Photo

OFFICIAL NOW Jade Wedding Thread

• Please log in to reply
5307 replies to this topic

#4061 mslinda

mslinda
  • 24 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 07:20 PM

How is everyone traveling with their wedding dress? I was hoping I'd carry it on and they'd have room in the first class closet....but if not, I might be screwed. My dress is pretty big and bulky.

#4062 Vika

Vika
    • Site Supporter
    • 143 posts
    • Wedding Date:March 10, 2013
    • Wedding Location:Now Jade

Posted 25 February 2014 - 08:26 AM

How is everyone traveling with their wedding dress? I was hoping I'd carry it on and they'd have room in the first class closet....but if not, I might be screwed. My dress is pretty big and bulky.

mine was very bulty as well, but i put it in a garment bag and placed it flat in an overhead comparement. took up the whole thing! but it worked :)

972276 679432317173 675964163 N

Edited by Vika, 25 February 2014 - 08:26 AM.

#4063 DanielleFaye0517

DanielleFaye0517
    • 1 posts
    • Wedding Date:May 17, 2014

Posted 26 February 2014 - 06:39 PM

Hey Girl! I have a question for you guys. I did a site visit in April and was told to have a civil wedding I would have to be in Mexico three business days before the wedding. Now I am being told we need to be there four days before. When I check other resorts website it also says that only three days are required. For girls that have already been married were you there for 3 day. I booked everything and there now telling me I cannot have a civil wedding which is extremely important to us. Any advice will help!

Danielle

#4064 Vika

Vika
    • Site Supporter
    • 143 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 07:19 AM

Hey Girl! I have a question for you guys. I did a site visit in April and was told to have a civil wedding I would have to be in Mexico three business days before the wedding. Now I am being told we need to be there four days before. When I check other resorts website it also says that only three days are required. For girls that have already been married were you there for 3 day. I booked everything and there now telling me I cannot have a civil wedding which is extremely important to us. Any advice will help!

Danielle

Danielle,

I was pretty sure that it was 3 days as well, but in their planning guide it says:

Bride, Groom & Witnesses must arrive in CancĂșn 4 working
    days prior to the wedding day (Saturdays, Sundays & Holidays
    do not count). Symbolic and non-legal ceremonies allow
    flexibility for arrival date. Please speak with the wedding
    coordinator to discuss requirements.

#4065 Meg32IL

Meg32IL
    • 99 posts
    • Wedding Date:November 6, 2014
    • Wedding Location:Now Jade - Pergola
    • LocationMendota, Illinois

Posted 27 February 2014 - 07:29 AM

Can past brides post the timelines to their day. Include everything from when you woke up till you went to sleep.

Also, I'm still looking for a private catamaran for a group activity for our guests. We have between 60-75 guests and all the ones I'm finding for that large of a group only leave from Cancun and we prefer not to travel a half hour for it.

Thanks!!

Megan Bromenschenkel

www.kneebone-wedding.com

#4066 Vika

Vika
    • Site Supporter
    • 143 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 07:41 AM

Danielle,

I was pretty sure that it was 3 days as well, but in their planning guide it says:

Bride, Groom & Witnesses must arrive in CancĂșn 4 working
    days prior to the wedding day (Saturdays, Sundays & Holidays
    do not count). Symbolic and non-legal ceremonies allow
    flexibility for arrival date. Please speak with the wedding
    coordinator to discuss requirements.

i just looked at the wedding planning guide that I was sent that was 2012-2013 and it said Bride, Groom & Witnesses must arrive to Cancun 3 working days prior to the wedding day (Saturdays,

Sundays & Holidays do not count)

depending on when you reserved your date, i think you can argue with them that this used to be 3 days when you reserved and they should honor that for you.

#4067 whitejulie01

whitejulie01
    • 8 posts
    • Wedding Date:November 21, 2014
    • LocationBC, Canada

Posted 27 February 2014 - 08:19 AM

Does anyone have any experience with requesting a gluten-free wedding cake/menu while at the Jade? 

#4068 juicybride

juicybride
    • 76 posts
    • Wedding Date:January 31, 2014
    • Wedding Location:NOW JADE
    • LocationCanada

Posted 27 February 2014 - 10:39 AM

Can past brides post the timelines to their day. Include everything from when you woke up till you went to sleep.

Also, I'm still looking for a private catamaran for a group activity for our guests. We have between 60-75 guests and all the ones I'm finding for that large of a group only leave from Cancun and we prefer not to travel a half hour for it.

Thanks!!

Here's my timeline:

9am-woke up & ordered room service for breakfast then got ready
    11am-hair & makeup
    1pm-girls & I got dressed in my room, ordered room service for lunch
    2pm-had lunch
    3pm-photographer took some getting ready photos
    3:30pm-ceremony at the pergola
    4:15-champagne toasts
    4:30-photos with guests
    4:45pm-photos with wedding party during cocktail hour
    6pm-reception in bamboo room, speeches during dinner
    7pm-cake cutting, dancing
    8:30pm-bouquet & garter toss
    8:45-11pm dancing

#4069 AyeWatSoon

AyeWatSoon
    • 135 posts
    • Wedding Date:May 30, 2015

Posted 27 February 2014 - 02:36 PM

Hello!

I just wanted to stop in and introduce myself.  My name is Ariel and I waiting on confirmation from Now Jade for a May 2, 2015 wedding.  They used to have a calendar on the website to give visitors an idea of what dates were available however that has since been disabled.

How long did you have to wait to receive a response back from the resort in regards to your date?

#4070 ironman

ironman
    • 320 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 09:48 AM

Does anyone have any experience with requesting a gluten-free wedding cake/menu while at the Jade? 

I'm not sure about the cake - but here's the gluten free (and vegetarian) menu selections I received when planning my wedding last year. Shouldn't be a problem to request any of them or mix and match.

gluten1
      gluten2
      gluten3

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users