message in a bottle invites

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#11 MsShelley

VIP Member

• VIP Member
  • 10,366 posts

Posted 22 September 2007 - 11:50 PM

they look great, you did a really good job!!

#12 1elephant

• VIP Member
    • 15,998 posts

Posted 23 September 2007 - 08:41 PM

thanks guys! i'm not gonna lie, they were a pain in the ass, but i think they're relaly cute, different from anything my guests have received in the past, and well worth the time....

#13 RoSean

• 140 posts

Posted 29 September 2007 - 06:52 PM

Great job!!!

I'm still debating whether to have a message in the bottle invitations.

How many hours did it take to put these together?

#14 CourtneyV

• 4,979 posts

Posted 29 September 2007 - 07:59 PM

Nice work!! I've always liked the message in the bottle invites - yours turned out beautifully! Did you use glass bottles? I've never seen that before, all the ones I've seen were clear plastic bottles.

They look great! It's nice to check a project like that off the list, isn't it?!
          Happily Married since May 9, 2008
          Proud Mama to Evelyn Eileen since June 8, 2010

#15 beachbride08

• VIP Member
          • 2,372 posts

Posted 30 September 2007 - 12:06 AM

I really like the glass bottles, great job! I just ordered the plastic bottles, sand and shells from that same site. I had too many to mail out and didn't want to pay an arm and a leg for the postage for the glass bottles.

#16 marie87

• 54 posts

Posted 30 September 2007 - 01:45 PM

They look great! How long did it take to make each one?

#17 1elephant

• VIP Member
              • 15,998 posts

Posted 30 September 2007 - 03:04 PM

the bottles themselves didn't take long...had an assembly line going (w/ just the two of us...). the time consuming part was the invitations. we ripped the edges off of each one by hand, and used eyelets and tools to attach the two pieces of paper. then rolling them and tying them was pain. i did it in stages, so it took a few hours over a few days. nothing that couldn't have been accomplished on a lazy sunday.

the glass bottles were more to ship, and we probably wouldn't have done it if we had more than 60 to do...but keith was afraid the plastic ones would look cheap, and we didn't want to risk it.

i've gotten a few phone calls/emails about how cute they were...however, a good portion of our guests were not clever enough to leave the string hanging out when they re-rolled and put back in, so i've received a few phone calls/emails bitching about that...and also about how they got sand on their counters....

if it's not bitching about the destination, or time of year, then it's gotta be the invites....

oh well, i like them

#18 tross84

• Banned
                • 151 posts

Posted 03 March 2011 - 09:11 AM

They look fantastic!! Thank you for sharing

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users