Photo

Sarah's (sgreen99) DIY thread!

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#51 alo680

alo680
  • 3 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 02:05 PM

Hey! Your wedding looked so beautiful!  I am getting married there Dec. 30/2013 and I noticed that it looks like you had lights under your head table?  Did you have to pay extra for that?  If yes, how much?  I really like how it looks!

#52 sgreen99

sgreen99
    • Site Supporter
    • 187 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 08:47 PM

Thank you! I actually didn't even know about the lights until we got there, so we didn't have to pay for them they just did it. Might be worth asking about!

#53 Recy

Recy
      • 165 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 12:35 PM

Lovely

"Make or accept no excuses. You are where you are today (and will be tomorrow) as a result of what you did or did not do yesterday."

#54 cocoluv

cocoluv
        • 177 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 03:26 AM

Loving your creativity... Also loving the fan idea behind the chair... Will definitely use that idea..

#55 Tinkerbell82

Tinkerbell82
          • 193 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 10:28 AM

Okay, I think this is actually my favorite planning thread so far!  You hooked me with the treasure chest, and I've been stalking all of you sellers on etsy  haha.  Where did you get the beach bags?  I absolutely love them!

#56 Tbasgall

Tbasgall
            • 152 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 07:24 PM

Beautiful job!!

#57 kay2015

kay2015
              • 222 posts
              • Wedding Date:May 8, 2015
              • Wedding Location:Riu Ocho Rios, Jamaica
              • LocationHalifax, Nova Scotia

Posted 26 September 2013 - 02:18 AM

I figured I should just start a thread with my goodies, since I'll be going along and wanted to share in case anyone else gets some ideas from my stuff, I figured I post it as I go along.  They'll be lots more to come, as I'm not getting married until January, but here's what we have so far: My Birdesmaid invitation boxes  Just something I pulled together with a little creativity at the local dollarstore.  I really wanted a different and super special way of inviting my girls! BM Boxes.jpg these are just beautiful!!! My Save-the-Dates. I designed these up in Photoshop and then just had them printed on 4" x 6" photos, and attached them to magnets (I cut up self-adhesive biz card magnets from Staples and stuck them on the back).  Ben & Sarah Save The Date 1.30.2013.jpg My self-designed logo (again, Photoshop).  We'll likely use this for some of the tags as well as the mugs I'm going to get screen printed. LOGO-6.jpg My centerpieces *I think*  I saw something really cool this weekend that may make it's way into these plans and flows a bit more of the vintage feel into it, which I'll of course add here if I do!! Again, dollar store cheapy vases and Orchids from Jysk (surprisingly good quality). Pardon the crappy cell phone pic ;).  I think I'll have some scatter gems mixed with seashells around these.  418207_10151351818295702_556685701_23241010_2127310644_n.jpg My card box. I love this one!  I cam across this treasure chest at Jysk for $15 and I just loved it, but I really want some more vintagey" feeling things at the wedding. So, I painted it up and antiqued it.  A very messy but fun process. Treasure Chest.jpg My "vintage" table number photo frames!  Again, a steal at the Dollarama, they are actually $1 plastic frames (which is perfect because they weigh NOTHING for travel).  I spray-painted them (using a spray paint meant for plastic) and then used my same paint/glazing method as I did for the box.  I'm not sure this is my final design for the numbers themselves, but that's what I've come up with so far, that co-ordinates with my other Photoshop designs so far. Table-Numbers-Collage.jpg That's it so far!  I hope to have lots more to show you (lord knows I have a head full of ideas, whether they actually work or not, that's a different story!!)

#58 sharmer

sharmer
              • 165 posts
              • Wedding Date:June 3, 2014
              • Wedding Location:Iberostar Bavaro, Punta Cana
              • LocationKitchener, Ont, Canada

Posted 21 October 2013 - 04:09 PM

Looks so great!! Thanks for sharing

#59 misbosox

misbosox
              • 294 posts
              • Wedding Date:June 23, 2015
              • Wedding Location:Moon Palace Resort ~ Cancun, Mexico
              • LocationFort Worth, TX

Posted 02 November 2013 - 04:34 PM

I love all of these. Your cake topper came out so great!!!

#60 vanessav53

vanessav53
              • Site Supporter
              • 210 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 09:51 AM

so helpful. the vintage look is gorgeous

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users