Hotel Marina El Cid BRIDES

Hello Ladies...

I need some help making my decision on my resort. I really like El Cid. Al thought I fell in love with Dreams in Cancun, but I realize its a little pricey and allot of my family have 4 to 5 people per family. Can become very expensive.

Im looking for a place that still nice, great service, great food, great entertainement, for a great price.

So I happen to come across El Cid.

I find that the packages are very reasonable. And as i read all the reviews, it looks as if i wont know final balance till the very last minute.

Here are the few questions I have

Anyone know how the daily enterianment is, or if the beach is rocky ? Is there a trolley or hotel transportation that can take us to Playa del carmen or even Downtown Cancun?

What I had in mind was to have our ceremony out on the Jetty

Coctail hour

Dinner ( I havent really checked out the restaurants yet) 

then Dancing on the beach ...My kids would love the idea of the lit up dance floor with a DJ on the beach. ( ok maybe i love it more than they do , but hey im a big dancing kid at heart :)

So and of you Brides who have already done this with ease, please send me as much info as possible :)

It will be greatly appreciated!

Estella~

No surprises - you just have to inquire about costs on most things - the lights/dance floor/dj/sound are not included in the package, and are quite pricy.  Make sure to clarify about ages of children for the cost of the banquet if you don't qualify for free - its worth checking out upgrading rooms vs paying per person outside of the package as described in previous posts.. for us it was about the same so we are paying for the extra guests and children, not to mention the hassle of upgrading rooms. (also - we inquired about a separate menu for kids under 6 as they wouldn't eat a 3 course meal and are getting the kids menu for that age free, but have to pay half price for older kids, which isn't a big deal as there are only a couple)  There are also external vendor charges for hair/makeup/photographer etc - so be careful - we are bringing our photographer but she is a guest, so we are not paying the fee, and we are using the spa at the resort for hair/makeup - we got quotes from external and it was very expensive.  Don't be afraid to ask questions and to clarify costs. 

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone, it has been a little while since people have wrote on here.  Just hoping to get feedback from any brides who have already had their destination wedding at Marina el Cid.  How is planning going for everyone else?  Only 4 months until my wedding! Yahoo!

Originally Posted by 2013Bride View Post

Does anyone know the costs of the dance floor and dj?

I have a price list and thought they were quite pricey but then noticed at the bottom of my list that they are in pesos so wanted to confirm what pricing you all had?

Thank you!!

All the pricing I have is in USD.  If you send me an email, I will send you the PDF with 2013 pricing.  avborges81@gmail.com