Photo

OOT Bag first aid kit question

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 MsHarryWinston

MsHarryWinston
  • 60 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 02:26 PM

I have a question about puting OTC pills in the first aid kits. I priced out individual packets of pills and they are SUPER expensive and I'm a budget bride. Also in Canada so shipping kicks my butt. Would it be ok to just get large bottles of pills and put them into little baggies along with direction cards and labels? Anyone coming would know me really well so obviously know I'm not trying to poison them. I think I saw a couple other brides do this and it seems much more economical. I'd like to put in aspirin, antacids, an anti-constipation and an anti-diarreal. About 8 of each (4 per person). Oh, and they would be going into the dollar store hard case first aid kits with other cool stuff. Thanks.

#2 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
    • 26,161 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 08:47 PM

I think it's fine. 

#3 MissBubbles205

MissBubbles205
      • 1,350 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 05:14 AM

I have also read about people doing this, and I think it's a great way to save money. I would say make sure you add the labels, but most importantly maybe you should check with customs or the airline you are traveling on. Because I know I did read somewhere here that all OTC medications had to be in their original packages. You just want to make sure they don't confiscate them. That would not be good. :o(

#4 SunsetLove

SunsetLove
        • 156 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 06:26 AM

I think that sounds like a great idea! I haven't priced out the individual packets yet for mine, but if they are too expensive I had considered going that route. I agree with MissBubbles though, you might want to check and make sure they won't be confiscated.

#5 MsHarryWinston

MsHarryWinston
          • 60 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 08:54 AM

Thanks. 

What I could do for customs is just leave them in their big bottles and divy them up once I get to Mexico and am assembling the bags. That way no customs worries. But for sure I will add labels to the baggies.

#6 MissBubbles205

MissBubbles205
            • 1,350 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 09:03 AM

Ahh, now that is a terrific idea!!.. I don't know why I didn't think of that!.. With doing that you shouldn't have any problems at all.

Originally Posted by MsHarryWinston 

Thanks. 

What I could do for customs is just leave them in their big bottles and divy them up once I get to Mexico and am assembling the bags. That way no customs worries. But for sure I will add labels to the baggies.

#7 Meagan816

Meagan816
              • 165 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 06:28 PM

Yeah I would think your guests would trust anything you give them!  Great idea :-)

#8 MsHarryWinston

MsHarryWinston
                • 60 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 09:31 AM

Yay, thanks for the input guys.

#9 lkw4568

lkw4568
                  • 63 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 02:44 PM

I would totally agree and keep them in the large bottles until after customs - you can really save some $$ esp if you get the store brand kind!!!

#10 MsHarryWinston

MsHarryWinston
                    • 60 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 04:50 PM

heck ya! Especially if I grab Tylenol or aspirin from the dollar store, go dollar store go!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users