5307 replies to this topic

#4101 Meg32IL

Meg32IL
  • 99 posts
  • Wedding Date:November 6, 2014
  • Wedding Location:Now Jade - Pergola
  • LocationMendota, Illinois

Posted 17 March 2014 - 06:57 AM

We have most our guests booking through bookit.com because it is about $400 cheaper a person than the Travel Agent so I'm guessing we will not get any money back.

If anyone hears of the resort giving credit back please share.

Megan Bromenschenkel

www.kneebone-wedding.com

#4102 annettea1021

annettea1021
  • 86 posts
  • Wedding Date:May 31, 2014

Posted 17 March 2014 - 07:37 AM

Hey Ladies!

So I am getting anxious/nervous/excited, etc!! my wedding is on May 31st and i am literally trying to get my welcome bags, deocrations, and all my DIY projects together NOW! i am only having about 20 ppl going... I am getting nervous b/c I've had a couple of people text me that they migth be going so idk if i should take them serious or not... <_<

I am thinking about doing my "photobooth" with a couple of things i found on oriental trading... but i was wondering if they let you place anything on the walls... I was thinking about purchasing a drop down as a background?? has any of the past brides done this??? Well happy planning all!!!

PS; as soon as i finish with my DIYs I will def add it to my wedding planning thread for all you to see!!!

#4103 Meg32IL

Meg32IL
  • 99 posts
  • Wedding Date:November 6, 2014
  • Wedding Location:Now Jade - Pergola
  • LocationMendota, Illinois

Posted 17 March 2014 - 07:48 AM

Does anyone have examples of how they worded the invitations?? We already sent out save the dates with a link to our website which explains all the booking information.

We are having the destination wedding in November and an at home celebration in January. I just want to do one invitation mailing.

I was thinking people could RSVP for the destination wedding through a special wedding email we set up, then RSVP for the home celebration with a typical RSVP card.

THOUGHTS??!

Megan Bromenschenkel

www.kneebone-wedding.com

#4104 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
  • 11,659 posts
  • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 17 March 2014 - 08:23 AM

Just a reminder, the NOW Jade Wedding Webinar is this Saturday at 9:00am PST

There are still spots available.

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#4105 EmmA1025

EmmA1025
  • 133 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 12:00 PM

It was all done through my travel agent... Something about every 6th room becomes a credit which we can use for whatever. I would suggest to you all to check with your agent as this is not the first time I've heard of this. Three couples I know who have had destination weddings got the same deal or similar.

Oh yes, we have the same thing. Every 6th room booked is a free room or you can use it as a refund. We chose to give 2 free rooms to our parents and any other free rooms we get well just take the refund!

#4106 AyeWatSoon

AyeWatSoon
    • 135 posts
    • Wedding Date:May 30, 2015
    • Wedding Location:Now Jade

Posted 17 March 2014 - 01:27 PM

It was all done through my travel agent... Something about every 6th room becomes a credit which we can use for whatever. I would suggest to you all to check with your agent as this is not the first time I've heard of this. Three couples I know who have had destination weddings got the same deal or similar.

I have the same deal.  The 6th room is free.  It's a promotion ran by AMResorts so it should be honored by all or at least most travel agents.  Check out this link:

http://www.nowresort...erings-getaways

#4107 Marta30

Marta30
    • 27 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 06:54 PM

We have most our guests booking through bookit.com because it is about $400 cheaper a person than the Travel Agent so I'm guessing we will not get any money back.

If anyone hears of the resort giving credit back please share.

I am in the same situation. We had a room block trough Apple Vacations but no one booked through it because it was $400 more. So most of our guests booked on bookit.com. Curious if we can get anything back from the hotel.

#4108 LindseyJo

LindseyJo
      • 3 posts
      • Wedding Date:July 2, 2014
      • Wedding Location:NOW Jade

Posted 18 March 2014 - 06:54 AM

So we have 43 people confirmed so far! Its more then we expected, but are happy so many people want to come all the way to mexico for us! lol We're exactly 2 months until we board that plane and head to now jade! Very exciting and nervous! Just trying to get the small little things together.. I actually didnt even start the forms for dj or the resort that i need to send them so i will do that this weekend.. I have the terrace booked for now but with 43 people im not positive how this is going to work. I really dont want to be super tight with no room for dancing! Does anyone have pics of different ways the terrace is set up as far as tables? I requested this from Isela but still havent received and email back.
       What is everyone else up to as of now?

Emma - this is the only way I could find to post pictures. I have more if you want more....

#4109 candle23

candle23
      • 294 posts
      • Wedding Date:October 23, 2014
      • Wedding Location:Now Jade Riviera Cancun
      • LocationEdmonton, Alberta, Canada

Posted 18 March 2014 - 04:59 PM

I had inquired about this with our travel agent and she informed me that this was not honoured by them. But they do give us our second week as our honeymoon for free. So that works out well for us I guess!

#4110 A7Xtrish

A7Xtrish
      • 163 posts
      • Wedding Date:September 23, 2014
      • Wedding Location:Now Jade Riviera Maya
      • LocationLong Island

Posted 19 March 2014 - 03:34 AM

188 days to go! So much planning! How is everyone doing with their planning?

trishhh. <3 Now Jade, 09.23.2014

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users