Photo

DIY Barefoot Jewelry

• Please log in to reply
83 replies to this topic

#71 flyingchild

flyingchild
  • 45 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 07:07 PM

I love this! Definitely will try to make them when the wedding is close :) Thanks for sharing!

#72 bridemoonpalace

bridemoonpalace
    • 151 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 09:50 AM

They came out great!

#73 RachelHolmes21

RachelHolmes21
      • 167 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 02:44 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by SunsetLove 

Ok I finally sat down and made another set! Here are my step-by-step photos. These are really really easy to make! I really hope my instructions are helpful for you ladies!

1) I cut a long piece of stretchy cord (I don't know what it's actually called LOL but you can find it in the bead section of any craft store) and put about 3 1/2 to 4 inches of tiny beads on. This will be the part that goes around your toe, so you don't want huge beads that might be uncomfortable between your toes!

2012-04-12 20 19 18 (2).jpg

2) Next, fold the cord in half and start beading over both ends:

2012-04-12 20 22 22.jpg

3) I tried mine on several times to see how far it came up my foot. I took beads off and added different ones at least 10 times until I got the length right. Then I added one big last bead before splitting off the strands again:

2012-04-12 20 24 18.jpg

4) Then you want to separate the two strands again and start beading away! Again, I tried these on multiple times to see how many more beads to add. A lot of trial and error :)

2012-04-12 20 37 29.jpg

5) Finally, tie them off! I tied about a million knots, LOL Here is the finished product!

2012-04-12 20 39 57.jpg

And on my foot:

2012-04-13 09 00 33.jpg

You have definitely made it look super easy! I am going to have to give it a try! :) Thanks!

#74 RachelHolmes21

RachelHolmes21
        • 167 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 02:50 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by LolaTX 

I had so much fun making my jewlery for my girls and I. I purchased my items at Michaels, Hobby Lobby, and a wholesale bead outlet in Houston.  Please PM me with any questions!!  A piece of advice, buy the bead glue! It is essential for when you tie it off at the end :) Happy beading!

These are super cute!

#75 RachelHolmes21

RachelHolmes21
          • 167 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 03:11 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by Precious4598 

OMG! Beautiful! I wish I had seen this before I bought mine from Icing, even though I only paid $12 for both, but I will try and see if I can make them for my MOH

Hi There! Would you mind posting a picture of the ones you got from Icing?

#76 DinaQtobe

DinaQtobe
            • 450 posts
            • Wedding Date:November 21, 2013
            • Wedding Location:Now Sapphire

Posted 18 December 2013 - 12:55 PM

I love the idea of barefoot sandals but for those of you who have actually used them... What other shoes will the attendants wear? I know from personal experience sand can be hot lol...Lastly and I know this should be a no brainer, but What if people don't want to be barefoot? I'm just coming up with all the lame excuses I will probably hear. I like the idea of them!! If I can save my attendants money on having to buy shoes?! this is fantastic!!

I made some for myself and my sisters (the bridesmaids).  They wore them on the beach for the ceremony and photos.  We were married later in the afternoon and the sand was not hot at all.  They also had shoes for the reception (which was not held on the beach), but never ended up putting on their shoes.  I think they felt comfortable with the foot jewelry because they didn't really feel like they weren't wearing anything on their feet - they looked really pretty. 

I likely spent about $25 on all of the materials for 4 pairs and I have TONS of beads left.  I probably only used 1/4 of the beads.  I bought seed beads at the dollar store, and the rest came from Hobby Lobby, Walmart, and Michaels.

Foot Jewelry

#77 ylan9383

ylan9383
            • 188 posts
            • Wedding Date:November 13, 2014
            • Wedding Location:Playacar Palace, Playa del Carmen, Mexico
            • LocationChicago

Posted 03 January 2014 - 01:19 PM

i might look into this.  Is this a one size fits most kinda thing?  Did you use the stretchy string?

#78 DinaQtobe

DinaQtobe
            • 450 posts
            • Wedding Date:November 21, 2013
            • Wedding Location:Now Sapphire

Posted 03 January 2014 - 03:01 PM

i might look into this.  Is this a one size fits most kinda thing?  Did you use the stretchy string?

I used stretchy string, but one size definitely does not fit all.  Two of my sisters have the same size feet as I do, which made making them very easy.  My youngest sister has larger feet, and it was hard to know exactly how much bigger to make them.  We live very far apart, so I ended up making two different pair of different sizes for her, and thankfully one of them fit!  If you can have your BMs try them out while you are making them it will be easier.

#79 ylan9383

ylan9383
            • 188 posts
            • Wedding Date:November 13, 2014
            • Wedding Location:Playacar Palace, Playa del Carmen, Mexico
            • LocationChicago

Posted 03 January 2014 - 03:26 PM

@DinaQtobe Thank you very much!

#80 Rheannarudy

Rheannarudy
            • 150 posts
            • Wedding Date:November 6, 2014