Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
soonCB

Offsite Venues Jamaica

Recommended Posts

Hello everyone,

 

I have  tried to find a thread on Golden Eye resort as a ceremony location, but have been unable to find any. Has anyone had any experiences with Golden Eye in Jamaica?

 

The other venue I like is Firefly, but was told that they do weddings anymore. Has anyone else got this as well?

 

I would also be open to anyone's suggestions of off resort locations in Jamaica or if you already know of a thread with this info.

 

Happy planning!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


We are looking at either Negril or Ocho Rios. I don't want to get married in Montego Bay. We are finalizing our decision of where this week :)
 

Originally Posted by mzthan6 View Post

Where in Jamaica are you planning on getting married?


 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


good luck on your wedding planning :).  if you decide to get married in Negril try moon dance cliff or negril escape.

 

Happy Planning

Originally Posted by soonCB View Post


We are looking at either Negril or Ocho Rios. I don't want to get married in Montego Bay. We are finalizing our decision of where this week :)
 



 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


We are actually looking at Moondance cliffs, but I think it may be out of our budget and I was told they do not allow children under the age of 12. Have you had any experiences with either of the places listed below? I haven't heard of Negril escape
 

Originally Posted by mzthan6 View Post


good luck on your wedding planning :).  if you decide to get married in Negril try moon dance cliff or negril escape.

 

Happy Planning



 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hear yah... Moondance is pretty expensive we looked in to it as well, but it is out of our price range. It's a beautiful place tho. We stayed there for a couple of nights rooms are very comfortable, clean. I'm having my wedding at Negril Escape. The person that we are dealing with are pretty accomodating they worked with our budget. I've seen the place last year, it's pretty nice. They can accommodate up to 100 guests if I'm not mistaken. If you need more info let me know :) a friend of mine who is just started her business as a wedding planner/travel agent is helping me with all the wedding details and communicating with Negril Escape and other vendors

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

mzthan6- have you heard of firefly? I really had my heart set on it and out wedding planner said they no longer do weddings :(.Does your planner have any insight into the whole situation with Firefly?

 

We got pricing back from moondance and it is definately WAY above our budget. They also require you to stay a minimum of 3 nights with guests. I can not imagine asking my guests to change resorts half way through and pay almost $1000 more than it would cost for everyone to stay at one resort. Is Negril Escape a resort? do you have any links to it? Have you booked your wedding yet?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

sooncb - i've heard of them but not too sure where their exact location.  whenever we go to Negril we stay on the cliffside.  I was checking online and this is what i found about firefly http://www.jamaicalink.com/weddings.html  let me know what exactly are you looking for for your wedding and i'll ask my friend if she can find out the situation with firefly.  i know how you feel about having your wedding at a particular place and not getting it :( i was in the same situation with you.  we wanted to book this villa but that didn't happen. :( i'm still pissed about the owner and the wedding planner in Jamaica.

 

btw, i did book negril escape  i think some of the wedding planners in negril.  use negril escape with their catering, tables and chairs rentals. 


 

Originally Posted by soonCB View Post

mzthan6- have you heard of firefly? I really had my heart set on it and out wedding planner said they no longer do weddings :(.Does your planner have any insight into the whole situation with Firefly?

 

We got pricing back from moondance and it is definately WAY above our budget. They also require you to stay a minimum of 3 nights with guests. I can not imagine asking my guests to change resorts half way through and pay almost $1000 more than it would cost for everyone to stay at one resort. Is Negril Escape a resort? do you have any links to it? Have you booked your wedding yet?



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Our wedding planner is looking into the whole firefly situation. She will be in Jamaica for about a week next week. I would really like a truly off resort wedding and not a wedding at another resort. What happened with your previous location?
 

Originally Posted by mzthan6 View Post

sooncb - i've heard of them but not too sure where their exact location.  whenever we go to Negril we stay on the cliffside.  I was checking online and this is what i found about firefly http://www.jamaicalink.com/weddings.html  let me know what exactly are you looking for for your wedding and i'll ask my friend if she can find out the situation with firefly.  i know how you feel about having your wedding at a particular place and not getting it :( i was in the same situation with you.  we wanted to book this villa but that didn't happen. :( i'm still pissed about the owner and the wedding planner in Jamaica.

 

btw, i did book negril escape  i think some of the wedding planners in negril.  use negril escape with their catering, tables and chairs rentals. 


 



 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

hi ladies im interested in the firefly wedding location also ,have you ladies found out what the deal is with them offering weddings or no also who would be the contact person?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • Are you looking for a guide where you’ll find many tips and steps to follow to make your wedding a success? We design a special for you, where you will find: Photography Tips To-Do List Check list How to choose the best dress? Memories and invitations And much more! Download it now for free from: http://emweddings.com/WeddingGuide/index.html     Don’t stress. Enjoy every moment, tomorrow will be your best memories. See you soon!
    • Another option is to find an app that allows for group talk. This Wedding Party App looks pretty neat. https://apracticalwedding.com/wedding-party-app/ 
    • Hi Everyone, So, I was cleaning out my closet and realized that I never sold off my extra wedding OOT bag stuff from our wonderful DW.   46 Daily Spanish for Dummies 30 Pool colored OOT fabric bags - approximately 13in x 13in. They lay flat.  I used them for our wedding and they were perfect for everything we needed to fit in each bag. There’s a slight shade variation in the group; I’m guessing some were cut from a different bolt of fabric.  They are also a little wrinkled from storage and will probably be wrinkled from shipping. I have three additional ones, but they somehow got something on them (likely toddler related). If needed, I can try to wash it out and send those as well. 
    • I’m getting married in six months to my foreign girlfriend. I was advised by a friend that one of the things I need to do before saying I do is to get a prenuptial agreement. Basically it’s supposed to protect my assets and properties in case my relationship with my future wife goes down the drain. I don’t know though if this is an acceptable practice when marrying Kiev ladies. I don’t want to do it if it would be insulting on her end. I need advice on this. Please help me.
    • So we are currently looking for an all inclusive resort for the wedding. We have 60 guests and found all the Dreams resorts as options and all of them gave us a quote and discounted price since it’s off season etc. Resorts in Punta Canta gave us a reasonable price, Dominicus gave us a really good deal then La Romana Resort and Spa gave us their regular price and so hard to negotiate. Will someone tell us how special is this resort that they won’t give us a good discount when all my guests are staying in their resort for 5-8 days. We are bringing $$$ in their resort and not give us a discount?  What is so special with this resort?  Can somebody recommend a beautiful resort? 
  • Topics

×