helovestica

***TULUM BRIDES 2012-2013***

I just thought I would go ahead and share my photo blog from my dream come true...LAS RANITAS wedding!!!! Perfection!! Any questions feel free to ask!!! Cheers to happy Planning and and even Happier marriage!!
I am getting married in Riviera Maya, but the advice, tips and beautiful weddings here are so helpful to see! Pamela, your wedding really does look like a gorgeous dream! I am a colors girl (my wedding colors are shades of purple, aqua, and silver with pops of rust) and I LOVE what you did with your colors, and those necklaces are amazing! May I ask how arranged your cenote pictures? I would love to do something like that!

PickyBride2013 -- all I can tell you is that the churros were so epic, a friend was actually talking about them last week ... 6 months after the wedding. I, however, never even spoke to the vendor -- it was Angelina's idea and she booked him. Angie is a genius! Whoever your coordinator is, tell her you must have that cart! If it helps at all to identify the right cart (besides that the guy's name is Miguel), guests were laughing about the fact that the cart for some reason had a picture of sponge bob square pants on it. Maybe all the churros carts in Tulum do? Lol. I don't know. Luckily I never had to think about all these details. Good luck!

Originally Posted by kate0614 View Post

PickyBride2013 -- all I can tell you is that the churros were so epic, a friend was actually talking about them last week ... 6 months after the wedding. I, however, never even spoke to the vendor -- it was Angelina's idea and she booked him. Angie is a genius! Whoever your coordinator is, tell her you must have that cart! If it helps at all to identify the right cart (besides that the guy's name is Miguel), guests were laughing about the fact that the cart for some reason had a picture of sponge bob square pants on it. Maybe all the churros carts in Tulum do? Lol. I don't know. Luckily I never had to think about all these details. Good luck!

We are having a churro cart as a surprise for the guests, and I am so excited! My wedding planner assures me that it will be a huge hit, and I have no reason to doubt her!  The one thing I am worried about is having a cake AND churros.  I would rather not spend a whole lot on cake, when somebody is going to be frying up churros for half the night.  What was your experience?

Brownsugarbride -- we had three cakes and the churro cart, they were all devoured. Also, some people really love cake and will not want just churros, but it's up to you, obviously. When I am at a wedding I always look forward to the cake, regardless of what other desserts are on offer.

Brownsugarbride -- we had three cakes and the churro cart, they were all devoured. Also, some people really love cake and will not want just churros, but it's up to you, obviously. When I am at a wedding I always look forward to the cake, regardless of what other desserts are on offer.
Wow, that's great! My plan was to get a relatively small cake and churros, but now you have me thinking that I should just go ahead and get a regular sized cake as well.

What you mind sharing your cake vendor as well? I want my cake to be pretty of course, but taste is paramount for us. Your description of your tres leches cake is divine!

Pablo, the chef at Las Ranitas, did our cakes. I only tasted the Tres Leches, which was amazing, but I heard the other cakes were outstanding as well.
Hrm..that's not going to help me much! LOL I also noticed that you recommended your flamenco guitarist, Camilo Nu. He is absolutely fantastic! Now I'm even more torn between the mariachi band and guitarist. Can you post the information about how to get into contact with him? Also, if you wouldn't mind, can you PM me the costs?