6 replies to this topic

#1 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
  • 18,759 posts

Posted 22 September 2007 - 07:06 PM

Secrets Excellence Riviera Maya pictures from mexico photos on webshots

Here are someone's pictures from the place. It's not listed on the Secrets website anymore.

Secrets Resorts & Spas: Unlimited-Luxury, A new and better way to have it all.

My friend honeymooned here & she wants to know if it's still open. She is concerned it was destroyed in 2005.

#2 Elizabeth Medina

Elizabeth Medina
    • Vendor
    • 278 posts

Posted 22 September 2007 - 09:55 PM

Hi Morgan, Yes, I think they go by the name Excellence Riviera now. That is an incredible resort! I photographed Denise's wedding and trash the dress session there (she is a BDW bride), there are pictues on my blog. Excellence Riviera photography | Elizabeth Medina Photography

#3 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
      • 11,659 posts
      • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 22 September 2007 - 11:57 PM

it is now excellence (they dropped "secrets")...no longer part of that chain.

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
      Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
      Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
      Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
      sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
      Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#4 Nrvsbride

Nrvsbride
      • 5,248 posts

Posted 23 September 2007 - 02:08 AM

Loreta (loretuke) also recently got married there. Her pictures were gorgeous! The place is soooooo nice!

#5 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 18,759 posts

Posted 23 September 2007 - 10:04 AM

I sent my friend the website & she didn't think that was the same place. It also says that it is new on the website. I wonder if it's the same place, but just looks different now.

EDIT: I had sent her the page to excellence Playa Mujeres.

#6 JennyK

JennyK
          • 3,502 posts

Posted 25 January 2008 - 11:37 PM

My good friend had her honeymoon here.. the DAY of the hurricane in 2005. Her plane was the last one into Cancun and they diverted her and her husband to a school for shelter for a day and a half. Needless to say, when she finally got to the resort after the hurricane, they had 90% of it already cleaned up. By the end of her honeymoon, it was like nothing happened! She said it was gorgeous regardless of what happened!

#7 mpark46

mpark46
            • 154 posts

Posted 29 January 2008 - 03:11 PM

Does anyone know if its possible to get married at the gazebo at Excellence.

It looks like such a great spot, but it doesn't appear that you could really have guests seated to see any of the cermony.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users