157 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 07:18 PM

Great planning journal!  Everything looked great!

#40 Kristin Ri

Kristin Ri
                  • 162 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 12:12 PM

Thanks for sharing! Love the pics!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users