Photo

Asking friends to be bridesmaids -

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#11 l2koster

l2koster
  • 20 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 06:48 AM

I made sugar cookies using cookie cutters from Surlatable.com.  I used a dress, high heel, heart, palm tree, and an engagement ring for the shape of cookies.  They're only like $1 each.  Then I decorated them and wrote things like "will you be my bridesmaid?", the date of the wedding, location of wedding, etc.  I mailed them to my girls because most are in different states, along with a framed photo collage of the two of us (cheap 5x7 frame from Michaels), with a poem in the middle.  The poem read "It's hard to believe that in just a little while, James and I will be walking down the aisle, Nothing would give me more joy and pride, Than to have you there by my side, Will you be my Bridesmaid/Maid of Honor?"  I found the poem and collage idea on another website, I'm definitely not that creative!  I also put a card in the box too, just explaining how important they are to me but how I would completely understand if they couldn't stand up.  The girls LOVED it and they all called me up right when they received it and said yes.  If you're mailing sugar cookies though, make sure you wrap each cookie individually in plastic wrap, then put in one of those cheap tupperware containers, with bubble wrap surrounding the cookies in the container.  Just make sure there's no space for the cookies to move around in the container.  My girls said a few cookies were slightly cracked but nothing horrible.  Here are some pics...

pic1.jpg

pic2.jpg

#12 allieplask

allieplask
    • 177 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 12:57 PM

how much did it cost to ship the bridesmaids wine?? i've looked for it in NJ but haven't found a place that carries it.  i want to order it but am wondering about shipping costs - and the website won't tell me!!!

Originally Posted by jamieirene 

Used these printable cards from etsy, and wrote personal notes on the back of each card, and attached to a bottle of bridesmaid wine!

il_570xN.314318382.jpg

Here is the link to the store:  http://www.etsy.com/...-will-you-be-my

Here is a picture of the bridesmaid wine:

Bridesmaid-Wines.JPG

Here is a link to the bridesmaids wine website:

http://www.bridesmaidwines.com/

wedding website: www.allienick.com

#13 jamieirene

jamieirene
      • 650 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 08:19 PM

I actually went to my local wine and spirits store, and I asked them about it.  They had it shipped to them for me, and they did not charge me any shipping!  I just had to pay for the wine.

#14 Jessica4LUXE

Jessica4LUXE
        • Vendor
        • 183 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 01:45 PM

These are such cute ideas!! I've also had clients get "Be my bridesmaid?" written on cupcakes for a tasty and sentimental treat :) Their bridesmaids loved opening the cute little bakery box and finding such a nice surprise!

#15 allieplask

allieplask
          • 177 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 03:00 PM

Awesome, thank you!  I will look into that!

Originally Posted by jamieirene 

I actually went to my local wine and spirits store, and I asked them about it.  They had it shipped to them for me, and they did not charge me any shipping!  I just had to pay for the wine.

wedding website: www.allienick.com

#16 alyssaw

alyssaw
            • Huddler
            • 53 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 01:37 PM

One idea I love is giving your soon to be bridesmaids cute little day planners with your Wedding date circled or marked off somehow. Or I've received personalized cards that have a picture of me and the bride on the front. The wine idea is great! Have fun!!

#17 cindy2013

cindy2013
              • 189 posts
              • Wedding Date:March 12, 2013
              • Wedding Location:Kukua, Punta Cana
              • LocationOttawa, Ontario

Posted 24 April 2012 - 04:45 PM

I invited all my wedding party over for dinner, and made appetizers, signature blue drinks (one of our wedding colors), and a sit down dinner!  For the places around the table, I wrote everyone a card thanking them for being a part of this journey with us, and a special little note from my boyfriend and I (fiance STILL sounds weird to say!).  I got Beach house wine, the bottle that is blue with starfish on it, and had them scattered around the table...needless to say we had lots of wine and champagne!  Everyone's significant other and some more friends came after dinner and we had a party!  It was such an awesome night and my guests enjoyed it! 

Bling in Bloom - Floral Brooch Bouquets

http://www.facebook.com/blinginbloom

blinginbloom@outlook.com

@blinginbloom

IG: blinginbloom

IMG_4232.JPG

#18 cherany

cherany
              • 234 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 02:07 AM

I love this idea, but decided not to do it, since we're trying to cut every expense possible, and these would've involved a shipping charge to get them, then more postage to send them to long-distance bridesmaids.  Still, my favorite idea out there for Mexican weddings!

UN6515LG.jpg

http://www.amols.com...ro-mini-pinatas

Miniature pi±atas, which could easily be "filled" with tiny notes popping the question. 

#19 Jocelin Reyes

Jocelin Reyes
                • 161 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 07:53 AM

Thank you for the ideas. I think I am going to give some gifts to my bridesmaids and a card while we have breakfast all together.

#20 jamieirene

jamieirene
                  • 650 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 12:39 PM

Originally Posted by cherany 

I love this idea, but decided not to do it, since we're trying to cut every expense possible, and these would've involved a shipping charge to get them, then more postage to send them to long-distance bridesmaids.  Still, my favorite idea out there for Mexican weddings!

UN6515LG.jpg

http://www.amols.com...ro-mini-pinatas

Miniature pi±atas, which could easily be "filled" with tiny notes popping the question. 

HOW CUTE!!!!! 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users