Photo

A Frugal Bride's Riviera Maya DIY Wedding

• Please log in to reply
75 replies to this topic

#21 janette34

janette34
  • 417 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 06:35 PM

Thanks, you have no idea what a huge inspiration you were to me.  I was almost disappointed when you wedding day came b/c I knew your planning thread was soon going to be finished. 

Originally Posted by futuremrstgun 

everything looks beautiful!!!!  congrats and happy planning!!!

R~

#22 MJKH

MJKH
    • Site Supporter
    • 654 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 07:00 PM

Wow...everything looks amazing...I'm so excited for you!!!  Please give the girls in the wedding office a big squeeze from us : )

You will LOVE that palapa space...hope it's everything you've dreamed about!

Janelle & Todd

#23 Josie Fiorda

Josie Fiorda
      • 198 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 08:39 PM

love all of your ideas and those are the colors I chose as well. Love them!

#24 janette34

janette34
        • 417 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 05:20 AM

Will do and thanks for all the info you provided in the Grand Sirenis thread.  Our group is dropping by our house this afternoon to pick up their tickets so hopefully it will be an opportunity to get everyone really excited !

Originally Posted by MJKH 

Wow...everything looks amazing...I'm so excited for you!!!  Please give the girls in the wedding office a big squeeze from us : )

You will LOVE that palapa space...hope it's everything you've dreamed about!

Janelle & Todd

#25 2ndtimesacharm

2ndtimesacharm
          • Banned
          • 100 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 04:55 AM

Well, Frugal Bride, I think you did an amazing job!!!  Beautiful start to finish!!  Congrats!

Azul Sensatori ~ June 26, 2012

#26 bride81

bride81
            • 216 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 11:18 PM

great job!  i am SO impressed, I love all your ideas.  Its so thoughtful!

#27 Meagan816

Meagan816
              • 165 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 06:53 AM

Great idea.  I saw some luminaries on here that I loved and didn't even think about making them on my own. Duh!  :-)

Originally Posted by janette34 

Table Numbers, Place Cards, Seating Charts

Place Cards.JPG

These were super easy to do once I figured out what size I wanted them to be.  Using left over invitation paper I cut the colored paper into strips and folded them in half and printed names on the cream colored paper, cut them into rectangles and glued them onto the cardstock after that I just stuck on a starfish or a sand dollar.

Seating Chart.JPG

I picked up these unfinished frames from Michaels for $1 each and painted them.  Using burlap I had left over from the napkin rings I glued that to the insert and then printed off the table listing and glued them on.  The starfish on the corners are paper using my craft punch.

Table Numbers.JPG

I had some vellum paper and had no idea what to do with it so I started looking at luminaries and thought I could make these.  Another trip to the dollar store for some vases and a little playing around in Word to get the right size and I have table numbers.

More to come,

#28 Mlite83

Mlite83
                • 384 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 07:25 AM

Thanks for sharing - I may just have to try to DIY some luminaires myself now!  Everything looks fantastic!

#29 janette34

janette34
                  • 417 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 03:59 PM

Today my mother, aunt and myself made cookies for the In Flight Snack Packs that I'm giving out at the airport (only 2 more sleeps!).

Cookies (2).JPG

Bagged Cookies.JPG

And here's a pic of my real touch flowers that should arrive tomorrow.

IMG_2621.jpg

#30 bride81

bride81
                    • 216 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 11:53 AM

Best wishes Janette!!  Can't wait to see your pictures!  Have a blast

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users