Photo

Acireta's Planning Journal - April 3, 2012 Cruise Wedding

• Please log in to reply
77 replies to this topic

#21 kitkat863

kitkat863
  • 243 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 09:42 AM

This may be a silly question but how do you plan on flying with your bouquet? I had my aunt make me a shell bouquet and now I have no idea how to package it to fly on the plane with me!!! Your wedding looks like it is going to be awesome. You look absolutely beautiful in your dress!!

Originally Posted by acireta 

Flowers

I loved brooch bouquets from day one, so I made my own to save a few hundred bucks. Here’s my write-up: IMG_3305.JPG

After that write-up, I ended up adding some fabric from my mom’s wedding dress that she wore when she married my dad, onto the handle of the bouquet.

My dad passed away a few years ago, so I also got a memorial charm made by Etsy seller YourCharmedWedding. I sent the seller two pictures of him at family weddings, and she did a beautiful job.

DSC00214.JPG

I made the BM bouquets out of real-touch callas (Hobby Lobby) and cymbidium orchids (www.afloral.com). I also bought initial jewelry for their bouquets from the Oops section on www.bouquetjewels.com. Here is the link to my bridesmaids’ bouquet DIY post: IMG_3380.JPG

IMG_3381.JPG

IMG_3368.JPG

IMG_3392.JPG

I loved these boutonnieres I found online but they were way out of my budget, and I knew I could make them on my own. I made the guitar one for Al, and the smaller pick bouts for the groomsmen, my stepdad and one in memory of my dad.

Groom's bout inspiration from boutonneire.jpg

My DIY version:

DSC00171.JPG

GMs bout inspiration from etsy seller SurroundingsOnline:

groomsmen boutonneire.jpg

My DIY version:

groomsman bout.JPG

DSC00173.JPG

I even made a tiny bout for Cardboard Buster to wear during the wedding.

DSC00440.JPG

OOT Bags

I posted a ridiculously pic-heavy thread about my OOT bags here: DSC00330.JPG

DSC00158.JPG

DSC00159.JPG

DSC00162.JPG

DSC00333.JPG

For my BMs, I included some extra goodies in their bags: monogrammed jewelry rolls (David’s bridal), bridesmaids cosmetics bags (Michaels), shirts for getting ready on the wedding day, some extra Vistaprint items (notebooks, monogrammed sticky notepads), and I paid for their dresses, shoes and hair for the wedding.

bridesmaids packages.JPG

For the shirts for getting ready on the day of the wedding, I bought black tank-tops (Target), rhinestone decals and some iron-on lettering (Michaels).

DSC00064.JPG

We also put some extra goodies in our parents OOT bags, mostly team bride/groom stuff (hats, shirts, tote bags).

DSC00192.JPG

To be continued...

Attached Files

#22 acireta

acireta
    • Site Supporter
    • 750 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 09:48 AM

Thank you so much! Actually, we are driving from Chicago to Florida to get on the cruise ship, so I have it kind of easy. I did package all three bouquets in a small box (maybe 18" all around?) in a bunch of bubble wrap. I think the box is small enough that it would be a carry-on for a plane. I've heard from others that planes will let you carry on these kinds of bouquets, though they may ask you to open the box.

Originally Posted by kitkat863 

This may be a silly question but how do you plan on flying with your bouquet? I had my aunt make me a shell bouquet and now I have no idea how to package it to fly on the plane with me!!! Your wedding looks like it is going to be awesome. You look absolutely beautiful in your dress!!

Erica & Al - April 3, 2012 - St. Thomas, USVI

Planning Thread

Wedding & AHR Pics

#23 kitkat863

kitkat863
      • 243 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 10:36 AM

Yea I plan on having it as carry on somehow but I can't seem to find a box big enough...my aunt went a little overboard so it's a little too big! haha oh well!! Have a great wedding and trip!!! :)

#24 Jamie5280

Jamie5280
        • 675 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 11:27 AM

You did an amazing job!  Everything looks great!

#25 DRPrincesa

DRPrincesa
          • 221 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 07:54 AM

Everything looks GREAT! You are ALL set! I forget how fast 5 months will fly by! I cannot wait to see your after thread! Best wishes!!!!

#26 Renewing32

Renewing32
            • 161 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 02:16 PM

@Acireta Thank you, thank you, thank you. You have so many great ideas and I want to steal them all!
              Just as stir crazy as my first wedding!

#27 mrlddst

mrlddst
              • 222 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 06:11 PM

I loved every detail!  Congrats again!

Its done.....you can read my planning journal or the review...long over due.

http://www.bestdesti...ego-bay-jamaica

#28 acireta

acireta
                • Site Supporter
                • 750 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 07:48 PM

Thanks, everyone! Three days of work left!!

Planning Thread

Wedding & AHR Pics

#29 kks2012

kks2012
                  • Site Supporter
                  • 241 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 09:04 PM

Erica, everything looks so amazing! I pray your day is everything you hoped it would be and so much more

#30 acireta

acireta
                    • Site Supporter
                    • 750 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 04:21 AM

Thanks, Koretta! We're leaving for Miami today!! I'm almost finished packing and I can't believe it!!

Attached Files

Planning Thread

Wedding & AHR Pics

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users