54 replies to this topic

#21 Shay4966

Shay4966
  • Site Supporter
  • 262 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 06:22 AM

I printer I used was the Canon Pixma MX882 - here are my STD's    

MrsTGun, Shay and anyone happy with their color  printers:

Can you ladies please provide the specs for your printers? I'm in the market for a new printer and may as well get one that I can use for my upcoming DIY projects....Thanks!

#22 futuremrstgun

futuremrstgun
    • 995 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 06:57 PM

I have the very same printer and it's GREAT!!! R~

I printer I used was the Canon Pixma MX882 - here are my STD's    http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/t/78850/shays-boarding-pass-save-the-dates-yaaaayyyy-finally-done-pic-heavy

#23 ChocoTaco7568

ChocoTaco7568
      • 955 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 08:26 PM

Thanks for the reply, ladies!

#24 Traci7642

Traci7642
        • Site Supporter
        • 122 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 07:24 AM

I used Vistaprint for my Save the Dates so I'm not sure if that counts as professional or DIY.  I purchased 100 post cards for a total of $24.96 (which includes shipping to my house).  That makes each save the date, $0.25.  Pretty cheap in my opinion!!! 

Front postcard.png

Back postcard.png

#25 JennyBenz

JennyBenz
          • 338 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 07:48 AM

Shay, I LOVE your STD'S!!! This is exactly what I'm thinking of doing. Just one question- where did you find the images for the background? I keep googling [if that's even a word LOL] and I can't find the "right one". I only hope mine come out half as nice as yours

I printer I used was the Canon Pixma MX882 - here are my STD's    http://www.bestdesti...-done-pic-heavy

#26 JennyBenz

JennyBenz
            • 338 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 07:52 AM

These are super cute Traci! And I can't believe they were a quarter each! Talk about a deal!!!

I've used VistaPrint many times before, and they always come out exactly as pictured on the computer, which is great [and reliable]!

I'm going to try and venture into Photoshop-ing my STD's. It's been a long time since I've used it, but hopefully I can remember most of it ;)

Originally Posted by Traci7642 

I used Vistaprint for my Save the Dates so I'm not sure if that counts as professional or DIY.  I purchased 100 post cards for a total of $24.96 (which includes shipping to my house).  That makes each save the date, $0.25.  Pretty cheap in my opinion!!! 

Front postcard.png

Back postcard.png

#27 Shay4966

Shay4966
              • Site Supporter
              • 262 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 10:09 AM

JennyBenz - 

Thank you soo much.I found most of the images on google under "images" and cropped and rotated to my fit. I can send you my template if you like. 

Originally Posted by JennyBenz 

Shay, I LOVE your STD'S!!! This is exactly what I'm thinking of doing. Just one question- where did you find the images for the background? I keep googling [if that's even a word LOL] and I can't find the "right one". I only hope mine come out half as nice as yours

Quote:

#28 Shay4966

Shay4966
                • Site Supporter
                • 262 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 10:11 AM

I would suggest using Microsoft Publisher if you have it. It will be much easier to use (in my opinion). 

Originally Posted by JennyBenz 

These are super cute Traci! And I can't believe they were a quarter each! Talk about a deal!!!

I've used VistaPrint many times before, and they always come out exactly as pictured on the computer, which is great [and reliable]!

I'm going to try and venture into Photoshop-ing my STD's. It's been a long time since I've used it, but hopefully I can remember most of it ;)

#29 finleya

finleya
                  • 189 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 07:48 PM

Is there any way I could get a copy of that template if you have time? I would really like to start working on a monogram and I want to do postcard RSVPs....

#30 Diamantenyc

Diamantenyc
                    • 161 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 02:03 PM

cute save the dates

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users