Punta Cana Wedding in November - Type of Dress

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Enerlise

• Site Supporter
  • 10 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 06:29 PM

Hey Ladies - what fabric are your wedding dresses. I had orginally wanted Organza b/c I thought it would be lighter/airier than satin, but I tried on a satin dress this weekend and I love it! Do you think it will be to hot/humid for a satin dress?
    What do you think?

#2 KalikLove

• 178 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 10:32 AM

What I have found is that the satin dress has multipal layers. Satin doesnt seam to breath well, plus it wrinkles easy (you will be traveling with it) I sounf that silk, organza, lace and other flowy fabrics will hold up much better than satin. 

#3 JayKay

• 3,472 posts
      • Wedding Date:January 13, 2012
      • Wedding Location:Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Jamaica
      • LocationSouthern Alberta

Posted 29 March 2012 - 08:07 AM

I was steered away from satin for the reasons that KalikLove mentioned- its hot, doesnt breath, wrinkles easily and not the best for a destination wedding.  My dress was made of taffeta and I loved it.  It was light, but yet not as light as organza, it traveled exceptionally well (didnt need to even be steamed once we got there).  Does the dress you love come in a different type of fabric?

#4 cnd29

• 132 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 11:23 AM

I was looking for chiffon but ended up with organza.  I tried on one that was satin but it still felt kind of heavy to me, but my wedding is in June so I will be sweating enough as it is!

#5 mimiq

• 184 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 07:08 AM

I'm also worried about being too hot in a dress and am going to try to stay away from satin.  They do make some lighter satin these days though...  if it felt heavy at the store though i can only imagine what it'll feel like in the heat!

#6 cinnagirl

• 261 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 02:16 PM

My dress is lace with a charmeuse lining. It's amazingly light and airy so I'm hoping it breathes well in the heat!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users