MrsG 81812
  • 38 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 06:14 AM

What glue did you use for the crystals?

#12 MrsG 81812

MrsG 81812
    • 38 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 06:39 AM

I love your cake topper. Can I ask how tall is it and what paint did you use? I think I am going to copy it and mix mine with swaroski and regular crystals.

#13 venus909

venus909
      • 328 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 12:17 PM

It took me approx. 3 - 4 hours for the cake topper. I actually did it in a few mini sessions while I watched a movie or something so it didn't feel so bad. Crafty Eddie doesn't have a website perse but you can email him at craftyeddy@gmail.com and he will then send you a link to a photo gallery of his work and ordering info. thanks Dominque! I love working on the DIY projects... I have more I am hoping to post soon ;)

#14 Smitten

Smitten
        • 153 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 06:29 AM

Beautiful!!!  I agree it is worth the extra cost for the swarovski crystals to get the extra dazzle.

#15 Josie Fiorda

Josie Fiorda
          • 198 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 06:58 AM

that is gorgeous! I love how sparkly it is!

#16 kisha311

kisha311
            • Site Supporter
            • 259 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 08:25 PM

Great job! Can I ask about your flags for the straws? What kind of template did you use? I've been playing around with the same thing, but I can't get it to come out lined up correctly. I have also thought long and hard about DIY cake topper, and I'm more inspired to do it! What material is your monogram? I know you mentioned removing the cake pick part, so I was wondering if it's metal or hard plastic.

Sorry for all the questions!

Beaches Turks & Caicos - 30 Rooms booked with 80 guests confirmed so far!

#17 venus909

venus909
              • 328 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 08:54 PM

@kisha for the straw flags... I actually used an image that I found online and modified it in photoshop to make my own template.  If you use photoshop I could probably share the template with you. I had a hard time getting it to line up to so I ended up only printing the lines on the top of the straw flag and cutting the end free hand.

The cake topper is actually thin wood that I painted and then after I painted it I added the swarovski crystals.

Let me know if you have any other questions..I'd be happy to help answer them :)

#18 kisha311

kisha311
                • Site Supporter
                • 259 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 05:05 AM

Thanks so much, I'm actually waiting on my copy of photoshop to arrive. Did you use elements, lightroom, or cs? Not sure if it makes a difference, but I would rather ask and be sure. I'm still playing around with photography so I don't mind purchasing the software.

Beaches Turks & Caicos - 30 Rooms booked with 80 guests confirmed so far!

#19 breeo

breeo
                  • 157 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 08:29 PM

Really nice.

#20 misbosox

misbosox
                    • 294 posts
                    • Wedding Date:June 23, 2015
                    • Wedding Location:Moon Palace Resort ~ Cancun, Mexico
                    • LocationFort Worth, TX

Posted 02 November 2013 - 05:31 PM