Jump to content

Photo

How are ppl booking their wedding for 2013 if prices aren't out yet?! :$


  • Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Jamaicanmecrazy

Jamaicanmecrazy
  • Newbie
  • 94 posts

    Posted 26 March 2012 - 10:24 AM

    I am looking to have a wedding at the Iberostar Rose Hall Beach, but my TA says prices wont be out until the summer,.... but Ive noticed ppl already booking their wedding for around that time....Im worried I'll book it but then the price will be too high for my guests! Majority coming from Toronto....anyone have any tips or anything!? Thanks :):)



    #2 ChocoTaco7568

    ChocoTaco7568
    • Member
    • 955 posts

      Posted 26 March 2012 - 10:39 AM

      My wedding date is May 18, 2013 and I have already secured my room block at Now Jade. My TA was able to block and honor prices based on 2012 group rates. This was a relief because I was also concerned about incurring escalated pricing once 2013 rates were published (which can be released as early as April or May of 2012).  I don’t know if policies vary from one resort to another or if you should consider changing your TA. But I know that I could have blocked rooms based on 2012 rates at any of the 4 resorts that I was initially considering and I started inquiring at the end of January 2012. However, these were all AM resorts, so maybe that has something to do with it.  Best of Luck, let me know if you have any other questions.   



      #3 finleya

      finleya
      • Jr. Member
      • 189 posts

        Posted 26 March 2012 - 12:42 PM

        I have booked my wedding at Riu Ocho Rios for April 2013 and had no problem. You just have to have your TA call and they will negotiate a price for it.

         

        I had the same problem with my first travel agent because she was booking flight WITH the hotel and flights for that far in advance are not available yet. You can always get room rates ahead of time though. I switched to Teresa at Wright Travel (the travel agency that runs this forum) and have had absolutely no issues doing things early. It definitely helps if your TA deals specifically with destination weddings.

         

         



        #4 Jamaicanmecrazy

        Jamaicanmecrazy
        • Newbie
        • 94 posts

          Posted 26 March 2012 - 12:54 PM

          Ohhhh so is your price including the flight?

          #5 finleya

          finleya
          • Jr. Member
          • 189 posts

            Posted 26 March 2012 - 01:00 PM

            No, we just signed a contract with the resort for the room rates and are going to book flights as they become available. That way we can give people a concrete price for the room and tell them an approximate one for the flight.



            #6 albellis

            albellis
            • Newbie
            • 146 posts

              Posted 28 March 2012 - 09:49 AM

              I also have an April 2013 wedding and I looked at the prices for traveling in April 2012 to get an idea of what it will cost. My TA is booking everything through FunJet (flight & hotel) and we will be able to get discounts and promos with their group travel program. So with that, no, we can't book the entire package yet because flights are not out until this summer. I am still not sure how many people we will have coming with us, so I didn't want to block too many rooms. I am thinking it will be around 20 people (10 rooms). I may have gone another route and blocked the rooms in advance if I was having a larger wedding.



              #7 albellis

              albellis
              • Newbie
              • 146 posts

                Posted 28 March 2012 - 10:08 AM

                Hi Finleya! I see we have the same wedding date

                I have booked my wedding at Riu Ocho Rios for April 2013 and had no problem. You just have to have your TA call and they will negotiate a price for it.

                 



                 



                #8 finleya

                finleya
                • Jr. Member
                • 189 posts

                  Posted 28 March 2012 - 10:19 AM

                  That is awesome! We are thinking about heading down on the 24th, but depending on when my FI's parents are going, we may go as early as the 20th.



                  #9 albellis

                  albellis
                  • Newbie
                  • 146 posts

                    Posted 28 March 2012 - 11:20 AM

                    We are also planning to head down on the 24th, and will either leave the following Wednesday or Thursday. I can't wait to book it and have the travel finalized :)



                    #10 finleya

                    finleya
                    • Jr. Member
                    • 189 posts

                      Posted 28 March 2012 - 11:57 AM

                      I understand that. I feel so much better now that I have the contract signed and the deposit down. It's nice to give guests concrete details instead of the "it might be..." that I was giving them before!






                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users