Jump to content


ROR- Bringing my own minister??

  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 finleya

  • Jr. Member
  • 189 posts

    Posted 28 March 2012 - 08:30 AM

    We are getting married at Riu Ocho Rios and my brother-in-law is performing the ceremony. Has anyone else done this already and can give me a little insight?


    Do we still have to pay the $350 fee since we have our own minister?

    Are there any legal issues I should be concerned with or will need to take care of since he is not from Jamaica?



    #2 LindseyJ

    • Newbie
    • 3 posts

      Posted 31 March 2012 - 08:33 PM

      I have someone helping me out from destination weddings.com and she has been so helpful. This was one of the first questions I asked her....she said you can definetky do that. If it is a legal ceremony i think you need to have both your choice and the Jamaican minister do it. But....if you are getting married at home legally before or after then you can do a symbolic ceremony and have your friend perform the ceremony. I think the Jamaican minister still needs to be present but not an active participant. And I guess you save the $300 or $350 whatever it is! Either way.....I think the answer to your question is yes!! I hope that helps!!

      #3 finleya

      • Jr. Member
      • 189 posts

        Posted 01 April 2012 - 10:28 AM

        Thank you so much! I guess I probably should have just asked my TA, I just feel bad since I bombard her with questions constantly! lol


        I was just worried about legalities associated with it!

        0 user(s) are reading this topic

        0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users