Photo

Overwhelmed?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Wsr0224

Wsr0224
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 08:18 AM

I am sick of people asking me when I'm getting married because we can't agree on anything . . . However, I am extremely open to getting married in Vegas pending on how expensive it is?  Does anyone have any suggestions of where I should start?  I feel kind of lost at the moment and a bit overwhelmed. 

Thanks!

Whitney

#2 JQLong

JQLong
    • 336 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 04:43 PM

Hi there....

Let me give you a little bit of advice I wish someone had given me.....

Breathe......and take your time when it comes to planning a destination wedding.  My fiance and I rushed initially because we were so excited to get married and we ended up changing from our initial location which cost us $500.  Take your time.  Enjoy being engaged.  This site is amazing so you have started off very well.

Good luck!

JQ

Originally Posted by Wsr0224 

I am sick of people asking me when I'm getting married because we can't agree on anything . . . However, I am extremely open to getting married in Vegas pending on how expensive it is?  Does anyone have any suggestions of where I should start?  I feel kind of lost at the moment and a bit overwhelmed. 

Thanks!

Whitney

So Amazing......July 4, 2012!!!!!!

#3 jello

jello
      • 128 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 05:53 AM

Breathe!  Here's how I got started, in 3 simple steps:

1) Decide roughly how many people you want to invite.

5? 50? 200?  It doesn't have to be an exact count, just a ballpark idea of how big you want your wedding to be. 

2) Decide roughly when you want to get married

This winter?  Next summer?  Again, you don't need an exact date, just a rough idea. 

3) Email some hotels for details

I looked up a list of about 10 hotels that I thought looked nice (this site is a great resource!) and I emailed each the following list of questions.  You will get an idea of costs and options very quickly this way. 

• Can you host X people for a wedding in [your time frame]?
        • What is the price range for staying at your hotel in [time frame]?  What's included, and are there extra resort fees, taxes, etc.?
        • How many weddings do you hold per day?
        • What is the cost for holding a ceremony?  What ceremony options are available?
        • What is the cost for a reception for X people?  What are the options for reception location, food, open bar?
        • What are our options for DJs, photographers, florists, etc.?  Do you have preferred vendors, and is there a fee for using a vendor who's not on your list?
        • How do we get to your hotel from the nearest airport?  Do you offer airport transfers and if so, what's the cost?
        • Is there anything else we need to know?

Good luck!  

#4 Wsr0224

Wsr0224
        • 3 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 08:38 AM

Thanks, I will start looking . . . and I appreciate your help! 

Where did either of you end up chosing and why? (if you don't mind me asking)

#5 crystalwaterwed

crystalwaterwed
          • Banned
          • 47 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 12:28 PM

Hey Wsr0224, Have you decided where you would like to have your big day??? Vegas is very beautiful but there are alot of options out there. I found it easiest to make a wishlist of what I wanted and then narrow it down...then at least you know it's what you want.

Courtney

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users