OFFICIAL NOW Jade Wedding Thread

• Please log in to reply
5307 replies to this topic

#591 kitkat863

kitkat863
  • 243 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 12:09 PM

Originally Posted by marie122083 

awesome!  have you picked a photographer yet?  cant decide if we should spend the extra money to use someone outside the resort.  and then i look at these galleries online and now i cant decide...ugh. 

I highly recommend using an outside photographer! I used Gonzalo Nunez - he was fantastic and was very reasonably priced. I could not be happier with my decision!

#592 kitkat863

kitkat863
    • 243 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 12:11 PM

Originally Posted by vlivins 

Just wondering if anyone has any pictures of the orange lounge they can share? We are having our cocktail reception there but I don't have any photos beyond the one in the resort package they provided. 

I do not have any pics of the orange lounge but basically what you see in their pictures is what you get. It is a very small area located right along the walk way to some of the restaurants and to the pergola. The decor is nice but again it is very small. How many people do you plan on having with you?

#593 chantal09

chantal09
      • 192 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 05:57 PM

Originally Posted by Jackieindabox 

Hi there!  Do you by any chance have pictures of your fireworks as yet?  I did contact Maritza (thank you for the referral) and am really close to adding them in, but would love to see how they looked on your special day!

Excited!

Jackie

Maritza actually sent me videos of the fireworks when I asked her. I haven't had my wedding yet so not too sure how they are in real life. I am just waiting to see how much we have left in the budget

#594 vlivins

vlivins
        • 45 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 07:33 PM

It looks like we will have 30-40 people, is the space big enough to accommodate a group that size?

#595 kitkat863

kitkat863
          • 243 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 06:35 AM

Originally Posted by vlivins 

It looks like we will have 30-40 people, is the space big enough to accommodate a group that size?

I would check with Pilar but I would think that you would be spilling out into the walkway. We had ours at the beach bar and it was spacious and they block it off so no one else can come down. I liked the look of the orange lounge but it was pretty small.

#596 nikkole025

nikkole025
            • 21 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 01:51 PM

Hello!!

I am getting married November 28th at 3:30pm. I am just trying to figure out what time I should get my hair and make-up done. Any suggestions? Also, do you know how many people the salon will accommodate for hair? It will be myself, 4 bridesmaids, mother of the bride, mother of the groom and our MC all want to get their hair done (total of 8 people). Also, what is your experience with the salon? My cousin will be doing our makeup, so we can get that done while we are getting our hair done if they allow it.

Thanks for your help!!

#597 nikkole025

nikkole025
              • 21 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 01:53 PM

Also, does anyone have an experience using Flores Riviera Mayan for their flowers? I got a quote and it's much cheaper than the resort, I just want to make sure they are reputable.

Thank again!

#598 tamarack

tamarack
                • 17 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 06:46 AM

Hi Ladies! Hope everything is going smooth in your wedding planning. I am trying to bring as much decor as I can to save cost. From what the price list says it can get quite expensive for flowers and table centrepieces. Do any of you know if the resort provides minimal decor...like candles? Do they use linen napkins? And how much the laterns cost that hang from the ceiling? I'm so excited and nervous!! I want everything to look good! Thanks for your advice:)

#599 Mlite83

Mlite83
                  • 384 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 03:34 PM

Originally Posted by tamarack 

Hi Ladies! Hope everything is going smooth in your wedding planning. I am trying to bring as much decor as I can to save cost. From what the price list says it can get quite expensive for flowers and table centrepieces. Do any of you know if the resort provides minimal decor...like candles? Do they use linen napkins? And how much the laterns cost that hang from the ceiling? I'm so excited and nervous!! I want everything to look good! Thanks for your advice:)

Not sure on most items you mention but I do recall that lanterns were about $20 for 10...not sure on sizing or colours options but a former bride posted it on here this past summer.

Hopefully someone else can help you out with the other questions, I'd be interested to know too!

#600 Jenvinet

Jenvinet
                    • 14 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 09:27 AM

I was wondering the same thing, I asked Pilar about the decor and the only thing she responded was that brides normally bring their own candles and favours.. so if someone has already had their wedding there, maybe they could be more helpful.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users