Photo

Tammy's DIY Planning Thread - at least 20 items, pic heavy & detailed!

• Please log in to reply
157 replies to this topic

#51 DwBride2Be

DwBride2Be
  • 190 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 01:16 PM

Wow you did amazing! I love your passport welcome books, that might be a project I try!

#52 MJKH

MJKH
    • Site Supporter
    • 654 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 03:56 PM

Everything looks sooooo amazing...what a great job you've done!!!  This is one of my favourite projects...I might try something like this for our AHR.  Did you just stamp the "HE" and "SHE" over the printing?

P.S. My husband ALWAYS orders and gets the better meal off a menu...no matter where we are in the world...it drives me CRAZY!!! ; )

Originally Posted by ndvidul 

He/She Frame

I saw this idea either in a magazine or online somewhere and loved it!  I put my own spin on it by using a picture frame. 

HeSheFrame.jpg

The frame is from Michael's (got it for about $10 - 50% off).  The background paper is from Hobby Lobby, and I just designed the wording in Microsoft Word.  (Font = Caslon Antique Italic) 

I really loved this personal touch for our guestbook table.  Now, we're using the frame to host our wedding pics in our dining room! 

#53 futuremrstgun

futuremrstgun
      • 995 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 04:34 PM

Everything is so well planned and beautiful!!! Great job!! Congrats!!! :D. R~

#54 ndvidul

ndvidul
        • 317 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 11:54 AM

Hi Anna!

First of all, congratulations!  Only about 5 more months for you!  Secondly, I'm tickled pink by your compliments and your ULTIMATE compliment of asking me about making yours!  I just emailed you. :)

Love,

Tammy

Originally Posted by futuremrsparker 

Hi there! Your creations are BEAUTIFUL! I would love to do those, but simply don't have the time! You mentioned throughout this thread that you were thinking about starting to sell these things? I was just wondering if you have decided to do that? I would LOVE to be your first customer! My fiance and I are also getting married in Cancun in August of this year and I would to order around 10-15 passport books from you if you were interested! My email address is annamarieparker27@gmail.com. Let me know what you think!

Thanks!

Anna

#55 ndvidul

ndvidul
          • 317 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 11:56 AM

That sounds great for your AHR!!  Great idea.  The HE and SHE are actually computer printed, not stamped, believe it or not!  You could probably try stamps as well. :)

That's too funny that our S.O.'s have that in common!!!!  Haha. 

Originally Posted by MJKH 

Everything looks sooooo amazing...what a great job you've done!!!  This is one of my favourite projects...I might try something like this for our AHR.  Did you just stamp the "HE" and "SHE" over the printing?

P.S. My husband ALWAYS orders and gets the better meal off a menu...no matter where we are in the world...it drives me CRAZY!!! ; )

#56 LilLadyBug

LilLadyBug
            • 2 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 03:44 PM

Oh wow! I cannot wait to get started into my DIYing. My FI has tried to talk me out of it because he has said we won't have any room in our suitcases but I'll find a way. 

You've made your destination wedding so peronal. Well done.

#57 justineheart

justineheart
              • 24 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 02:13 PM

Wow! I read through your whole post and at first I was excited and than a little overwhelmed at every thing you did and things i now NEED to do! I cant wait to put my own spin on some of these ideas.

Also I have to say your he/she frame is the CUTEST most unique dyi craft I think I’ve never seen. It would be some thing you would have forever as a reminder and I love that idea that decorations can still be so personalized!

Great job you have a serious talent for DYI porjects!

#58 Jass7

Jass7
                • 187 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 03:35 PM

Wow what an amazing job on everything! You are true inspiration! You've inspired me to start doing some DIY!

Great job really!

And Congratulations on your wedding!

#59 ndvidul

ndvidul
                  • 317 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 03:46 PM

Again, thank you SO much for your kind words!!!  I LOVE hearing your feedback and especially how some of you have found inspiration to do your own DIY!  Woo hoo!!!   That's more than I could hope for. 

LilLadyBug & JustineHeart - That's what I loved about the DIY projects for our wedding: they made things SO personal.  It didn't feel like a cookie cutter wedding... it felt like US.  And it didn't feel like a big show... it felt like a celebration of our Love.  I'm so happy that you feel that too looking through these!  I wish you the very same for your Special Day. :)

P.S.  Now I'm off to make invitations for my Snow White & The Huntsman all-girls party I'm throwing next month!  (The movie looks awesome!)  I think I'm making more excuses to DIY now that the wedding's over, LOL!    Happy Planning (and DIYing)!!  xoxo

#60 sun surf sand

sun surf sand
                    • 75 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 04:23 PM

You are a DIY Genius!! I am super inspired and can't wait to try some of them myself.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users